2016 Primaries and Caucuses Thread - Part 1

Looks like a Democrat will win the California Senate seat this year no matter what

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-senate-primary-election-20160607-snap-story.html

Jungle primary leads to Democrat vs Democrat come this November. Personally I like this method to pick somebody. It basically gives people at least 2 options in places that heavily favor Dems or Republicans, all that being said I could see arguments saying this should be at the House level only and not the Senate

Can we take a moment to appreciate what is happening? A woman has just been nominated by a major political party for President of the United States. This has never happened before. This a class that, less than a century ago, could not even cast a vote. Today is a major historic milestone for our country. I know people tend to be cool toward Clinton, but the relevance of this day shouldn't be overlooked.

Its historic, but she didn't deserve it.

Thx, Alex.

I should have read up on him beforehand. It's too bad he isn't viable.

I mentioned this on the previous page but there is absolutely no logic to the idea that the AP story benefited either candidate. You could apply the same logic and say Clinton voters stayed home today because she won yesterday. I hate anecdotal evidence but my Facebook feed is littered today with pissed off Sanders supporters who said more or less they were going to make sure to get out as many voters as possible today in California to stop Hillary from winning to spite the AP report. Meanwhile my dad who supports Clinton told me he didn't vote because he thought the election was already over.

You're contradicting yourself here. You're saying the AP story didn't hinder voter turnout, but that's exactly what happened with your father?

The fact of the matter is the AP announcing the race yesterday only pissed off Sanders supporters more. It didn't do any favors for Clinton at all and probably hurt her if anything. I'm so sick of Sanders supporters blaming the DNC, rigged primaries, super delegates for losing. There is no vast conspiracy against him by the DNC or the media, he simply received less votes than Clinton. For that matter, let's assume Clinton was reponsible for the media announcing her the presumptive nominee last night. Why on Earth would she want Puerto Rico to be the primary that put her over the top when she was very obviously going to hit that benchmark less than 24 hours later in New Jersey? It turned out to be the most anti climatic end to the race ever whereas winning NJ, SC, New Mexico and potentially CA would have been a great high note to end the primary on.

Put your tinfoil hat on for a second, you have a 7 Primary "Battle" coming up and your competition is within reach more or less. Why wouldn't you stack the deck? It's not about the a victorious win, it's about a win no matter what.

Can we take a moment to appreciate what is happening? A woman has just been nominated by a major political party for President of the United States. This has never happened before. This a class that, less than a century ago, could not even cast a vote. Today is a major historic milestone for our country. I know people tend to be cool toward Clinton, but the relevance of this day shouldn't be overlooked.

Choosing a candidate that is a great leader with a great record > choosing a candidate based on genitalia or skin color....which seems to be how the left are now operating so they can call anyone that disagrees a racist, bigot, sexist, etc.

I'm tired of incestuous politics. I'm tired of hearing people say 'It's Hillary's time, she's earned it.'. It is a historic day. Today is the day that cements the sad fact that America has to choose between a narcissist xenophobe with zero political leadership and a history of abusing the country financially and a narcissist pathological liar shrouded in scandals and death that speaks out of both sides of her mouth. We did it America!

Hillary should use this as her campaign song

[YT]HH3ruuml-R4[/YT]
I'm inclined to think the Psych theme song would be more appropriate... :o
Its historic, but she didn't deserve it.

Yep. I can't get excited about a "historic nomination" when it's Hillary freaking Clinton. Part of me still wants Bernie to run 3rd Party, but then that would likely guarantee a Trump win. Who knows, maybe the FBI will finally get around to charging her and we can have a real candidate.

anyone see this crap lol

I'm inclined to think the Psych theme song would be more appropriate... :o

Yep. I can't get excited about a "historic nomination" when it's Hillary freaking Clinton. Part of me still wants Bernie to run 3rd Party, but then that would likely guarantee a Trump win. Who knows, maybe the FBI will finally get around to charging her and we can have a real candidate.

Charging her for what?

That is not exactly correct.... counting even Hispanics who count themselves as white the percentage is barely over 72%...take out those and it's around 64%.

With the break down of women and Hispanic voters and how they have risen in # over the past 12 years in the voting ranks, Trump will need upwards of 70% of the White Male vote to win, and no President has gotten that. Reagan got 63% of the vote and closest to that was Romney last time with 62%. The number of Women and Hispanic voters will go up substantially I have a feeling, so Trump is going to have a massive Mt. Everest to climb...

America is like 80% white or something already, already more than needed lol. ;) What a dumb shock value billboard. :whatever:

Only 60 percent.

But it could be 100 percent white and still have problems.

It would be Canada with more rednecks and cowboys which would get old eventually.

I don't know if Baton Rouge can handle this right now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"