• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

2016 Primaries and Caucuses Thread - Part 1

You think Bernie supporters actually understand what's going on?

No, they really don't. I've tried to explain to many people why Hillary is winning fair and square, is winning in the popular vote and pledged delegates, and why it's almost impossible for Bernie to catch up and yet it completely flies right over their head. They think the system is rigged against them even though they have taken full advantage of it.

I think it was a case that they voted out of spite against Obama/Hillary then thinking Bernie was less liberal then either. It should be noted in 2012 a convicted Felon got 40% against Obama in WV

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...west-virginia/2012/05/09/gIQA7GwtCU_blog.html

In all honesty why are these people even registered as Democrats at this point

I do think that's where a lot more of his support comes from this than we think. I think there are a lot of people voting for him because they don't want to vote for Hillary. Many of his own voters don't want the big social programs he's advocating.

I know someone who is talking about voting for Bernie and her rationale is well I'm not voting for Trump or Hillary. Bernie won't be able to get anything done and we survived 6 years of nothing being done so I think we can survive 4 more.

No, they really don't. I've tried to explain to many people why Hillary is winning fair and square, is winning in the popular vote and pledged delegates, and why it's almost impossible for Bernie to catch up and yet it completely flies right over their head. They think the system is rigged against them even though they have taken full advantage of it.

The system they know nothing about. Thats what irritates me. They ***** and moan about the system and rules being rigged, but they dont even know what the rules or system is.

Hillary squeaked out the win in Kentucky. Bernie really needed that one!

Isn't Kentucky coal country?

Which is why Bernie needed that one. I assumed he was going to win by at least 5%. He really needed to win by a decent amount to justify staying in. If Oregon is even remotely close and he's still talking about winning tomorrow he's basically confirmed my suspicions that he really doesn't give a damn about Democrats keeping the White House.

Pack it up Bernie, the democrat party is starting to look more divisive than the republicans. It's just hurting the party at this point and putting a ding in Hillary's campaign for general election.

Pack it up Bernie, the democrat party is starting to look more divisive than the republicans. It's just hurting the party at this point and putting a ding in Hillary's campaign for general election.

Bernie doesnt care. And he doesnt compromise. If he cant be the candidate he's probably gonna take the ship down with him. The selfish old fart.

I can't believe Trump won Kentucky only by 4% over Cruz. I figured Trump would kill Cruz in a head to head battle if Cruz was actually still running. I wonder if people just said screw it since this is meaningless we will vote our conscience(because both Rubio and Kasich got like 15% each)

Bernie doesnt care. And he doesnt compromise. If he cant be the candidate he's probably gonna take the ship down with him. The selfish old fart.
I like Bernie, but can't think him staying in is good for Hillary in the general.

I like Bernie, but can't think him staying in is good for Hillary in the general.

Its not. She should be pivoting to Trump and starting up her general election campaign, but until Bernie is out she has to deal with Bernie and Trump's attacks, continue her primary campaign, and Bernie is splitting the base.

He never should have been allowed to run as a democrat in the primaries. He was an uncooperative independent for 36 years, but he switched to the Democrat party last year just so he could run as a democrat and get some of the benefits. Its not surprising that he didnt hesitate to **** over the party. Youd think a party wouldnt want allow just anyone to be their candidate. It should be a person that has an established history with the party actually represents the party and the goals of the party. Letting a man that was an independent for decades run as a democrat was just asking for trouble. But I guess no one in the DNC expected him to make it this far.

And now he has won oregon so I expect him to talk more horse**** about how he's gonna win the nomination.

Thankfully so far it seems he only won 4 more delegates than Hillary so this is another victory that doesnt actually help him in any way that matters.

Last edited:
Its not. She should be pivoting to Trump and starting up her general election campaign, but until Bernie is out she has to deal with Bernie and Trump's attacks, continue her primary campaign, and Bernie is splitting the base.

He never should have been allowed to run as a democrat in the primaries. He was an uncooperative independent for 36 years, but he switched to the Democrat party last year just so he could run as a democrat and get some of the benefits. Its not surprising that he didnt hesitate to **** over the party. Youd think a party wouldnt want allow just anyone to be their candidate. It should be a person that has an established history with the party actually represents the party and the goals of the party. Letting a man that was an independent for decades run as a democrat was just asking for trouble. But I guess no one in the DNC expected him to make it this far.

Payback is a *****. Granted, I have mixed feelings, since Trump needs to be stopped, but given the shameful manner the DNC has gone about this, it's kind of nice to see Hillary's coronation being turned into an embarrassing shouting match.

Being honest, I can't fathom why people are still throwing money at him. Trump encouraged him to keep running. He even ended the tweet with "Run, Bernie, Run!" :funny:

Payback is a *****. Granted, I have mixed feelings, since Trump needs to be stopped, but given the shameful manner the DNC has gone about this, it's kind of nice to see Hillary's coronation being turned into an embarrassing shouting match.

Like I said in the Bernie thread, the DNC hasnt rigged this thing. They didnt create new rules or obstacles specifically intended to stop Bernie. The current rules and system were in place long before Bernie decided to switch to the democrat party. If he cant get the nomination by adhering to the system and rules that have existed for years thats on him. Not the DNC. So I fail to see why he owes them payback.

There are a number of reasons why Hillary is doing better and not one of them has anything to do with the DNC rigging anything.

Like I said in the Bernie thread, the DNC hasnt rigged this thing. They didnt create new rules or obstacles specifically intended to stop Bernie. The current rules and system were in place long before Bernie decided to switch to the democrat party. If he cant get the nomination by adhering to the system and rules that have existed for years thats on him. Not the DNC. So I fail to see why he owes them payback.

There are a number of reasons why Hillary is doing better and not one of them has anything to do with the DNC rigging anything.

Like I said in that thread, they did. The shenanigans with the debates.

You can't seriously tell me you think this was ever meant to be a fair contest.

Thundercrack, the same set of rules were in place when Hillary ran against, and was beaten by, President Obama back in 2008. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Bernie's inability to use the rules and bend his message to win by the rules is a big part of why he isn't winning against Hillary.

Thundercrack, the same set of rules were in place when Hillary ran against, and was beaten by, President Obama back in 2008. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Bernie's inability to use the rules and bend his message to win by the rules is a big part of why he isn't winning against Hillary.

Are you people not seeing the part about the debates, or deliberately ignoring that because it undermines your arguments?

http://www.politifact.com/florida/s...atic-debates-maximize-exposure-debbie-wasser/

Were Bernie not a strong candidate, you probably wouldn't see him doing so well in the Reddit community, and indeed the online community at large. I don't think the debates hurt him any more than they hurt Hillary. Both are on even ground where exposure is concerned - and Bernie's been keeping up with Hillary where primaries are concerned.

At the end of the day, the best candidate wins.

Last edited:
Like I said in that thread, they did. The shenanigans with the debates.

You can't seriously tell me you think this was ever meant to be a fair contest.

Yep. If not for those democrats and their pesky debates he'd have gotten away with it.:o

Those debates arent why he cant pull ahead of Hillary or reach the required number of delegates or pull in many of the superdelegates.

Hillary is playing by the same rules Bernie is. The same rules that hillary and Obama played by in 2008. The same rules countless potential candidates have played by for decades. So yes it was fair. If Bernie didnt want to play by the rules and be a part of the party he should have remained an independent.

This is Bernie in a nutshell:

Flip+the+table+from+francis+plays+magic+the+gathering_8e7002_3663541.gif

He wants the party and its rules and system as long as its going his way but when its not he wants to turn the board over and blame the rules and people for cheating.

Hopefully after this primary season is over with he leaves the party and goes back to being the old guy yelling at the sky.

It's naive to think this race is any more rigged than 2008, and anyone who thinks differently has a short memory. The fact of the matter is Bernie is not as good of a candidate as Obama was eight years ago. Hillary was the favored candidate then too. The debate argument is ridiculous too because Sanders didn't even necessarily care about the debate schedule until it was apparent he had no chance of winning. I don't believe the argument was even raised until after Super Tuesday probably because Sanders is obviously not a fan of the debate format.

Yep. If not for those democrats and their pesky debates he'd have gotten away with it.:o

Those debates arent why he cant pull ahead of Hillary or reach the required number of delegates or pull in many of the superdelegates.

Hillary is playing by the same rules Bernie is. The same rules that hillary and Obama played by in 2008. The same rules countless potential candidates have played by for decades. So yes it was fair. If Bernie didnt want to play by the rules and be a part of the party he should have remained an independent.

This is Bernie in a nutshell:

Flip+the+table+from+francis+plays+magic+the+gathering_8e7002_3663541.gif

He wants the party and its rules and system as long as its going his way but when its not he wants to turn the board over and blame the rules and people for cheating.

Hopefully after this primary season is over with he leaves the party and goes back to being the old guy yelling at the sky.
Exactly. Bernie and his supporters are coming off like brats. Complain about Super Delegates, now begging for them to support him. They knew the rules and didn't start complaining until he started losing. They were so bullish that he'd win with these rules, but now that he clearly isn't, they are crying about the rules.

If Bernie was as popular as Obama, he'd be winning.

dems look more out of whack than the reps. very surprised that trump wrapped things up early and now democrats having these breakdowns :eek:

dems look more out of whack than the reps. very surprised that trump wrapped things up early and now democrats having these breakdowns :eek:

I think Ted Cruz and John Kasich cares more about the Republican Party then Sanders does about the Democratic Party. If the roles were reversed and Ted Cruz were leading I guarantee Trump would have stayed in as a spoiler.

The old saying is "Democrats fall in love. Republicans fall in line."

Sanders isn't a life-long Democrat or a Democrat of any history like Clinton. Kasich and Cruz are Republicans of history.

I know it's hard when you're supporting the losing party primary campaign. Very fortunately for me, the last time I had to deal with that personally was with Vermont Governor Howard Dean back in 2004. But of course I sucked it up and moved on with my life. Which is what people should do. (BTW Dean supports Clinton.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"