The Avengers Avengers villains rumored to be the Skrulls

I already read the ultimates graphic novel and it's great, avengers reunion for a true threat is better than reusing a villain.

I don't want it to be The Avengers vs a Massive army.

I want it to be far more intricate than that. I'd much rather one brand new big bad guy who is using things from previous films to manipulate stuff for a goal revealed at the end. Possibly using big armies as diversions.

It should be Loki giving HYDRA access to the Infinity Gauntlet, with a Justin Hammer-funded Titanium Man and the Abomination as henchmen.

This rumours get me more excited for this movie yet.

It can be so EPIC!

this has the potential to be the most epic superhero movie of the whole history.

and it would be the first SH movie to featture an alien race, right?

I cant wait to see Thor, Ironman, Hulk and co. fighting aliens.

I think the infiltration already happened and in Avengers it would be a full on invasion. I dont want to see all the defeated enemies from the past movies because then it becomes split up and fight your enemy and I'd rather see the Avengers fight as a team.
Can they build up any tension if a hero is fighting someone has already beaten?
"I wonder if Thor can beat Loki?"
"Uh Yeah..we saw that in the Thor movie"

It would be excellent if Skrulls actually are already within the ranks on Earth, and Avengers flashes back to moments in all of the past movies where we find out that some of the characters were actually skrulls.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i don't know
I kinda liked Coulson, i don't want to see him die so soon, would it make sence? Of course

Coulson is Captain Mahr Vell. He's hear helping Fury build a team to take on the Skrulls.

A full Skrull invasion just sounds so awesome.

I don't want it to be The Avengers vs a Massive army.

I want it to be far more intricate than that. I'd much rather one brand new big bad guy who is using things from previous films to manipulate stuff for a goal revealed at the end. Possibly using big armies as diversions.

We're not saying that's all we want, we're just saying that it's necessary for the scale of the film. It would be nice if it's revealed to be a part of a much larger plan at the end, but I'll be satisfied even if it's not.

Given that it's somewhat of a unsure thing that Robert will reprise his role as Tony by the time the sequel to the Avengers comes around, i would say just go into the Avengers with Chris Nolan's mentality, meaning...

Do as much as you reasonably can with the mindset that this is your one and only opportunity to get things right.

Do we honestly want to risk on not having all of our core Avengers there when they do go up against an Invasion? I would rather have the likes of RDJ present in a film where they go up against large ass threat that doesn't involve a "singular/duo" foe.

Plus, isn't it like a common theme for franchises such as these for the heroes to first go up against an external threat before the franchise starts focusing on problems within the hero's core group/internal issues?

Given that it's somewhat of a unsure thing that Robert will reprise his role as Tony by the time the sequel to the Avengers comes around, i would say just go into the Avengers with Chris Nolan's mentality, meaning...

Do as much as you reasonably can with the mindset that this is your one and only opportunity to get things right.

Do we honestly want to risk on not having all of our core Avengers there when they do go up against an Invasion? I would rather have the likes of RDJ present in a film where they go up against large ass threat that doesn't involve a "singular/duo" foe.

Plus, isn't it like a common theme for franchises such as these for the heroes to first go up against an external threat before the franchise starts focusing on problems within the hero's core group/internal issues?

You can't avoid the struggles of the group in this film. Plus, you'd miss out on great story telling.

You can't avoid the struggles of the group in this film. Plus, you'd miss out on great story telling.

I'm not saying that the first film should avoid it. Obviously, the part where each avenger member learning to co exist in the same group despite the MAJOR difference in their personalities IS something that SHOULD, and most likely WILL be covered in the first film.

It's the dynamics of how they learn to coexist and function as a true cohesive group that will be ONE of the MAJOR appealing factors for the film.

Now be that as it may, my point/argument was that I'm been an advocate against the villains of the film being simply Loki and a controlled hulk. Why?

1. I'm not totally familiar with the comics, but how many interesting dynamics and twist could you do with Loki and a controlled Hulk being the villains for the Entire film alone?

2. What would be the point of including Black Widow and Hawkeye against the likes of Hulk and Loki?

3. This film is the only one that it's a guaranteed thing that we'll have RDJ portraying Iron Man. Do you really want to risk the chance of not having him in the sequel if that's the film where the Avengers has to go up against an invasion?

4. Bringing in an armada of Skrulls allows each of the confirmed avengers to actively participate in the struggles against the villainous group.

5. From a story telling point of view and imho, it would be better to introduce a larger than life threat that the audience hasn't been exposed to in any of the previous films. Bringing in Loki as the main villain that works behind the scenes on introducing a new breed of villains is the smart way to go imho since you have a familiar factor used wisely in bringing in a new element into the mix.

6. I would honestly prefer seeing the Hulk act more in a heroic role than villainous one, especially after he was the one chased throughout most of the events of TIH.

I'm not saying that the first film should avoid it. Obviously, the part where each avenger member learning to co exist in the same group despite the MAJOR difference in their personalities IS something that SHOULD, and most likely WILL be covered in the first film.

It's the dynamics of how they learn to coexist and function as a true cohesive group that will be ONE of the MAJOR appealing factors for the film.

Now be that as it may, my point/argument was that I'm been an advocate against the villains of the film being simply Loki and a controlled hulk. Why?

1. I'm not totally familiar with the comics, but how many interesting dynamics and twist could you do with Loki and a controlled Hulk being the villains for the Entire film alone?

2. What would be the point of including Black Widow and Hawkeye against the likes of Hulk and Loki?

3. This film is the only one that it's a guaranteed thing that we'll have RDJ portraying Iron Man. Do you really want to risk the chance of not having him in the sequel if that's the film where the Avengers has to go up against an invasion?

4. Bringing in an armada of Skrulls allows each of the confirmed avengers to actively participate in the struggles against the villainous group.

5. From a story telling point of view and imho, it would be better to introduce a larger than life threat that the audience hasn't been exposed to in any of the previous films. Bringing in Loki as the main villain that works behind the scenes on introducing a new breed of villains is the smart way to go imho since you have a familiar factor used wisely in bringing in a new element into the mix.

6. I would honestly prefer seeing the Hulk act more in a heroic role than villainous one, especially after he was the one chased throughout most of the events of TIH.

This.

xInfinity

I was hoping for Thanos after the tease with the Infinity Gauntlet.

But an alien invasion movie, but featuring superheroes does sound like all kinds of awesome, on paper at least. The film needs to be like LOTR in length though.

Honestly, the only route to go is for like the first third or half of the movie, make Hulk just this entity that they feel they have to take down, not even really caring about him anymore than just "he's a monster." Then, when they finally start coming to blows, have someone like Cap suddenly notice that he does something somewhat heroic, like involuntarily saving a bystander from collateral damage or whatever. Then just go from there, as Fury still wants to take him out, but the Avengers decide against it.

If they do have Skrulls as the villains i can see it now..

people going to have "The real Nick Fury was replaced by a Skrull" theory in hopes of them getting a 616 Fury. lol

That doesn't make any sense... a Skrull who took his identity would have taken on his exact appearance.

I know, but thats the kinda crazy crap we will get.

I agree with this as well :up:

Hulk will start out as a menace that the Avengers will have to go after, he'll end up helping them before its all said and done though. Especially after they figure out that he's not just a monster.

IMO anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"