Avengers vs. X-Men: 2012 Event - Part 3

This was definitely the best one-off page from the last AvsX:

vszone016.jpg

Hawkeye is like us in a lot of ways.

haha I saw that. So Clint is dating Jessica?

It depends on what book you're reading. In one he's banging Spider-Woman, in another he's hooking up with Black Widow and in the others the writers don't give a crap about what Bendis is doing.

I liked the one-page scene from Vs #6 where we learned Pixie and Squirrel Girl caused the whole Avengers vs. X-Men event by accidentally playing with a bunch of Puppet Master's toys of the heroes. I thought that was priceless! :D

And I also liked the Iceman/Iron Fist fight in that issue. Honestly, if it were $3 instead of $4 I might have bought it for those two alone. I didn't read the Hope/Wanda fight since I didn't know if it'd ruine AvX #12 but it looked like it was pretty good.

Oh, and Havok beat Cap :D

I liked the one-page scene from Vs #6 where we learned Pixie and Squirrel Girl caused the whole Avengers vs. X-Men event by accidentally playing with a bunch of Puppet Master's toys of the heroes. I thought that was priceless! :D

And I also liked the Iceman/Iron Fist fight in that issue. Honestly, if it were $3 instead of $4 I might have bought it for those two alone. I didn't read the Hope/Wanda fight since I didn't know if it'd ruine AvX #12 but it looked like it was pretty good.

Oh, and Havok beat Cap :D

I didn't get the Havok vs Cap page, what was that about?

It depends on what book you're reading. In one he's banging Spider-Woman, in another he's hooking up with Black Widow and in the others the writers don't give a crap about what Bendis is doing.

Well anything that's going on with Black Widow has to be flirting at best because it's been very clear for years now that Natasha is with Bucky. Anything else has to be chalked up to the writer not keeping current and harping on their past relationship and their reputations.

What happened with Mockingbird? I thought they were remarried with their series that ran a while back. And I always wondered which couple came first: Hawkeye and Mockingbird, or Green Arrow and Black Canary?

Hawkeye and Mockingbird are separated again since Jim McCann's series. As for them and Green Arrow and Canary, I think they started dating at almost the same time.

I can't tell you how angry I was when I saw that Hawkeye and Natasha hooked up in that silly movie comic :o I still can't figure out if it's set in the 616 universe.
For me it's always going to be Mockingbird x Hawkeye and Natasha x Bucky.

I agree 100%. I'd probably be into the Clint/Spider-Woman pairing if there was some substance to it instead of them acting like a couple of teenagers.

Havok beat Cap (which is something that normally wouldnt have happened) solely bc the X-editors created that scene
Yeah, as soon as I read that scene where it said "*Because the X-Office put this book together," was basically when I just shook my head and accepted this arc for what it is: X-Men fan wank.

Yeah, as soon as I read that scene where it said "*Because the X-Office put this book together," was basically when I just shook my head and accepted this arc for what it is: X-Men fan wank.

What, this story has dumped all over the X-Men...

What, this story has dumped all over the X-Men...

I'm about to ask you the same question you asked me after my other post. In the versus battles most winners were X-Men. The plot all had to do with crap in the X-Men story. The Avengers were all painted to be helpless except Scarlet Witch, who is Magneto's freaking daughter (And even in that case she lost to Hope in the VS comics with a sucker punch). I mean really, the Avengers could have been replaced by any super team in the Marvel U and it wouldn't have mattered, because ultimately they seemed more like a plot device to take down X-Men gone bad than anything else. The only thing that makes this significant to the Avengers is they want to put more X-Men story in the Avengers, that and maybe Black Panther gets to do the "Wait a tick, I'm single!" dance from Austin Powers 2. Contrast with the X-Men story where this changed EVERYTHING for them.

At the end of the day this was an X-Men comic disguised as a crossover. This wasn't Avengers vs X-Men. This was Dark Phoenix Redux.

Last edited:
for real. The Avengers are the ones that ended up the ultimate winners here
The Avengers got their asses kicked for like 2/3rds of the event, though. I'm not disputing that they ultimately came out ahead, what with Cyclops' being a jailed terrorist and Xavier dead (again), but they paid for it in the earlier parts of the event.

The Avengers got their asses kicked for like 2/3rds of the event, though. I'm not disputing that they ultimately came out ahead, what with Cyclops' being a jailed terrorist and Xavier dead (again), but they paid for it in the earlier parts of the event.
Most of those X-wins were bc they were powered up by the Phoenix Force, which doesnt really say much for their own abilities without a cosmic source on their side. I dont really feel the X-men are better off now with this thing over. Their line seems to be in shambles, with several now being integrated into the Avengers.

Most of those X-wins were bc they were powered up by the Phoenix Force, which doesnt really say much for their own abilities without a cosmic source on their side. I dont really feel the X-men are better off now with this thing over. Their line seems to be in shambles, with several now being integrated into the Avengers.
In the context of the story, yeah life sucks for the X-Men. They paid the price. Even if/when they bring back Professor X yet again and Cyclops inevitably gets out of jail, I doubt that Cyclops and he will be able to just kiss and make up instantly (Then again, with the writing in this event, I guess that much wouldn't be impossible.>_>) Cyclops also stabbed Emma Frost in the back, so I doubt that will go unnoticed. The X-Men have basically destroyed their image as what people look to for seeing that mutants are a good thing. Sentinels enter stage right.

Outside of the context of the story, it's impact mostly effected the X-Men, basically making it so their story is likely heading in the direction of them being the heroes that society fears again while being able to be there and take in the oppressed and misunderstood mutants, all the while making the Avengers look like a bunch of half-witted wimps, lolPhoenix powers or not. I mean, pan back to Cap vs Havok. -_-

As far as the Avengers go, what their story gets is having been beat up to crap and more X-Men.

In the context of the story, yeah life sucks for the X-Men. They paid the price. Even if/when they bring back Professor X yet again and Cyclops inevitably gets out of jail, I doubt that Cyclops and he will be able to just kiss and make up instantly

Hell, Scott and Charles never made up from their last fight. Scott's been pissed ever since finding out about Danger, and it only got worse when he discovered the Gabriel Summers thing. That was back in what? 2006? 2007? As it was, it was all Scott could do to stop himself from shooting Charles in the face. If Chuck comes back from this one, Scott will still say Charles brought it on himself. Because Scott is a remorseless a-hole now, apparently.

Didnt they somewhat make peace in that issue of Legacy where Scott guest appeared with Emma when the book was about Charles? I thought they seemed to be alright by the end of that more or less. Not back to their previous relationship, but I thought Scott stopped actively hating him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"