The Mandalorian Back to work: Giancarlo Esposito as ????

Deck Rickard

Lord of Frenzied Flame
Reaction score
I had no idea that Gus Fring was a part of this show! My expectations were already sky high but they just went through the roof. I hope he’s the big bad. What do y’all think?

Last edited:
I had no idea that Gus Fring was a part of this show! My friend expectations were already sky high but they just went through the roof. I hope he’s the big bad. What do y’all think?
LOL! I'll still always know him as Buggin Out,

As to him being the main "bad"? I certainly think so.
Herzog, (although flanked by dirty spent troopers) I'm guessing his role plays out once he gives the Mando the mission, his time is up.
While the more legit, and extreme Imperial holdout, actually hunting down the Mando (and company) , appears to be Esposito's character.
Who is flanked by Death Troopers, commands the Flame-Trooper (name?) and still flies a TIE.
Looks like Esposito will be that part of the Empire that does not want to die, and will be pursuing the Mando and whatever they are after, (burning as he goes), throughout the series.

Last edited:
LOL! I'll still always know him as Buggin Out,

As to him being the main "bad"? I certainly think so.
Herzog, (although flanked by dirty spent troopers) I'm guessing his role plays out once he gives the Mando the mission, his time is up.
While the more legit, and extreme Imperial holdout, actually hunting down the Mando (and company) , appears to be Esposito's character.
Who is flanked by Death Troopers, commands the Flame-Trooper (name?) and still flies a TIE.
Looks like Esposito will be that part of the Empire that does not want to die, and will be pursuing the Mando and whatever they are after, (burning as he goes), throughout the series.

That all sounds pretty sweet. Giancarlo is at his best when he’s playing bad.

I see them doing the Empire like the Japanese Soldiers in WW2 that were left on islands after surrender, and used the arms/ soldiers to hold the island like a warlord. Or like Confederates that went out West after the Civil War, and built towns but had that southern confederate mindset

MODS TAKE NOTE:

Giancarlo Esposito's character is officially named. He is Mof Gideon!

What an entrance...

3jur8t.gif

3jurjw.gif

Easily one of the most boss ****ing intros ever lol. I loved every minute of his brief appearance as well as all of his Stormtrooper army rolling up like a bunch of badasses.

I like that Gideon's forces are all have clean armor, as opposed to Werner Herzog's troopers.

His TIE is interesting. I am seeing comparisons of his look to the Inquisitors, which is... intriguing.

LOL family portrait time, @ 59:02
Giancarlo jokingly celebrating in character, - gonna kill that Yoby! craking everyone up, Pure joy Love him!

Or @ 1:02

Hope he's backs S3 fomenting distrust and chaos between the Mando clans.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"