Bad Song. Awesome Video.

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
There's people in the music biz who are happy that the music video was invented while others who hate that it didn't exist (or wasn't popular) during their prime. A bad song can be saved by a good music video. No, the music video doesn't make the song better (although that has happened) but atleast now you'll associate that song with something good. Which is better than nothing.

So, what are some bad songs that were lucky enough to get good music videos?

I think Britney Spears is a good example of someone whose songs were saved by good videos. I mean, come on, how can you hate her videos? Especially the ones she made during her, um, physical prime. And, the amusing thing about her videos is that even after all these years you find something interesting about it. Like the fact that Vincent Chase is in the Drive Me Crazy video!

I can't think of any at the moment, but--in my opinion--the video for Green Day's "21 Guns" is vastly inferior to the song.

Shoot me for this, but I have to say the video for Black or White by Michael Jackson is better then the song.

There I said it.

Shoot me for this, but I have to say the video for Black or White by Michael Jackson is better then the song.

There I said it.

That's a case of both the song and video being good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oePbki6rg-Y

This is the definitive "Bad Song, Awesome Video" video. I would argue that it's both one of the worst songs ever made, and one of the best videos ever made. You can go ahead and close the thread now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"