• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just hoping they cover The Court of Owls. They've been an interesting addition to the Batman mythos, and could certainly serve as a nice "behind the scenes" puppet master for a story.

I think I'd even be down for more Ra's. I'm hoping they'll give the Joker a rest, atleast one game. Maybe keep him as a prequel villain, if they do another 'Origins' game.
they could have done that with the assassin's in origins other wise it's kinda revisiting the same territory now that events happened. The talon's of the court of owls and the court themselves are assassin's after all. and it would have been better then having killer crock on a list he doesn't fit into well at all.

Last edited:
I'd hate to see the Court of Owls, unless it were the pre-Talon ones. One of the saddest things about reading that arc was the devolution from an awesomely creepy aristocratic secret society to yet another flimsy take on the Anti-Batman concept.

How many do we have now? Let's see:
Joker
Hush
Wrath
Dr. Hurt
Prometheus
Me (since I have two parents still alive and am out of money)
Owlman
Talon
Catman
Killer Moth
Black Mask
Bane

All set up to be contrasts/parallels to Batman that would be the anti-Batman. Most of them garbage, unless revelling in silliness (Killer Moth), being the first (Joker), or developed into an interesting character beyond Gotham (Bane in Secret Six).

Dr. Hurt is probably one of the most evil characters to come out of the Batman comics in a long time. I hope they utilize him in some form in one of these games.

Dr. Hurt is probably one of the most evil characters to come out of the Batman comics in a long time. I hope they utilize him in some form in one of these games.

Dr. Hurt was a whingy moron who Morrison wrote as a deconstruction of the anti-Batman concept. Seriously, his whole shtick was in being a bored rich bond villain who Batman and the Joker recognised as utterly beneath them. Why on earth Batman fans have somehow run with the perception that Hurt was some deep and threatening villain when Morrison wrote him as a wannabe parody of Hush is beyond me. His existence was quite literally giving long speeches on how clever and totally awesome he is guys Batman is so defeated let's bury him in a shallow grave and trust the Joker as a servant cause we're buddies now - his entire thematic role was Morrison mocking the nature of writers to keep introducing their pet villains who are in the end largely derivative. This is the guy who was undone by slipping on a banana peel after all.

And yet people still put him on their 'Best Batman Villains' list for God-know-why reasons, even though he's as well-developed a character as a piece of lint and as three-dimensional as a cardboard sheet run over by an eighteen wheeler and chucked into a black hole.

Dr. Hurt was a whingy moron who Morrison wrote as a deconstruction of the anti-Batman concept. Seriously, his whole shtick was in being a bored rich bond villain who Batman and the Joker recognised as utterly beneath them. Why on earth Batman fans have somehow run with the perception that Hurt was some deep and threatening villain when Morrison wrote him as a wannabe parody of Hush is beyond me. His existence was quite literally giving long speeches on how clever and totally awesome he is guys Batman is so defeated let's bury him in a shallow grave and trust the Joker as a servant cause we're buddies now - his entire thematic role was Morrison mocking the nature of writers to keep introducing their pet villains who are in the end largely derivative. This is the guy who was undone by slipping on a banana peel after all.
:hehe:
His story bored me so much starting with R.I.P I stopped caring when I see the name Grant Morrison on a Batman comic
I don't like Dr. Hurt either

:hehe:
His story bored me so much starting with R.I.P I stopped caring when I see the name Grant Morrison on a Batman comic
I don't like Dr. Hurt either

Morrison has a long history of writing pathetic villains. In a good way, that is. That is to say, he often writes villains who outwardly seem competent and evil (though Morrison is pretty tosh at subtlety at times, so it's more like EEVUURRLL!!) but are ultimately revealed to be pathetic pretenders. It's a good take, and it is one I wish more people applied to the Joker, who at the end of the day is simply a weak man who retreated into sanity rather than overcome whatever caused him to snap, but he does overdo it. But Dr. Hurt, despite being written in the most hammy, over-the-top, bond-villainesque way, so much so that I cannot think of a single appearance of his when he didn't give some gigantuan speech over how totally awesome the Black Glove is and we've definitely broken the Bat this time guys and have you met the Joker cause we're totally BFFs now.

But because he wasn't just evil, but EBIL!!, some fans have evidently given the most shallow reading possible of a layered, though I would argue deeply flawed and failed, story, and concluded that Hurt was a terrific villain. Rather than, you know, just a rich lout who thought he could play with the big boys.

So much wrong in one thread, it'd funny if it weren't so pathetic. Hell, I'll laugh anyway

479px-Joker_laughing.gif

And yet people still put him on their 'Best Batman Villains' list for God-know-why reasons, even though he's as well-developed a character as a piece of lint and as three-dimensional as a cardboard sheet run over by an eighteen wheeler and chucked into a black hole.

C'mon man, time to quit the booze.

I kind of hope it's not the same art style as city.. I'd much prefer a look closer to Origin. I know.. He was younger then.. But still.

I really wish that they'd make the step into Justice League territory for the next one. If we're potentially going to get a new one every year, new characters would be an easy way to freshen it up.

Does anyone want them to bring Riddler back in?

I hope for little to no Joker if possible
And Arkham thing should be over by now, they should move on to something different, move forward

I would prefer they not venture into the Justice League territory. Make it a separate game, don't a force square peg into a round hole. As for the Riddler, I'd welcome his return. I've always enjoyed the side missions, esp. that in Arkham City, with the Saw inspired traps. Maybe a Minotaur and maze in the next one? :p

I'd very much be interested with the series going into JL territory,Would love to see what Rocksteady would do with other big heroes such as Supes

they could have done that with the assassin's in origins other wise it's kinda revisiting the same territory now that events happened. The talon's of the court of owls and the court themselves are assassin's after all. and it would have been better then having killer crock on a list he doesn't fit into well at all.

I don't know, Talon is an assassin (and really, the whole order seems like Assassin's Creed to me), but he's not on the market. At all. So, he wouldn't have been on the menu because he's not for sale.

And even though The Court appears in the New 52 in the first issues, Batman is far from being a rookie. Robin, Red Robin, Nightwing, and Batgirl have been around a while by the time they make their presence known, so I think it taking place in a Gotham City that has had Batman for more than a decade in-game fits with the version in the comics.

I'd hate to see the Court of Owls, unless it were the pre-Talon ones. One of the saddest things about reading that arc was the devolution from an awesomely creepy aristocratic secret society to yet another flimsy take on the Anti-Batman concept.

I thought it worked very well.

Until the end, that is. I thought the rather supernatural stuff about the Talons didn't work for me. I don't care how much pseudo-science was used to justify it, it felt like too much to buy into for me. As long as they cut that out, I think I'd be happy with their inclusion.

So much wrong in one thread, it'd funny if it weren't so pathetic. Hell, I'll laugh anyway

479px-Joker_laughing.gif

Man, I love that scene. :yay:

I don't know, Talon is an assassin (and really, the whole order seems like Assassin's Creed to me), but he's not on the market. At all. So, he wouldn't have been on the menu because he's not for sale.

And even though The Court appears in the New 52 in the first issues, Batman is far from being a rookie. Robin, Red Robin, Nightwing, and Batgirl have been around a while by the time they make their presence known, so I think it taking place in a Gotham City that has had Batman for more than a decade in-game fits with the version in the comics.

I thought it worked very well.

Until the end, that is. I thought the rather supernatural stuff about the Talons didn't work for me. I don't care how much pseudo-science was used to justify it, it felt like too much to buy into for me. As long as they cut that out, I think I'd be happy with their inclusion.

Man, I love that scene. :yay:
yeah thats true but and lets look at this properly, Ok. Deathstorke first meeting of the the batman family was actually with Dick grayson he main arch enemy when he was titan and was transitioning from robin to Nightwing, the point is he met death stroke first and this game series skips that and people don't seem have an issue to it so far, all for the excuse just to have Death stroke there. and then there's hush and the man that replaced bat man when his back was broken by bane before Night wing took it back for bruce. which is all out of order too in this game series , on when he met these three other characters . if people can over look those three and when they actually encountered Bat man /Bruce in the Arkham universe then it shouldn't a problem for the court of owls ether.

that bein said one of the Talons was related to dick/ Nightwing kinda like how the immortal villain Vandale savage is related to Roy harper/arsenal AKA Red Arrow .

Just do it through that and have young Bruce have a run in with that relative of dick's /nightwing's that was a part of the court as a for shadowing and it might be some what doable. it's is the Arkham verse and they can set it time wise when ever they want. and they could always be even more secretive then that of Ra's LOS. but still be competing with his league of shadows too. bat had a run in with them via that relative of night wings, but he didn't find out what organization he a was apart of til present day.

Last edited:
The Court of Owls is just a poor man's Black Glove, mixed with a poor man's Assassin's League. If it's to be adapted I'd rather see a radical overhaul on the idea.

Court of Owls could be the type of storyline that would make Gotham "burn."

Remember, Azreal said that Gotham was going to burn.

Court of Owls could be the type of storyline that would make Gotham "burn."

Remember, Azreal said that Gotham was going to burn.

Assassin's burning Gotham that's Ra's territory. I can see Ra's coming back from the dead via the Lazarus pit's, saying "I Smell law suit." If he were able to show up in a court of law that is .

C'mon man, time to quit the booze.
The topic of the Black Glove only riles me up because of how many people seem to miss the point Morrison was making. Like watching The Green Mile and thinking that the guy who steps on the rat is a total badarse.

The Court of Owls is just a poor man's Black Glove, mixed with a poor man's Assassin's League. If it's to be adapted I'd rather see a radical overhaul on the idea.

The Court of Owls was a poor man's Black Glove, which was an even poorer man's League of Assassins.

Perhaps you could state exactly what you feel is wrong?

Last edited:
Poor man's Black Glove or not, I think there's stuff that's interesting enough to put into the next game. Talon is also a visually interesting character that could be good to see onscreen.

Seeing Batman trapped in that maze could be something crazy to see, too.

I'd be amazed if it's Scarecrow who makes Gotham burn.

His tease in the boat hinted that he has something BIG planned.

Poor man's Black Glove or not, I think there's stuff that's interesting enough to put into the next game. Talon is also a visually interesting character that could be good to see onscreen.

Seeing Batman trapped in that maze could be something crazy to see, too.
like I said up top the best way to do it would be through Batman: Ao or one of it's sequels to it and they can do what they did with Death stroke too.

Seriously Death stroke wasn't supposed to meet bat man this early and his way in was through Nightwing via the titans, but cause they really wanted to just throw death stroke in this they just did it . They can do the same with the court of owls with that same reasoning as I said up top. as a for shadowing using that distant ancestor /relative of Dick grayson that batman fought that was apart of the court of owls .

It will also be part of the reason batman would want to train Dick as a force for good too against them starting the beginnings of his own crime fight organization before he joined the justice league. it was Batman that was the most experienced in team crime fighting in the JL as they pushed it after all , in most of the comic iteration's.

Especially since time periods are meaning less to when you first meet any enemy in the comic's in the Arkham verse. he can meet them as early or as late as they want.

Last edited:
The Court of Owls was a poor man's Black Glove, which was an even poorer man's League of Assassins.

The Black Glove at least has the advantage of being at least moderately different. The Court just took the leader of the Black Glove and put him in charge of the Assassin's.

Perhaps you could state exactly what you feel is wrong?

Your opinion. I don't just disagree. It's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"