• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's showing the gameplay?

It'll be from DC all Access youtube most likely via face book and twitter from the Arkham pages there. and other gamer news sites will put them as well. one of us that been fallowing these games alot will post it up here any way. so you won't miss a thing.

Last edited:
So glad to see this is next-gen only. Hopefully we can stop with this cross-gen BS soon.

I don't really think the batmobile looks like the batmobile.

Ugh :doh::whatever: read what soapy said below.

What does "The Batmobile" even look like? As if there's some singular, "canon" version of it. There have been so many different designs over the years, I don't see how anyone can say that it doesn't look like "The Batmobile" because there is no "The Batmobile." This is just one more design to toss onto the pile of other, different designs.

e40.gif

Yessssss, this exactly. Thank you sir!

So glad to see this is next-gen only. Hopefully we can stop with this cross-gen BS soon.

tumblr_m7o7imZlUo1qakh43o3_500.gif

Damn. I have to buy a Next-Gen console now.

I love that Batman's been slimmed down a little, and his shoulders look much better. I love Bat-Armour, but I wish it wasn't metallic, and I don't like the length of the ears (or the shape, I guess).

Other than that... This truly looks like the ultimate Batman game we always wanted. I'm ecstatic.

I you could choose a cameo of anyone in the JL, who would you choose? I'd choose Hal or Ollie.

Superman would have to be invincible MOST of the time and I'm not sure how much fun that would after awhile. It won't ever happen.
Make him a fleischer like superman power wise and make him vulnerable to some things like gases and smoke, and make him much stronger than a man but not wayyyy stronger than a very powerful robot.

As long as the stories' good and the flying is fun I'm in. Combats a tough nut to crack but I imagine you can do some fun stuff with countering and attacks even with his super strength and do a gta v like slomo for quicker reactions for fighting and flying.

I you could choose a cameo of anyone in the JL, who would you choose? I'd choose Hal or Ollie.

For Rocksteady to do a game for? Superman. That's right, I don't care what they say. :woot:

Other than him, Hal, then Flash.

This looks amazing! I wonder if 'Arkham Knight' really is a new character, or turns out to be the Joker or someone.

It's a shame it's Rocksteady's last Batman game. If that's the case I would have liked for them to tackle some new villains like Professor Pyg, the Court of Owls, Doctor Hurt, etc.

Funny that they've gone to armor when Batfleck is rumored to have a fabric costume.

Edit: Oh and I would love a Superman boss battle. TDKR/Hush style. That would be amazing.

i remember a rumor awhile back that Rocksteady was working on a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game

would LOVE to see that happen after Arkham Knight

This looks amazing! I wonder if 'Arkham Knight' really is a new character, or turns out to be the Joker or someone.

It's probably Hush. I really hope Joker does not appear in any capacity.

And now comes the big question: are Robin and Nightwing in this game?

Also, you know who this guy reminds me of?
Looks like a tough dude...

sct089.jpg
This guy:
RCilJD2.jpg

So, I wonder...could we get the League of Assassins coming back, with a new spin on Damian Wayne?

It's a shame it's Rocksteady's last Batman game. If that's the case I would have liked for them to tackle some new villains like Professor Pyg, the Court of Owls, Doctor Hurt, etc.

Funny that they've gone to armor when Batfleck is rumored to have a fabric costume.

Edit: Oh and I would love a Superman boss battle. TDKR/Hush style. That would be amazing.

Why the hell would there be a superman boss battle in this game? :doh:

And now comes the big question: are Robin and Nightwing in this game?

Also, you know who this guy reminds me of?

This guy:
RCilJD2.jpg

So, I wonder...could we get the League of Assassins coming back, with a new spin on Damian Wayne?

Possibly. My bets are on Arkham Knight being either
Jason or Hush.

For Rocksteady to do a game for? Superman. That's right, I don't care what they say. :woot:

Other than him, Hal, then Flash.

If Superman showed up, I'd go nuts. Especially if he's in something like the MOS suit.

Why the hell would there be a superman boss battle in this game? :doh:
I dunno, maybe use your imagination man. Mind control, differing political views, anything.

Arguably Batman's most iconic fight in the comics was against Superman. It would be awesome to see Rocksteady's take on it, and play Batman taking on a god. Plus I'd love to see how Rocksteady would render Superman.

I'm rather disappointed by the trailer actually. The GameInformer stuff sounds better, but the trailer itself reinforces some things I found annoying about previous Rocksteady games or Batman media - the complete ignoring of Martha Wayne in favour of the tired out 'only a son can have an impact upon a boy' thread, the complete emptiness of the city once again, and of course, Two-Face, one of the most nuanced, layered and morally grey adversaries of Batman is once again reduced to a crazy bloke firingan automatic in the air. Oh, and Rocksteady seems once again incapable of just doing the bloomin' Harley costume in favour of fetishising everything.

I'm sure the game with be fantastic, as the previous ones were. However, in many ways it looks like the flaws of Rocksteady will continue. I hope Montreal does another one, since Origins features much better character designs, character faithfulness, and better plot.

That all said, I am very much anticipating the product.

EDIT: Also another freakin' plot that only kicks off because of Batman? Jees louise Rocksteady, what is this, three for three now? Four if we count Origins, though at least Joker was going to do his thing in that game anyway.

I'm rather disappointed by the trailer actually. The GameInformer stuff sounds better, but the trailer itself reinforces some things I found annoying about previous Rocksteady games or Batman media - the complete ignoring of Martha Wayne in favour of the tired out 'only a son can have an impact upon a boy' thread, the complete emptiness of the city once again, and of course, Two-Face, one of the most nuanced, layered and morally grey adversaries of Batman is once again reduced to a crazy bloke firingan automatic in the air. Oh, and Rocksteady seems once again incapable of just doing the bloomin' Harley costume in favour of fetishising everything.

The dialogue was bordering on cheesy. Felt directly lifted from Man of Steel.

I dunno, maybe use your imagination man. Mind control, differing political views, anything.

Arguably Batman's most iconic fight in the comics was against Superman. It would be awesome to see Rocksteady's take on it, and play Batman taking on a god. Plus I'd love to see how Rocksteady would render Superman.

:whatever: oh god you superman people don't quit. He's not getting his own game by rocksteady and he's not gonna be a boss fight in this game.

Is it possible the Arkham Knight is fake and Bruce Wayne is just going nuts and it's just part of Scarecrow's plan or fear toxin?

The dialogue was bordering on cheesy. Felt directly lifted from Man of Steel.
Ah yes, Man of Steel, a movie so dedicated to the 'Superheroes ONLY learn from their fathers' ideal that it:
- Gave him two dads.
- Gave them both massive attention to the detriment of their wives.
- Killed off both of them.
- Killed of one of them twice, just for extra tragedy.
- Gave one of their wives like two seconds of dialogue and NO FREAKIN' HOLOGRAM GEEZ WHAT A GREAT HUSBAND YOU ARE JOR-EL!

But still, Ma Kent got a bit of focus, so Snyder is still better than 'My wife/girlfriend/fiance/random woman I just met' is dead and that's my motivation' Chris Nolan, so there's that. But that's like claiming your fit because you can outrun a tub of lard.

It was horrible dialogue indeed, and Thomas Wayne sounding like a migrant German supervillain didn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"