Batman Begins Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Micromind

Avenger
Reaction score
What is the bset superhero origin movie ever ? Vote and discuss.

I prefer Batman Begins and it may even be the best Batman movie so far (Better than TDK.)

STM is still the best for me.

BB was a good promise which was only fulfilled in TDK, but as it is, it's filled with bad dialogue and well.... you barely get to see the main character on screen. I prefer it to SM1 though, and even when I like Iron Man more than BB, I don't as an origin movie.

This is a fair poll.

Batman Begins, but as a Batman fan, I suppose it's an unfair biased.

It's a toss-up between Batman Begins and Superman. On the one hand, Begins humanizes its protagonist and compacts his origin in a way no other film has, but on the other, Superman essentially invented the template for the superhero movie, which everyone has borrowed from, including Nolan.

Iron Man>Superman: The Movie>Captain America:The First Avenger>Batman Begins>Thor>Spider-man

It's a toss-up between Batman Begins and Superman. On the one hand, Begins humanizes its protagonist and compacts his origin in a way no other film has, but on the other, Superman essentially invented the template for the superhero movie, which everyone has borrowed from, including Nolan.

Agree with ihis.

I never liked Superman: The Movie myself.

While a lot of elements of the film were great (plot, acting, etc.), there was just too many elements that fell flat. Gene Hackman's wonderfully campy Lex Luthor was consistently overshadowed by Ned Beatty's overly campy Otis, and as a result, the lack of a legitimately threatening villain hurt the overall film.

The damn cinematography bugged the hell out of me too. It's just so damn blurry and hazy.

While a lot of elements of the film were great (plot, acting, etc.), there was just too many elements that fell flat. Gene Hackman's wonderfully campy Lex Luthor was consistently overshadowed by Ned Beatty's overly campy Otis, and as a result, the lack of a legitimately threatening villain hurt the overall film.

The damn cinematography bugged the hell out of me too. It's just so damn blurry and hazy.

That might be true. What worked in the 70's might not age that well after 30+ years. But then again BB had some good share of problems. Scarecrow, while not a comedy type of villiain was tremendously downplayed and it ended up becoming a baffoon, being defeated in such a shameful unintentionally (?) funny way. And then you have some good share of dialogues that were almost amateurishly written.

Oh, I'm not comparing STM to BB. I'm just saying I'm not a big fan of STM period.

The single biggest thing that BB did wrong which keeps me from ranking it higher can be summed up simply as = Rachel Dawes. Not just going by them casting a not so good TV actress for the role, nor complaining about the need to invent a new character in the first place...those are bad enough but that the character they created turned out to be one of the most unlikable characters in ANY superhero movie(and for my money the absolute worst ingenue in a comic book movie to date)...I just can't see anything impacting my personal ranking of the film more. Sure, some shaky-cam stuff was annoying during fight scenes, etc. but that's paltry and minor stuff compared to this. It's a credit to the rest of the production that it's so strong that it manages to minimize the negative effect of this character's inclusion.

The single biggest thing that BB did wrong which keeps me from ranking it higher can be summed up simply as = Rachel Dawes. Not just going by them casting a not so good TV actress for the role, nor complaining about the need to invent a new character in the first place...those are bad enough but that the character they created turned out to be one of the most unlikable characters in ANY superhero movie(and for my money the absolute worst ingenue in a comic book movie to date)...I just can't see anything impacting my personal ranking of the film more. Sure, some shaky-cam stuff was annoying during fight scenes, etc. but that's paltry and minor stuff compared to this. It's a credit to the rest of the production that it's so strong that it manages to minimize the negative effect of this character's inclusion.

:up:

Exactly. Rachel was an epic fail there. Speechy and slappy.

The only problem I had with S:TM was the whole 'spinning the Earth backwards' bull****. It's possibly the biggest cop-out in film history. I wish they'd have left it in film #2 as originally planned. Then at least I wouldn't have any problems with the first film. It would have been just as bad in #2 but at least one film would've gotten away unscathed.

Ranking wise...

1. Captain America
2. Batman Begins
3. Iron Man
4. Spider-Man
5. Superman: The Movie

You know, I gotta see Capt. America. I've heard so many good comments in here and I have such a hunch that it's nothing special, that it makes me curious as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"