Battlestar Galactica The Movie!

Glad to see that this movie is still a thing. I'm curious how it will turn out.

I hope Muffit will be in the movie otherwise I won't watch.
Joking aside, I'm rather interested.

It can never be too many epic space films. I hope I will like this

Is it still based on the 1978 show or are they going with the new version instead?

Huh. Considering the talent, I'm guessing the approach will be fairly straight-faced. I wonder how they do that and differentiate from the Sci-Fi Channel (yeah, it was still spelled like that when BSG was on) show.

i like Francis he is by far one of the most improved filmmakers in recent memory

Huh. Considering the talent, I'm guessing the approach will be fairly straight-faced. I wonder how they do that and differentiate from the Sci-Fi Channel (yeah, it was still spelled like that when BSG was on) show.
My guess: they won't. They're gonna try to have their cake and eat it too - original characters/plot (meaning no skin jobs or gender-bent leads and adding the old characters that the newer version dropped), but with the tone much closer to BSG '04, just glossier.

All I want is the buddy relationship between Starbuck and Apollo and that they both be guys.

‘Battlestar Galactica’ Movie Sets ‘Westworld’s Lisa Joy To Write; Director Francis Lawrence Orbiting

EXCLUSIVE: The long awaited big screen transfer of the Glen Larson 1978 TV series is moving forward at Universal. Lisa Joy, who scripted and is exec producer on HBO’s series Westworld, is writing the script. Francis Lawrence is circling the movie to direct.

k3bYb0T.gif

Should be cool. Very underrated of the classic sci-fi shows.

I'd be all for a movie. The issue is that the 00s TV series casts a large shadow. It gave you this dark, very serious and adult sci-fi drama you didn't often get from sci-fi TV dramas at the time.

Also, Simon Kinberg doesn't instill a lot of faith.

I still think as a concept Battlestar Galactica is great and there's a ton you can do with it.I still love the classic Cylon designs.

Maybe the TV reboot will be that adult drama and the film will be more like the lighter original, the studio hedging its bets.

Never watched the more recent show but loved the old one as a kid, so this getting the movie treatment sounds great.

I thought Kinbergs direction for Dark Phoenix was actually pretty solid and showed potential. His writing though? Sucked and it always has.

I adore the re-imagining. It is one of my very top TV series ever. And while I'm still not sure if I want another version of it, I am looking forward to the Esmail show. While I couldn't be less excited for this movie. Or so I was saying before Kinberg was attached. Now I can.

Moore's BSG is a top 5 TV show ever.

Anything after it is almost destined to be a step down. I am sure Esmail's version will be pretty slick but I highly doubt the characters, drama, and philosophical dimension will be as potent as Moore's.

Kinberg's movie will be lucky to come off better than cold porridge.

I am thinking about this from the perspective of Universal not being very impressive right now. They need something else whether it's an established IP or original.

I know they are successful but I don't know I just have a low opinion of the studio maybe that's not fair?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"