Comics Beast's full potential

HandOfFate

Sidekick
Reaction score
Okay this is total speculation, plus I'm looking for something new to talk about.:)

Anyway, I was looking at a preview of X-Men Civil War and Beast was talking about having the hearing of a cat. This got me to thinking if Beast might have latent animal shape shifter abilities. Maybe the drug he took, which gave him his gorilla form and Sage’s gene manipulation, which gave him his cat form actually triggered two of his many dormant animal forms.

So…what if Beast’s full potential is to transform into humanoid animal?

Again total speculation on my part.

Well... somehow, that would actually fit his code name... of course, it would also mimic beast boy, which would be, in all honesty, not very cool to me personally...

If Beast acquired tendencies of a few more animals that would be pretty cool though...

His potion just put blue fur on his body. He had his gorilla form way before then. And his secondary mutation is simply a devolution.

It's an interesting concept but I doubt they would go that route with him. It really would completely kill the fundamentals of the character rather than add on in any way.

Chasers1984(2) said:
It's an interesting concept but I doubt they would go that route with him. It really would completely kill the fundamentals of the character rather than add on in any way.

To me, it really depends on how they write it.:)

A shape shifting beast would be pretty lame. As already stated above, it would just make a total rip off of Gar Logan (Beast Boy). I already think the whole devolution thing is taking it far enough. We don't need two Wolverine's running around. One beastly guy who can't decide if he is human or animal, is more than enough. Though I am fine with the current form of beast, because it is more suiting to his name. I mean, he has always been The Beast, but I remember when I read X-Factor as a child (back when Beast was still a hairless ape like the rest of hunanity), I would always wonder what made The Beast, such a "beast." Other than his gorilla preportions. Now however, being called The Beast, is probably an understatement, for poor Mr.Mcoy.

Chasers1984(2) said:
His potion just put blue fur on his body. He had his gorilla form way before then. And his secondary mutation is simply a devolution.

Not just the fur. It increased his strength, toughness, agility, reflexes, brain capacity, and gave him a powerful male pheromone.

Red Mask said:
Not just the fur. It increased his strength, toughness, agility, reflexes, brain capacity, and gave him a powerful male pheromone.
No wonder he was licking Psylocke...
Edit: Well that came out wrong

No, I meant women became strongly attracted to him. It happened when he and Wonder Man would go cruising for chicks.

Red Mask said:
No, I meant women became strongly attracted to him. It happened when he and Wonder Man would go cruising for chicks.

The good ole days.

I would have prefered he became more ape-like instead of catlike....there are already too many mutants with claws

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"