Believe

Sundays? It's on Monday, yesterday was Monday.

Anyway, I remember reading bad stuff about the first episode, and I'm not sure where it comes from. There are a few misses here & there, and the tone is surprising at times with Bo & Tate "joking" around, but it shows a lot of promise, Cuaron's style fits, Bo & Tate are promising characters, Sequoyah is great, and McLaughlin seems cool, great for him to have a leading role.

Now, what remains to be seen is the visual consistency in the next episodes, since it seems Cuaron doesn't have much to do with the rest of the show, and also how the story evolves since it seems the showrunner left early & was replaced.

I thought it was a decent premiere. The characters were promising. Hope the changes in showrunners doesn't end up screwing everything.

I liked it. It's pretty much FOX's Touch with a talkative special kid. I liked that Tate is just a normal guy thrown into an odd situation. No military training to hold his ground against some murderous well trained chick who took a needle to the ass. lol

NBC should cancel the Voice and leave it on Monday nights. That Sunday night time slot is already crowded.

Yes. It premiered last night as a "special premiere." It's regular night is Sunday from here on.

definitely was reminiscent of the second season of Touch... the characters of Bo is very likeable... the woman pursuing her is a pretty cold b**ch and Delroy Lindo is always a good thing... and I'm likin' Bo's guardian and father, Tate...

looks like Sundays is gonna be a really busy night for me with Walking Dead, Believe, Resurrection and Crisis...

I have to say... I really liked it. There was mystery all around, but I enjoyed the way it all went down.

That they had a very well done one on one fight between a man and a woman gives it bonus points in my book. Tate would seem to have some kind of martial arts training. That throwdown in the hospital looked like Tate was using a some very skilled martial arts moves. Maybe it's me, but it looked like he was using Wing Chun for sure. There could be, I repeat, COULD be more to him than we know so far.

Bo was an above average child character. The actress is quite good, though I would hope that the character learns from Tate that her inner goodness and idealism does have SOME limitations. I'm not saying he has to teach her that the world is a bad place and everybody is no good, but... wisdom is found in knowing and accepting the limits of things.

The behind the scenes scuttlebutt does worry me though. Here's hoping BLACKLIST and this are 2 shows on NBC I can watch now.

Anyone see the second episode? Was the lady assassin/mercenary only in the pilot or will she be back? I thought she was cool.

Yeah, she's out. She was supposed to be a regular, but they went in a different direction. (Probably when Mark Friedman left the show.)

Anyone see the second episode? Was the lady assassin/mercenary only in the pilot or will she be back? I thought she was cool.

that was Sienna Guillory and she's gone... she was replaced by the black merc, but I don't know if he's a permanent choice or not...

Believe suffered a massive drop following last week's premiere, dipping 48% to a 1.4 rating and 6.17 million viewers.

Yeah, she's out. She was supposed to be a regular, but they went in a different direction. (Probably when Mark Friedman left the show.)

That's too bad.

that was Sienna Guillory and she's gone... she was replaced by the black merc, but I don't know if he's a permanent choice or not...

They might do assassin of the week type deal. They seem to have a collection of them to choose from for each city.

Believe suffered a massive drop following last week's premiere, dipping 48% to a 1.4 rating and 6.17 million viewers.

Damn it. Terrible night and time slot. It has a highlight episode of the Voice as a lead in. It has to battle two types of dead people, space and evolution. In two weeks, dragons will join the fight. That's not fair to ask out of a new show.

That's too bad. I really like it and it would be nice to see how it ends.

Also two actors from Banshee in the episode. Nice :)

I watched the first two eps tonight, the kid playing Bo is a decent little actress and I think Tate is solid enough as the guardian character, there is potential there to develop that relationship as they both teach each other.

It did remind me a bit of Touch with the way they did some good deed in both eps, and I didn't think the action was very convincing.

I like the fugitive style format but I think the show needs to stay more focused and have less of these coincidental interactions that allow for some good Samaritan act, for instance I'd like to know more about how Tate was framed and by who.

Damn. That's too bad. I liked her.

I like the fugitive style format but I
think the show needs to stay more focused and have less of these coincidental interactions that allow for some good Samaritan act, for instance I'd like to know more about how Tate was framed and by who.

This. They definitely need to do this. Otherwise, it'll get dull real fast.

I liked this show a lot more than even I thought I would. The acting is much better than most shows in the same vein.

The only thing I don't like is the intro on the show, they should use this song for the intro

[YT]1ptQatdjOFM[/YT]

I don't have high hopes for the show against its competition. If it were put on a safer night then I would think it would fare better. It isn't a bad show so far (2 eps is hard to say) but NBC seems determined to kill it and itself on Sundays.

This. They definitely need to do this. Otherwise, it'll get dull real fast.

I think most people watching will be far more interested in the central story and much more likely to tune out with the convenient diversions into acts of goodness each week.

I agree if they can avoid Quantum Leap where every episode is their doing a good deed every week and focus on who/what/why of the kid and her father it would stand a better chance.

Jesus christ, I'll never understand the audience. The show is starting to hit its stride, is getting better & better, and yet, the ratings are falling every week.

NBC needs to give this another timeslot, Monday night for the first one was fine, now, they're putting it on the same day as TWD, etc, what is wrong with them? It's like they piss away every new show they get.

Believe has a huge potential, Johnny Sequoyah is fantastic, McLaughlin does a good job, the rest of the cast is solid, especially Delroy Lindo. It's definitely got this Touch vibe (another great show that started with huge ratings and then took a dive when it got better & better, I don't get it), and it's sweet, earnest, very entertaining IMO.

I don't know, maybe I'm mad, but it's really good at the moment.

I have quite enjoyed the first three episodes. Hopefully it's given time to succeed.

yeah, it's pretty good, I like it, the cast is great and based on all that, it'll get cancelled...

figures, don't it?... *shrugs shoulders*... that's NBC for ya... :whatever:

I was hyped about this show but after watching the first episode and watching Resurrection I decided to take Believe off my PVR list as I have too many shows to watch as it is.

The acting at times was off for me and was a little.. hokie (Is that a word ?) The Fight scenes were not that good (and honestly I could not.. Believe.. that a guy is such great shape and obviously can fight could not take that lady down.. guys can hit pretty darn hard).

Perhaps it is/will get better.. but it lost me on that first episode and I think it may have done the same for others. (I liked the little girls performance though)

I thought episode 3 was a bit better. They're still doing the good deeds thing but I liked that it was more focused on the backstory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"