JJ Abrams/Eric Kripke team up for NBC thriller 'Revolution'

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsfjr1190

Civilian
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE: With 2 new series, Person of Interest and Alcatraz, one returning, Fringe, and a Star Trek movie sequel on his plate, it wasn’t clear whether J.J. Abrams would be developing this year. He did and the result, a drama written by Supernatural creator/executive producer Eric Kripke, has gotten a pilot production commitment from NBC. Like most things JJ, details about the project titled Revolution are being kept under wraps but it’s being described as an epic adventure thriller. It hails from Abrams’ Bad Robot production company and Warner Bros. TV where the company is based. Abrams, Kripke and Bryan Burk are executive producing.
This is the second high-profile project for WME-repped Kripke this season. He also is writing/executive producing an adaptation of the DC Comic Deadman for the CW and WBTV.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/jj-abramseric-kripke-thriller-revolution-gets-production-commitment-at-nbc/

That's a pretty orgasmic collaboration. First JJ and Jonah Nolan, now JJ and Kripke?

Sign me the **** up! :up:

This partnership amuses me since their shows compete against each other on Friday. If NBC puts this show on Fridays at 9 my mind will shatter.

I can't believe so excited I am for this show, especially since all we have so far is the title.

I'm interested in anything JJ is involved in.

Abrams and Kripke? They would make beautiful sci-fi babies together!

Sign me up.

J.J. Abrams talks about working with Eric Kripke and the show (No spoilers)

J.J. Abrams’ “Lost” and Eric Kripke’s “Supernatural” were once competitors on Thursday night prime time. Now the geek gurus behind the popular series are joining forces for a new show, “Revolution.” Written by Kripke, the “Revolution” pilot is being produced by Abrams’ company, Bad Robot, and likely will begin shooting in early spring with Kripke and Abrams serving as executive producers, along with Bryan Burk. Perhaps not surprisingly, the secretive Abrams is staying tight-lipped about the concept of “Revolution” (all we know is it’s an “epic adventure thriller”), but he opened up about working with the creator of “Supernatural” when Hero Complex’s Emily Rome caught up with him backstage at the Hamilton Behind the Camera Awards.

E.R.: What made you interested in collaborating with Kripke?

J.J.A.: I’ve been a fan of “Supernatural.” I like him a lot. He’s a really good guy, and he came to us with an idea that was undeniably good. It was such a great premise for a series that it was just that feeling of the misery that you’d feel if you had a chance to be part of that and didn’t take advantage of it. I’m really looking forward to that show. He’s so obviously the real deal, and we’re just really lucky and honored that he wanted to collaborate with us on it.

E.R.: Shows like “Supernatural” and “Lost” have very devoted fans. What do you think about the potential to bring those two groups together with this show?

J.J.A.: I think [“Revolution”] needs to be as good as the premise promises, and if we do that, I’m confident that we will find an audience. I don’t think that you can ever rely on an audience that happened to like “Lost” or happened to like “Supernatural.” I would be thrilled if those audiences found this show too, but right now instead of thinking about who the audience is, we’re just trying to figure out the best possible way to produce the pilot, make it as good as it can be. A happy byproduct of just thinking about how to tell the story the best way possible is that you get a shot at an audience, and I’m crossing my fingers that we’ll have a substantial one.

E.R.: What about Kripke’s writing captivated you?

J.J.A.: What I love about his writing is it’s alive, it’s visual. He writes things that become images in your mind as you’re reading it, but he also is deeply concerned about character, back story, the emotional lives of the people he’s writing. It’s something I really appreciate. Again, I look forward to working with him in any capacity. Being a producer on his show is something I’m thrilled to do. And offer any suggestions. Though he certainly doesn’t need my suggestions to make a great show.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011...ams-on-eric-kripke’s-‘undeniably-good’-pilot/

Nothing much but still something.

JJ being a fan of Supernatural gives me a fan-*****. :o

JJ and Kripke are still technically competitors with Fringe and Supernatural going up against each other every Friday night.

They can still be friends. :o

I really wish we'd get some plot details on this thing. I'm intrigued beyond reason, but all we've got to go on is a title and the names JJ Abrams and Eric Kripke. :o

From TV Line:
Pilot Scoop: NBC Orders J.J. Abrams/Eric Kripke Thriller Revolution

The Revolution is getting closer to being televised.

NBC has given the green light to the hour-long thriller penned by Supernatural creator Eric Kripke and exec produced by J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk.

The project is described as a high octane action drama that follows a group of characters struggling to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist.

Huzzah!!! :awesome:

This sounds awesome. Me and my friends always talk about what we would do if something like this would happen.

Looking forward to this! I wonder if anyone from Lost will be in it?

EW.com has a little extra...
Now that’s the rather cryptic official description. But here’s an earlier, more exciting logline with more detail: “In this epic adventure thriller, a family struggles to reunite in a post-apocalyptic American landscape: a world of empty cities, local militias and heroic freedom fighters, where every single piece of technology — computers, planes, cars, phones, even lights — has mysteriously blacked out … forever.”

Ohhhh. Better, yes? Tough concept on a TV budget, but I’d watch this.
I'm. ****ing. IN! :o:up:

Now that’s the rather cryptic official description. But here’s an earlier, more exciting logline with more detail: “In this epic adventure thriller, a family struggles to reunite in a post-apocalyptic American landscape: a world of empty cities, local militias and heroic freedom fighters, where every single piece of technology — computers, planes, cars, phones, even lights — has mysteriously blacked out … forever.”
This is the guy responsible for the catastrophe.
snake-plissken.jpeg

I wish there wasn't the family bit in the description, I think the show would be more fun if it focused on some other dynamic since the family one has largely been done to death.

Still, I will give it a shot to prove me wrong :)

It's pretty hard to avoid the family issue, as its the core of a character's emotionality. Most shows just kill off the family, but a few actually keep them as characters. It's hard to do, especially with kid characters, but I expect good things from Kripke on that front.

Well, this sounds pretty damn cool.

Wait? It's NBC? Craaaaaaaaaaaaaap. So, they probably won't support it much.

This sounds absolutely ****ing amazing. I'm in on every single episode!

Wait? It's NBC? Craaaaaaaaaaaaaap. So, they probably won't support it much.

NBC has been pretty supportive of their shows of late. They promote the crap out of them and instead of yanking a show after two weeks like Fox or CBS would and let it run 5-9 weeks or a whole season - its just their shows haven't found an audience and have terrible, terrible ratings.

They are in the toilet so they'll keep things going until they no longer can. Look at how long they kept The Firm on Thursdays, it is their lowest rated Thursday show ever (now replaced by Grimm reruns until Awake premieres)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"