NBC's ''Timeless''

This is a real shame. Why aren't Netflix or Hulu or even Amazon interested in this series? Surely people must know how many fans it has.

This is a real shame. Why aren't Netflix or Hulu or even Amazon interested in this series? Surely people must know how many fans it has.
They do know how many fans it has. That is the issue.

Because the fanbase is too small.

That's not the impression I get. I thought it had a large fan base and support from other celebrities too. And it was always trending at the top on Twitter. Even last year NBC realised it had more fans than they thought.

Then what reason would they have to ditch it?

The show clearly has a strong, loyal, fanbase. It just might not be large enough to support it on television or on streaming.

This show needed to be on CW of Syfy. It didnt have the audience to survive on NBC.

Then what reason would they have to ditch it?

Not enough people watched it live. But not many people do. That was the same with the first season. They ditched it because not enough people watched it live, but it turned out that it had many more fans than they realised.

This season again, people aren't watching live. The thing is: how many really watch live at all these days? I don't watch a single programme live.

Considering all those CW shows that got renewed, it's weird.

I would've taken this on the CW. There must be someone who believes in it. Lots of people have remarked how educational it is and how it showcases minorities.

This show needed to be on CW of Syfy. It didnt have the audience to survive on NBC.

SyFy? After what they did to The Expanse? No thanks

NBC and time travel shows don't work.

SyFy? After what they did to The Expanse? No thanks

Syfy did what they did with Expanse because it wasnt their show and they had a terrible contract with Alcon. Also, Syfy gave Expanse 3 seasons which is better than what Timeless got at NBC.

Hopefully one of the streaming services will at least comission a movie so we can get a final chapter.

i just binge watched the last 6 episodes of the show and i really felt like it was getting stronger.

i really liked the episode with Harriet Tubman and felt the actress was amazing in the role

I admire the dedication. Hope something comes from it, for the fans.

Considering all those CW shows that got renewed, it's weird.
The CW has different ratings standards because it's a "netlet," not a network, and therefore not as widely available as the major networks. If Timeless had been on the CW, its ratings would be significantly lower by default. Just like what happened when Supergirl made the switch from CBS.

I'd be content with a comic or a book or two or even a series of books to wrap things up. Idk why more showrunners/writers dont do that when a show is cancelled with no resolution. Even if the network doesnt want to pay for books to wrap up a show they could let the showrunner self publish a book to wrap things up. These days digital publishing is easier and cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"