BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh. They could've done a lot worse.

Wait-and-see mode activated.

I'm okay with it.

Not ecstatic, but i liked him as Daredevil, he's a good actor.

Now we just need to see him in action.

It's certainly interesting. We'll see...

Please, for the love of God, let him have a screenwriter credit as well.

Eh. They could've done a lot worse.

Wait-and-see mode activated.

Pretty much how I feel.

He's certainly better than most of the names that were thrown around.

Nice.
With them shooting in 2014 (?) does this mean he's pushing back his latest Dennis Lehane adaptation "Live By Night"?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Let the Daredevil v Batman fighting commence

Feeling pretty meh. :dry: Not ecstatic, but not like "OH LET's KILL THE STUDIO!!" either.

He has definitely grown as a filmmaker and actor so he could be really good.

But how did this place get the scoop? Where did Warner reveal it?

It's totally unexpected. But I do sense genius in it :hmm

Maybe he will cowrite it or give Goyer some pointers on dialogue, huh?

Well....I bet Kevin Smith is thrilled that his old buddy is now playing his favorite superhero. ;)

(wonder if they will cast Bruce Willis as Lex Luthor now :o )

I'm cool with this. Not like "OMFG, I've wanted him all along" in love with it (honestly, I wasn't that way about anyone), but I can see it. I think he'll do quite well.

And thankfully, the speculation is over.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/ben-affleck-set-play-batman-man-steel-sequel-112801

“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him," added Snyder.

“We are so thrilled that Ben is continuing Warner Bros.’ remarkable legacy with the character of Batman. He is a tremendously gifted actor who will make this role his own in this already much-anticipated pairing of these two beloved heroes," said WB's Sue Kroll.

Feeling pretty meh. :dry: Not ecstatic, but not like "OH LET's KILL THE STUDIO!!" either.

I'm definitely more confident than that, but I still didn't expect this. I didn't even think of him as an option.

I guess we won't be getting his next directorial effort until 2016 at the earliest if that.

I'm quite serious. I hope to God Snyder and Goyer (particularly the latter) are open to his input.

Say what you will about him as an actor, but the man can write and direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hames
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"