BvS Whose casting is a LESSER concern to you - Ben Affleck or Gal Gadot?

to those 5 who voted that Ben is the concern well he's proved he can act. That can't be said about Gal.

Affleck doesn't bother me, but I'm not really excited for him. I'd prefer it if they'd gone the Cavill route and got a lesser known actor for Bats. i'm not really into big name A-List actors playing superhero's. RDJ is the only one who's ever worked and he was more like D list when the first Iron Man came out.

Watching the Hobbit 2 I couldn't help but wish that Luke Evans had gotten the role. His look and voice just scream Bruce Wayne.

And while we're on the subject Evangeline Lily would have made an amazing Wonder Woman. Tauriel is basically Wonder Woman anyhow.

But I still like Gadot's casting as Wonder Woman. I feel that she like Cavill will be able to sink into the role and seemingly become the character as only unknown actors can in the audience's eyes.

to those 5 who voted that Ben is the concern well he's proved he can act. That can't be said about Gal.
I'm guilty of one of those. I misread the title and chose the wrong option.

I'm guilty of one of those. I misread the title and chose the wrong option.

yeah it is a tricky question posed and I had to think about it for a bit. :woot:

But why is there two options and did this really need a thread of it's own?

Affleck's voice is higher than i'd like (lends itself to the same raspiness as Bale). but i'm not concerned by either casting choice.

Affleck's voice is higher than i'd like (lends itself to the same raspiness as Bale). but i'm not concerned by either casting choice.

Yeah the voice is probably my biggest concern with Ben. It's quite soft and high.

Kevin Conroy and Bruce Greenwood just spoiled us so much that I now can't accept a Batman with a voice that doesn't sound deep. SO far none of the live action Batmen have really nailed the voice IMO. Keaton probably came closest to a rendition of it.

Keaton's voice is awesome and he was the first person to make Batman sound badass.

Affleck doesn't bother me, but I'm not really excited for him. I'd prefer it if they'd gone the Cavill route and got a lesser known actor for Bats. i'm not really into big name A-List actors playing superhero's. RDJ is the only one who's ever worked and he was more like D list when the first Iron Man came out.

Watching the Hobbit 2 I couldn't help but wish that Luke Evans had gotten the role. His look and voice just scream Bruce Wayne.

And while we're on the subject Evangeline Lily would have made an amazing Wonder Woman. Tauriel is basically Wonder Woman anyhow.

But I still like Gadot's casting as Wonder Woman. I feel that she like Cavill will be able to sink into the role and seemingly become the character as only unknown actors can in the audience's eyes.

Me neither. I don't want to look at John Stewart and say "hey, that's Will Smith!"

I'd rather get to know the character and actor at the same rate ;)

Why isn't there a neither/don't really mind or care option?

To be honest though, I have confidence in Ben Affleck and what he's clearly going to bring to the table. Having finally watched Argo(Better late than never) I can see this will be good idea.

Outside of Fast & Furious, I haven't seen much of Gadot.

If there's one thing Zack Snyder's good at, it's casting the right people.

not worried about either. it's not like all these superhero roles are cast with oscar winning thespians. and even when you get an actor as awesome as bale he has his detractors. not worried one bit.

Affleck has one superhero screw-up behind him. So he knows what not to do. He also has an academy award and over a decade of experience in leading roles.

He also has the physical proportions for the role.

I'm sure working with Fincher has helped Affleck sharpen his acting skills quite a bit.

I'm sure working with Fincher has helped Affleck sharpen his acting skills quite a bit.

This. I think he'll give a truly compelling performance in Gone Girl, and then he'll have enough prestige for people to accept him more as Bruce/Bats. And physically, he'll be jacked and his fights will probably be well choreographed.

I want a lot of strong arm techniques, though it would be neat to see him kick for taking out multiple thugs.

This. I think he'll give a truly compelling performance in Gone Girl, and then he'll have enough prestige for people to accept him more as Bruce/Bats. And physically, he'll be jacked and his fights will probably be well choreographed.

I want a lot of strong arm techniques, though it would be neat to see him kick for taking out multiple thugs.
I fully expect people to shut up about Affleck's complete lack of acting talent when Gone Girl hits.

Fincher's one of the best directors working today when it comes to getting the best out of his actors. The man got an Oscar-nominated performance out of Jesse Eisenberg, and even managed to make Armie Hammer tolerable (for one movie, anyway).

When Affleck was gushing about how much he's learned from Fincher, I'd wager he didn't just mean from a director's POV.

Yes, but he still has to prove it, which is why the bulk of my concern is rested on his shoulders.

My concern is less for Gadot because frankly...I don't know think they are going to give her a whole lot to do.

Good poll ! Both these raised eyebrows. Personally, I'm less concerned about Affleck, he's big (physically) and will probably give his absolute all to carry off this role, as Batman is a most coveted screen icons. We know he has acting chops,
occasionally chooses some crap movies to appear in, but he can probably pull it off.
At the very least we know he'll try.

Gadot, only seen her in the FnF films, and she wasn't stellar there. IMO she doesn't have the look, although with serious weight gain/training regime that could change.
Personally, I see WW as being a bit more solid (e.g. Lucy Lawless during her Xena days, or Gina Carano) but that's just me. No doubt she'll be tough, from her Israeli
army days, but I just don't see her as having the warmth or charm that WW has.
WW isn't really a sultry or foxy character, she's tough, uncompromising, loyal to her friends to a fault, pretty simple really -and she enjoys kicking ass in the name of justice.
I know that some actors, who bore no resemblance to the character, can pull it off.
e.g. Anthony Hopkins could probably play Malcolm X and we'd believe it, he's that good). I don't think Gadot has the acting skills to make us believe - sure we'll think she's a princess, and maybe that she's tough, but WW is one of the most noble characters DC's ever put on a page. I'm not convinced she can pull that off (e.g. Amy Adams was amazing as Lois Lane, the best one yet, but Adams is the far superior actress to Gadot).
Oh, and she'll need to have massive chemistry with both Affleck and Cavill, otherwise the film will be really awkward.

I really hope, for all the fans' sakes that I'm wrong about this.

I don't know why some people are concerned about Gal Gadot's weight, i think she will gain body mass. I'm not even concerned about her acting skills i think she will do fine. But i'm more concerned about the size of her role in this film, i don't see how they'll introduce Themyscira in the MOS universe and i don't see how they will introduce WW in the MOS universe.

I don't know why some people are concerned about Gal Gadot's weight, i think she will gain body mass. I'm not even concerned about her acting skills i think she will do fine. But i'm more concerned about the size of her role in this film, i don't see how they'll introduce Themyscira in the MOS universe and i don't see how they will introduce WW in the MOS universe.

I agree. I'm basically more concerned about the script being iffy but WB considering it "good enough". However, having the writer of Argo on board makes me a bit more confident WB is at least realizing that they can't half a$$ this thing on the story side. I'm actually confident in Gadot and Affleck, given that I suspect the script will be tailored to both of their strengths.

I agree. I'm basically more concerned about the script being iffy but WB considering it "good enough". However, having the writer of Argo on board makes me a bit more confident WB is at least realizing that they can't half a$$ this thing on the story side. I'm actually confident in Gadot and Affleck, given that I suspect the script will be tailored to both of their strengths.

I didn't understand why they were pushing the WW rumors like this, now it will be extremely complicated to introduce WW in the film.

Good poll ! Both these raised eyebrows. Personally, I'm less concerned about Affleck, he's big (physically) and will probably give his absolute all to carry off this role, as Batman is a most coveted screen icons. We know he has acting chops,
occasionally chooses some crap movies to appear in, but he can probably pull it off.
At the very least we know he'll try.

Gadot, only seen her in the FnF films, and she wasn't stellar there. IMO she doesn't have the look, although with serious weight gain/training regime that could change.

Personally, I see WW as being a bit more solid (e.g. Lucy Lawless during her Xena days, or Gina Carano) but that's just me. No doubt she'll be tough, from her Israeli army days, but I just don't see her as having the warmth or charm that WW has.

WW isn't really a sultry or foxy character, she's tough, uncompromising, loyal to her friends to a fault, pretty simple really -and she enjoys kicking ass in the name of justice.

I know that some actors, who bore no resemblance to the character, can pull it off. e.g. Anthony Hopkins could probably play Malcolm X and we'd believe it, he's that good). I don't think Gadot has the acting skills to make us believe - sure we'll think she's a princess, and maybe that she's tough, but WW is one of the most noble characters DC's ever put on a page. I'm not convinced she can pull that off (e.g. Amy Adams was amazing as Lois Lane, the best one yet, but Adams is the far superior actress to Gadot).
Oh, and she'll need to have massive chemistry with both Affleck and Cavill, otherwise the film will be really awkward.

I really hope, for all the fans' sakes that I'm wrong about this.

Gadot has more than enough warmth and charm, even from her interviews. That's one of her most endearing qualities already. It's not like Lucy Lawless or Gina Carano have the warmth and charm. Xena was more wooden and a cold, hardened warrior.

Gal is very bubbly and fun, and if anything, people might think she's too much like that and not able to portray the tougher side of Diana.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"