Ben Mendelsohn is Talos the Tamer

Yeah, I hope he shows up in Endgame or at least in the Captain Marvel 2. After playing a multitude of generic bad guys (hitting rock bottom with the sheriff in Robin Hood), it's great to see Mendelsohn in a role where he really shines.

It's so hilarious how he get to show his amazing range when hidden under all that make up and his recent roles he was himself and had so little to do

Talos just chilling with everyone at the end in a baggy hooded sweatshirt is totally my jam.

Best character in the film followed by Fury!

Yeah his Aussie accent really worked well. I loved his wife

Mendelsohn was great in this, and he got to exhibit a very wide range of emotions and nuances throughout the course of the film. The fact that he was able to convey such a vivid performance despite wearing so much heavy makeup is an impressive feat all by itself.

Easily the best use of Ben in a big budget blockbuster to date. I feel like he hasn't been given too much to play with since they're mostly generic villains so to see your expectations get flipped here and to see that range of his just explode was great. The fact that he's worked with these directors before on a smaller film was probably a massive help too.

He was great.
"Hey, that one's taken". Lol.

Mendelsohn’s Talos is SO good.

I can watch hours of him just
bantering and being so done with Carol, Fury, Maria, and Goose like in the aircraft scene.

So what are the odds of
seeing him again? It would be such a waste if we don’t have him in the sequels.

And oh.. I love his science guy!

I thought Mendelsohn was very impressive as Talos, carrying himself with both wit and gravitas. And the character was cleverly written and had good lines:
"Was it something I said?"
"I don't really need these [the glasses] to see, but they do kind of complete the look, don't you think?"

Thought he was great in what was a nice twist on his usual villain roles, really hope we get to see him again at some point.

It would be great if this character showed up in a future Fantastic Four MCU film. Might be able to rescue that property.

Strongly agree with all the kudos for Mr. Mendelsohn. I thought the film was solid at best until
he popped up in Nawlins. Talos joining Team Carol really elevated the flick in my estimation.
He was terrific.

Last edited:
The scene of them all sitting around the dinner table having a normal conversation, Skrull and human, is something I never thought I’d see in a live action movie. Felt almost like a small independent picture in the way it was shot.

The scene of them all sitting around the dinner table having a normal conversation, Skrull and human, is something I never thought I’d see in a live action movie. Felt almost like a small independent picture in the way it was shot.
That and the scene in Maria's backyard when Talos tries to tell Carol the truth about the Skrulls being refugees and the emotional scene with Carol and Maria felt like an indie film too.

I have so many favorite Talos moments. He’s such a treasure in this film.

That and the scene in Maria's backyard when Talos tries to tell Carol the truth about the Skrulls being refugees and the emotional scene with Carol and Maria felt like an indie film too.

Yes. That is exactly the scene that instantly comes to mind when I mentioned as well that the film has “indie film” vibes. And if I’m being specific, a Jeff Nichols indie film is the vibe I got.

Enjoyed his performance quite alot :up:

c9o805g2vym21.png

Lead Singer, bassist, guitarist, drummer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"