Best 90's Superhero Animated Show

NinjaCarm

Fantastic
Reaction score
Which was it? Of the 1990s cartoons: X-Men The Animated Series, Spider-Man The Aminated Series, or Batman The Animated Series?

I think Batman has the edge. But I want to say X-Men.
x-menrogue.jpg

Last edited:
1. Batman

2. X-Men

3. Spiderman

that's how i rank them

is there any point voting? Without looking at the results I know Batman will win lol.

But for me

1.Spiderman
2. X-mem
3.Batman

and I'm not basing that on quality of story or animation etc. I'm basically going by what I sat down and gave my most attention to when it was on and that was spidey, followed closely by x-men. I hardly watched batman, just episodes here and there.

I think most would agree they were all superior to most animated shows today.

yeah they are, although I was loving Spectacular Spider-man over 90`s TAS up until its demise

Iron Man season 2 :up:

:woot:

No seriously, this is how I rank them

Batman
X-Men
Spider-Man

Batman TAS, Superman TAS, and Spider-Man TAS

The other two shows were ok but Batman is far and away the best in my opinion. It may be the greatest animated superhero series ever.

As an artistic achievement, Batman was head and shoulders above the other 2, although they are all pretty good.

X-Men was great, but kind of jumped the shark during the Phoenix saga (Jeaaaann! Jeaaaan! got a bit tired). And the quality of both the animation and storytelling plumetted in the final few episodes.

Spider-Man was good, and I really, really liked the series finale.

Err...That list is lacking

What about Gargoyles?
Beast Wars?
Fantastic Four and Iron Man Season 2?
Spider Man animated?
Superman Animated?

Gargoyles is technichally a Superhero show and so was Beast Wars IMO.

1.Batman:TAS
2.X-men:TAS
3.Spider-man:TAS

and I'm a Spidey first and foremost.

Like others have said , Iron Man TAS Season 2 was the best. Out of this list I picked Batman TAS.

X-Men TAS was cool , but got lame towards the end. Spiderman TAS recycled their animation alot.

Didnt Superman air in the late 90s?

But Batman--X-men--Spiderman.

Batman: The Animated Series

The others were good, but there's no comparison.

There were more than three comic based super hero cartoons in the 90s.

Anyway, of this list... hard to say. Batman was of higher quality, but X-Men had an over arching story that I prefer to a series of stand alones. I personally prefer Superman to all of them. And I don't like the 90s Spider-Man cartoon. I think a lot of it's praise comes from nostalgia. There were some really good episodes, though.

batman for sure. Although back int he day when it was on I probably wouldn't have said so. I guess I really didn't appreciate it till long after.

I think most would agree they were all superior to most animated shows today.
nostalgiagoggles.png

I'll go Batman, though I'm highly annoyed there's only three on the list. A better list would encompass more, so the winner wouldn't be so obvious.

Tough choice. I agree with many of the others on this thread that the list should probably be longer.

If I had to choose, I'd say:

1) Spiderman

2) Batman

3) X-Men

I liked the animation on Spiderman. Batman had better writing, but I didn't like how they drew Batman to look like Jay Leno on steroids. X-Men had some good animation and some good writing, but they kinda screwed the pooch with their "non-violent" action (Wolverine couldn't even use his claws, except for against inanimate objects and sentinels).

Tough choice. I agree with many of the others on this thread that the list should probably be longer.

If I had to choose, I'd say:

1) Spiderman

2) Batman

3) X-Men

I liked the animation on Spiderman. Batman had better writing, but I didn't like how they drew Batman to look like Jay Leno on steroids. X-Men had some good animation and some good writing, but they kinda screwed the pooch with their "non-violent" action (Wolverine couldn't even use his claws, except for against inanimate objects and sentinels).

There's a difference between animation and art style. Batman's animation was usually better than Spider-Man's, which was often stiff and relied on recycling clips and hoping no one noticed to save money.

#1X-MenAnimated series
#2 spider-man Animated series
#3 batman the Animatedserie i like batman beyond the best.

Batman

X-Men and Spider-Man were awful cartoon shows. Watch them without nostalgia blinders and anyone can see this.

X-Men gets it's acclaim because of it's massive fan service. So many mutants and storylines were covered by the show. You name a mutant out of an X-Men comic and chances are, they were in at least one episode of the show. Even Thor was briefly seen in an episode.

However, Batman: The Animated Series is easily the best. The storylines were so well written. The animation was fantastic. Critically, it's one of the greatest cartoons of all-time.

Yea I know it sounds like the rest, but BTAS by far. The music, the writing, everything. I still own all of them on DVD and watch them all the time. They are the only ones that as an adult I still love to watch. I remember watching the first one on TV back in 92 I believe. Amazing. I was hooked and watched them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"