Best Animated Batman Movie ?

Gotham Knight, by far ... all short stories, none of the "major" upper echelon villains (brief cameo by Scarecrow), and it's totally carried on by the allure and mystique of the Batman character. It also wasn't a watered down, kiddified version of the mythos akin to B:TAS, either. Very well done, apart from the voice acting of Batman. He sounded too much like a regular dude. No real artistic take on the voice. But everything else was aces. Really enjoyed the "Dead Shot" character ... wish he would be incorporated into a movie sometime.

Gotham Knight, by far ... all short stories, none of the "major" upper echelon villains (brief cameo by Scarecrow), and it's totally carried on by the allure and mystique of the Batman character. It also wasn't a watered down, kiddified version of the mythos akin to B:TAS, either. Very well done, apart from the voice acting of Batman. He sounded too much like a regular dude. No real artistic take on the voice. But everything else was aces. Really enjoyed the "Dead Shot" character ... wish he would be incorporated into a movie sometime.

:up:
I liked that too.

1. Under the Red Hood: It's sad that it's not Conroy voicing Batman, but the movie is the best animated Batman feature. Has some goof ups, hence 9.5/10
2. Mask of the Phantasm: Best origin until Batman Begins came around. This one has some slip ups as well, but I don't find the movie as fun as UTRH. 9.5/10
3. Batman Beyond Return of the Joker: The Joker/Drake connection is lame, but it led to fun sequences. 9.5/10
4. Superman/Batman Public Enemies: Spectacular, that's all I say. 9.5/10
5. Gotham Knight has two good sequences, the rest are OK. I'll give it a 7.5/10
6. Mystery of the Batwoman is OK. 7/10
7. Year One: Not so good, story it's based on isn't so good 7/10

haven't watched the other two

I watched Batman: Sub Zero and it was a fairly good Mr. Freeze story, that very much ties into the Animated Series. In fact it's like an extended episode.

Now would be a good time to bump this thread.

1. TDKR pt. 1
2. MOTP
3. TDKR pt. 2
4. Year One
5. Under the Red Hood
6. Return of the Joker
7. Batman vs. Dracula
8. SubZero
9. Mystery of the Batwoman
10. Gotham Knight

1. Under the Red Hood
2. The Dark Knight Returns Part 1
3. The Dark Knight Returns Part 2
4. Return of the Joker
5. Year One
6. Mask of the Phantasm
7. The Batman vs. Dracula
8. Mystery of the Batwoman
9. Sub-Zero
10. Gotham Knight

This might change after I rewatch them, since it's been a long time for some of them, but:

1. Mask of the Phantasm
2. Under the Red Hood
3. Chase Me
4. Return of the Joker
5. Year One
6. The Dark Knight Returns
7. Gotham Knight (mostly just for the 'working through pain' bit, and some of the awesome animation)
8. SubZero (interchangeable with GK for it's story and villain, but a bit boring by comparison)

None of these are bad. This is mostly influenced by concept preference.

I didn't see all of Batwoman or Dracula, but they seemed alright. Not the way I like things, but not bad either.

This might change after I rewatch them, since it's been a long time for some of them, but:

1. Mask of the Phantasm
2. Under the Red Hood
3. Chase Me
4. Return of the Joker
5. Year One
6. The Dark Knight Returns
7. Gotham Knight (mostly just for the 'working through pain' bit, and some of the awesome animation)
8. SubZero (interchangeable with GK for it's story and villain, but a bit boring by comparison)

None of these are bad. This is mostly influenced by concept preference.

I didn't see all of Batwoman or Dracula, but they seemed alright. Not the way I like things, but not bad either.
I think the art design all the way was atrocious. The only good part of it, as you mentioned, is 'Working Through Pain' but even it is poorly executed. I would have preferred a linear story instead of the 6 shorts.

I think the art design all the way was atrocious. The only good part of it, as you mentioned, is 'Working Through Pain' but even it is poorly executed. I would have preferred a linear story instead of the 6 shorts.

Some of the art sucked, some of it was really cool. The choreography was often well done.

I would've preferred a linear story too, following the tone of Pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"