• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Best Blockbuster of the 2010's! - Nominations Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
Here we go, lets see who joins Back to the Future, Jurassic Park and The Dark Knight in the final 4 showdown.! :D Nominate 3 movies from the 2010's that you feel are contender's to be the best blockbuster of that decade. I'll close this thread at the weekend and make a poll thread with the 10 most nominated movies. :)

My Nominations:
Mission: Impossible - Fallout
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Mad Max: Fury Road

Last edited:
Reactions: CJ
Tron: Legacy
The Lego Batman Movie
Harry Potter & the deathly Hallows Part 2

Right, here we go (with much thought)…

Once again, I'm going for blockbusters and impact.

My Nominations

INCEPTION (2010)

BATMAN v SUPERMAN : DAWN OF JUSTICE (EXTENDED EDITION) (2016)

STAR WARS : THE FORCE AWAKENS (2015)

Reactions: CJ
I think this decade's choices maybe more 'less obvious' as clear cut nominations for everyone voting, in other words, the field will be wider before the 'whittling down' begins.

Edited my post, I put the wrong Cap movie lol. :O

I think this decade's choices maybe more 'less obvious' as clear cut nominations for everyone voting, in other words, the field will be wider before the 'whittling down' begins.

I agree, they've had less time to marinate so the selections will be broader, even though I have a suspicion what will ultimately run out the winner.

Oooh, tell, tell....

Lol, I think The Avengers will win it as it was a film fans never truly thought was ever going to get made and not only did it get made but the way it was built to made it a unique event. The Force Awakens might have pushed it had The Last Jedi not soured some of the fanbase.........Having said that watch Skyfall end up winning.

Lol, I think The Avengers will win it as it was a film fans never truly thought was ever going to get made and not only did it get made but the way it was built to made it a unique event. The Force Awakens might have pushed it had The Last Jedi not soured some of the fanbase.........Having said that watch Skyfall end up winning.

Yep, thinking it through with my head on straight, it's Avengers.

Are we voting for the blockbusters that are going to be the most historically relevant or we voting for the blockbusters that we like best? I think the movies that made the biggest impact will be:

Avengers: Infinity War
Inception
Black Swan

Can only go with how I've understood HR's thread concept, I've chosen films in all 3 discussions thus far that have had BB impact ($$$$, WOM, Expectation v Reality, that BB atmosphere) so 'mainstream' thinking, rather than indie or smaller films. For example if I wasn't picking on my basis, I too would choose smaller films during all 4 time periods, but I've gone for mainstream 'big' films. Crowd pleasers in other words.

Key example, I would have chosen Blade Runner 2049 easily as my film for this period but it 'only' made $350m (or thereabouts) and was a 'fan' only appreciated film essentially so have not included.

Last edited:
Are we voting for the blockbusters that are going to be the most historically relevant or we voting for the blockbusters that we like best? I think the movies that made the biggest impact will be:

Avengers: Infinity War
Inception
Black Swan

The ones you think are the best, but they have to actually be blockbusters, so big in scale spectacle films that also made strong box office.

Does Fury Road count as a strong box office?

I didn't think Tron: Legacy made much either.

I'm leaning towards personal preference over cultural impact.

Infinity War
Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Mine:
Inception
Blade Runner 2049

Guess it don't matter.

Guardians of the Galaxy
It (gotta show love of my favorite genre!)

Does Fury Road count as a strong box office?

I didn't think Tron: Legacy made much either.

It made $400 million. I think that qualifies as a blockbuster, but probably not to the extent Disney was hoping for.

The Avengers
Inception

I am going to spoil your final 4 poll though, Hunter. TDK is going to win. It wins every poll on here, LOL!

Last edited:
Inception seems like a lock at this point.

The Avengers
Inception

I am going to spoil your final 4 poll though, Hunter. TDK is going to win. It wins every poll on here, LOL!

:funny: You could be right man but I've got my money on Jurassic Park winning the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"