• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Best Comic Book Movie Trilogy Ever?

8ql5ou.jpg

GOHXKI2WMAE7_8U

I'm counting it, Hopkins was pretty much playing the continuation of Fairbanks character, plus the last one is somewhat the same plot as Rises (just with a much more annoying "kid" implied taking up the mantle at the end. :cwink:

3. Does it count? As others indicate more of a vehicle into an expanding shared U.
8ql8wf.jpg

8qlbsn.jpg

Though I actually prefer Holland as Spider-Man and enjoyed Homecoming the most as a stand alone), agree this one holds up as a self-contained trilogy.

5. I guess with the extended cut.
8qlbma.jpg

6. Did I skip one? (it was just the three right? (and the last one is a bit of a blur, he fights a sun-powered doomsday hybred-clone of Lex+Kryptonian DNA, on the moon right? ) I can't remember that far back,
8qlbzx.jpg

7. Hey if DC/WB themselves are going to bundle and market that last one as part of a Keaton Batman film collection, I'm counting it as a trilogy. :funny:
7a6a908a50467c0009028165587e77d5.jpg

(just re-imagining KLara as the Daughter of (Reeve)Superman and (Lynda Cordova Carter)WonderWoman :cwink:

9. Does it count?
8qlcw4.jpg

Could be trash, yet for fun, I'm going to assume this one is about to land itself here.
8qnuih.jpg

Last edited:
I'd also say Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy falls in that category as well even though No Way Home continues Peter's story post-Spider-Man 3. There's also the Blade trilogy too. :o

I said it on the first page of this thread but I don't consider any of the MCU "trilogies" to be proper trilogies. Thor is no longer a trilogy and Captain America is about to get a fourth movie. Iron Man 1-3 could function as a trilogy but you need The Avengers in there for the full context and Tony's arc continues for another five movies after that. Ditto with Guardians of the Galaxy because without Infinity War and Endgame, and to a lesser extent the Holiday Special and Love & Thunder, you miss a lot of important information between Vol. 2 and Vol. 3.

Yeah, that’s what I mean when I say “conventional” narrative and charcter arc. Hard to put any MCU movie in the trilogy category when the characters keep showing up and “growing” in movies outside of their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"