Best depiction of the Wayne's' death

TheGuy

Dwelling under the Batcave
Reaction score
We have 4 depictions of the Wayne's death, each being unique on its own. Which do you prefer?

I personally prefer their deaths in Joker followed by Batman Begins, Batman and then Batman v Superman. The reason I prefer Joker's take is because of the sheer madness and paranoia occurring simultaneously with their deaths. Thomas Wayne was a pretty unlikable rich guy too, thus his death and of his wife are brutally shocking.

I've always thought the depiction of their deaths in Batman '89 was the most surreal, nightmarish and dreamlike. I remember someone once made a good comment that Batman '89 is how Bruce remembered it as a child, BvS is how Bruce remembers it as an adult, and Begins is how it actually went down. But yeah I cast my vote for '89.

I've always thought the depiction of their deaths in Batman '89 was the most surreal, nightmarish and dreamlike. I remember someone once made a good comment that Batman '89 is how Bruce remembered it as a child, BvS is how Bruce remembers it as an adult, and Begins is how it actually went down. But yeah I cast my vote for '89.
Great comparison. It really is a matter of preference because they are all valid interpretations. The criteria we should judge them is the backdrop and context to which they occur.

They're all good, as I don't have a problem with any of them.

So I'll just go with B89, since I like the way its shot, but again, they're all good.

I know there’s been some (ironic?) Schumacher Batman championing going on in these forums but...

Really, the very best live-action depiction of Batman’s origin is in Batman Forever, and it doesn’t even show the Waynes getting shot.

I know there’s been some (ironic?) Schumacher Batman championing going on in these forums but...

Really, the very best live-action depiction of Batman’s origin is in Batman Forever, and it doesn’t even show the Waynes getting shot.
Technically, the Waynes were not shown to be killed in Forever, which is the idea of the thread.

Poor guys can’t catch a break.

Begins. It’s the purest version.

The Joker should not be responsible for Batman’s creation. A random act of violent crime should.

Batman Begins because it has a better context to the film, but I thought they did an excellent job in Joker by explaining why tf they would go to a shady ass alleyway in the first place.
This . Finally a worthwhile explanation lol

Exactly right. Like a childs nightmare.

Not seen the Joker yet so wont vote but having Watched Batman Begins again today that one is the best so far for me. It's not only tense but really haunting also and the most effective.

If Joker wasn't the gunman, I would've went with B89.

I'll say the version in Begins even though I'm not crazy about it (personally I feel it's kind of flat and lacks emotion), because it's the most comic accurate and doesn't make The Joker responsible for Batman's creation like Batman '89 and Joker do.

Was it necessary to spoil that part of Joker? I know it’s not a big one, but still.

Each depiction is like a microcosm of the respective director's take on the material. Burton's is dreamlike and uncanny; Nolan's is stark and naturalistic; Snyder's is languid and theatrical.

What I've always loved about Nolan's in particular is how fast and loud it is. I still remember how shocking that gunshot was in the theater. There's a feeling of purposelessness about it. The Waynes are alive one minute, dead the next.

BB. It was also done pretty well in Gotham, which I don't see on this list.

I liked how brutal it was in Joker and how it worked as a sobering moment to show that the whole class warfare in Gotham wasn’t remotely as black and white as it might have seemed.

I've always thought the depiction of their deaths in Batman '89 was the most surreal, nightmarish and dreamlike.

Yeah....I'm rolling with this. For those exact reasons...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"