The Dark Knight Rises Best versions of Bane!

ganon51

Stay Awesome my friends
Reaction score
(Outside of the comics)

Knowing full where this conversation is going ( ;) )

1) Nolanverse
2) Arkham Origins
3) TAS (I guess)

The rest were too inconsequential to list.

I think Arkham Origins perfected the comic book Bane. It took his comic book origin of escaping a prison and hunting the Batman down to prove his own self-worth to an enjoyable extreme, and took freely from some of the visual flourishes of Nolan as well as his ability to lead a cult of followers.

But I think the Nolan version one-ups it by improving on many of Bane's faults from the comics that purists refuse to acknowledge: namely the fact that he looks like a luchadore pro-wrestler (and still does in Arkham Origins with that mask) and that he is addicted to Venom, which Arkham Origins takes further by unfortunately having to explain the awful Titan Bane.

People talk about Talia making Bane weak? Bane the drug addict is worse. Instead Bane being a self-made man who breaks Batman not because of steroids is preferable, as is the creepy Hannibal Lecter-styled mask, and him having a real plan after breaking the Bat--namely bringing Gotham and the U.S. government to its knees in a terrorist attack with shades of third world militaristic invasions and even the French Revolution. It causes him to stand out from the rest of Batman's rogue gallery far more than ever before.

I am sure that everyone agrees with this opinion.

Arkham Origins then The Animated Series.

None of the rest. They're all terrible with Batman and Robin Bane being the worst.

1. The Dark Knight Rises
2. Batman: Arkham Origins
3. Batman: The Animated Series (Over the Edge)

Knowing full where this conversation is going ( ;) )

1) Nolanverse
2) Arkham Origins
3) TAS (I guess)

The rest were too inconsequential to list.

I think Arkham Origins perfected the comic book Bane. It took his comic book origin of escaping a prison and hunting the Batman down to prove his own self-worth to an enjoyable extreme, and took freely from some of the visual flourishes of Nolan as well as his ability to lead a cult of followers.

But I think the Nolan version one-ups it by improving on many of Bane's faults from the comics that purists refuse to acknowledge: namely the fact that he looks like a luchadore pro-wrestler (and still does in Arkham Origins with that mask) and that he is addicted to Venom, which Arkham Origins takes further by unfortunately having to explain the awful Titan Bane.

People talk about Talia making Bane weak? Bane the drug addict is worse. Instead Bane being a self-made man who breaks Batman not because of steroids is preferable, as is the creepy Hannibal Lecter-styled mask, and him having a real plan after breaking the Bat--namely bringing Gotham and the U.S. government to its knees in a terrorist attack with shades of third world militaristic invasions and even the French Revolution. It causes him to stand out from the rest of Batman's rogue gallery far more than ever before.

I am sure that everyone agrees with this opinion.

Too bad they gave a chunk of HIS origin to Talia in order to produce that… plot twist crap.

Too bad they gave a chunk of HIS origin to Talia in order to produce that… plot twist crap.

They used Talia as a device to humanize Bane and went on to tie his origins into the League, making him similar to Bruce as far as being inducted into the League goes. Mega crap.

I like Nolanverse, Arkham Origins being a close second. Knightfall Bane left me unimpressed.

Lol, staying out of it for that reason.

I voted B&R just for you Kane. :word:

Last edited:
DCAU Bane was really only cool here:

But you can't beat, "The shadows betray you because they belong to me!"

What are the worries, mate? Even though I hated TDKR's version of Bane for being the puny Darth-Connery sounding, tarantula-mask wearing crybaby henchman of Talia he was.

tumblr_mdv4q6fSP41rs1yhuo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Puny? Hardy was huge. What were you expecting? lol.

What the hell is going on with the links??? Why are they coming out like that??

You can't post any link/image from Comic Book Movie.

You can't post any link/image from Comic Book Movie.

But I was posting images of Ra's al Ghul earlier on another thread

EDIT: Nevermind, I've fixed it. You guys have some kind of beef with Comic Book Movie or something? LOL

Last edited:
It's called forced perspective and standing on a box.

In real life, he was probably just as tall as Dagget.

Even then whenever he was next to Batman his actual height was noticeable

He was smaller than Batman! LOL

batman_vs_bane.png

Looks like they're dancing
That's a set pic. He's made to look taller in the movie..because it's....the movies. And he had a massive build anyway.

It's called forced perspective and standing on a box.

In real life, he was probably just as tall as Dagget.
Who cares about real life? You can make anyone look taller in the movies, which they did.

And it has begun.

scarjo_popcorn.gif
I have no problem with this thread, but when somebody comes on here and says Hardy's Bane was "puny", i roll my eyes because i find that to be such a typical fanboy thing to say. It's completely ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"