The Dark Knight Rises Will Bane break Batman's back?

"Theatricality and deception are powerful agents for the uninitiated. But we are initiated, aren't we, Bruce?"

LOVED
this line.

My only complaint is that it wasn't torturous enough. I enjoyed the fight but expected it to be a lot longer and a lot more brutal than it was. It felt like he suddenly got tired/desperate way too soon. I wanted them to really hammer the point home and have him try, try, try, try, try, try and just fail miserably every single time. They did do this, but I wanted more of it.

Of course.
:awesome:

Vindication.

I also loved how Solidus's sources original tip of "Bane breaking Batman's back in the first act" was true, even the second half as I consider it the very end of the first act. :yay:

I don't think the fight was quite as brutal as people have stated. One sided yes, but not all that brutal.

Ha!

Batman: "T'is but a scratch Bane. Come back and I'll bite your ankles"

Of course it was brutal. How would you have made it more brutal?

Probably my favourite scene in the whole film, and one that I think was executed to perfection. Despite problems I may have with other parts of the film I thought Nolan nailed it here.

Of course it was brutal. How would you have made it more brutal?

Filming it so that it was a bit more hard-hitting. Different fight sounds, etc. I know it's PG-13, but much of the fight felt like two guys in rubber bouncing off each other.

I've never seen Batman's fighting style look more brutal, visceral or believable on film than in this scene (and then the one at the end with him and Bane again). I will agree they should have added a cracking sound when Bane broke him simply because it would have had a more visceral impact and made clear what happened as I wasn't sure his back was really broken until later in the movie.

I laughed when he said " then I will break". I was shocked at that scene because I didn't expect Nolan to do it

I love everything about this scene. The dialogue is perfect and I love that Batman is panting and trying every weapon in his arsenal and Bane just continues to taunt him and punish him. One of my favorite scenes in the trilogy.

To Nolan's credit he nailed it. So many compliments, always ending with "But I wanted more." We always want more of the good things, don't we? :D

I don't know if this is a criticism, since I loved the whole entire thing. The moment that door shuts, and Batman slowly turns to see Bane, you KNOW. Everything leading up to the climactic beatdown, was fantastic. Bane's lines. Bruce's struggle. The dreadful (and hauntingly beautiful) absence of a score. So, so perfect. When he eventually dropped him on his knee, though, I was expecting so much more in the way of a graphic, body folding image. I really thought we would get that infamous panel from Knightfall. In the end, it looked like any throwaway wrestling move I'd grown quickly sick of in middle school. It was still powerful, and still painful to watch, but not at all how I expected it to turn out.

Bane lifted Bats over the head and I was so thrilled. I had no idea they would actually use that scene. When Hardy said "I will break you"... wow.

I literally gasped and said "Oh my God!" I was absolutely not expecting it to happen. It was one of the few surprises this film had for me because of all the spy pics and how much I was able to surmise from what comic story arcs it was appearing to drawn from.

I love everything about this scene. The dialogue is perfect and I love that Batman is panting and trying every weapon in his arsenal and Bane just continues to taunt him and punish him. One of my favorite scenes in the trilogy.
Yeah, same here. I've seen someone say this fight is to Bane as to what the interrogation scene was to the Joker. And I agree.

Yeah, same here. I've seen someone say this fight is to Bane as to what the interrogation scene was to the Joker. And I agree.

Definitely. Going into the film I was expecting the shot of Bane walking away with the broken cowl to be accompanied by him saying "Broken....and done."
But during the ending of that fight, given all the other Knightfall references, I knew it wouldn't happen. That scene has been on my mind constantly since I saw the film. :up:

Curious what the point of that reinforced spine armor on the TDK suit is for if it can't protect Bruce's back from that kind of impact.

He should have kept the BEGINS suit, where he landed on his back on a car and was fine.

Curious what the point of that reinforced spine armor on the TDK suit is for if it can't protect Bruce's back from that kind of impact.

He should have kept the BEGINS suit, where he landed on his back on a car and was fine.

LOL probably the worst complaint yet.

Probably my favorite scene in the movie in addition with Bruce climbing out of the pit, the final fight, and the ending.

This fight was amazing. The lack of music, the brutality of it, Batman's desperation, every line by Bane is perfect, and of course, the back break. Extremely well done Nolan, fantastic.

If he had the Begins suit he would have been destroyed so quickly. He can't move in it. We all saw how fast Bane was. Batman would have been done much quicker

When Bane lifted Batman, I was like "oh no they didn't ! ", but at the same time I was convinced he was just going to throw him hard on the ground

It went so fast

As much as I loved the fight, the actually shot of him breaking his back sucked, imo. It's me nitpicking but the way he shot this moment, one of the most important moments ever in a Batman comic, something about it was just weird to me. I didn't like it. It was way too fast. Loved that it was done, though.

I thought Bane punching his head non-stop had more of an impact than the back breaking moment.

Last edited:
I seriously geeked the hell out as soon as I saw Bane lift Batman over his head. Thankyou Based Nolan.

Heck, the same thing happend in TDK, and he was holding Rachel.

Bane is just that strong:wow:

Honestly though, I did always chuckle at moments like that, where Bruce shows some slightly superhuman survival abilities. Despite Nolan being teh superz realizmz.:woot:

Maybe the reinforced spine piece saved him from a legitimately broken back. Or from pooping himself.

Maybe the reinforced spine piece saved him from a legitimately broken back. Or from pooping himself.
I could buy that. I mean we are talking about a guy that punched a couple chunks out of a concrete column with his bare hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"