The Dark Knight Rises What comic canon will Nolan break, or should he break?

Seems most posters wouldn't mind if Gordon found out Batman is Bruce Wayne in Nolan's Batman 3. What about Alfred dying? Like I said previously, I would only agree to it if this was definitely Nolan's LAST Batman movie and a restart was in the works with a new vision/cast....

I like Gregs idea of Gordon finding out who Batman is but acting blind to it.... it would make the Lamborgini crash scene even cooler to watch after knowing he would think about that and realize what he did....

I've always had the theory that Gordon has known Batman's identity ever since that scene in Year One where he saw him without the mask but claimed he couldnt see a damn thing without his glasses. There was also a scene in No Man's Land where Bruce tried to reveal his face to him and Gordon immediately closed his eyes and told him to put his mask back on. Imo, never letting on that he knows is his silent tribute to Batman since he couldve tried to use it against him in any dispute they have ever had. It also gives him plausible deniability.

Seems most posters wouldn't mind if Gordon found out Batman is Bruce Wayne in Nolan's Batman 3. What about Alfred dying? Like I said previously, I would only agree to it if this was definitely Nolan's LAST Batman movie and a restart was in the works with a new vision/cast....

Even if it closed out Nolan's franchise wouldnt it be overly depressing for Alfred to die right after Rachel and Harvey? Shouldnt there be a somewhat hopeful note to end the series?

I like Gregs idea of Gordon finding out who Batman is but acting blind to it.... it would make the Lamborgini crash scene even cooler to watch after knowing he would think about that and realize what he did....

I've always had the theory that Gordon has known Batman's identity ever since that scene in Year One where he saw him without the mask but claimed he couldnt see a damn thing without his glasses. There was also a scene in No Man's Land where Bruce tried to reveal his face to him and Gordon immediately closed his eyes and told him to put his mask back on. Imo, never letting on that he knows is his silent tribute to Batman since he couldve tried to use it against him in any dispute they have ever had. It also gives him plausible deniability.

Doesn't Batman know that Gordon knows he's Bruce Wayne, but they just choose not to acknowledge it?

I understand you Milu. But I think gordon Does not know Bruce's identity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"