Smallville BEWARE Spoilers: 11.2 - DETECTIVE - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Love this image.
Sin_t_tulo.jpg

I picked up my printed copy yesterday. These comics are really selling well.

wow it took me a little while to realize it was Tess controller Lex, lol. Wonder if she's ever gonna come back to life...

Just got my print issue of Smallville Season 11. I like the fight between Superman and Batman as this is how it should be between them in the main DCU. We got another fight between Green Arrow and Nightwing while the Oliver/ Chloe relationship is emphasized. Lois has a minor role in this, along with Tess.
Great issue overall.

I've read the 2 printed issues of Detective, absolutely loving it so far. I loved the Superman vs Batman fight think its more realistic that a fight between these two would go down this way.

Is the Bruce Wayne look based on any particular actor in this comic or not?

I've read the 2 printed issues of Detective, absolutely loving it so far. I loved the Superman vs Batman fight think its more realistic that a fight between these two would go down this way.

Is the Bruce Wayne look based on any particular actor in this comic or not?

Bryan Q Miller said Smallville Bruce Wayne is a mix of Benjamin Bratt and Simon Baker and the voice he uses when he is Batman is basically the Chris Nolan/Christian Bale Batman voice. Yeah this has been one of my favorite few Batman/Superman fights(along with the one in New 52 JL#2, The Batman and Batman:Brave and the Bold) and I can't wait for the next half of this episode.

Bryan Q Miller said Smallville Bruce Wayne is a mix of Benjamin Bratt and Simon Baker and the voice he uses when he is Batman is basically the Chris Nolan/Christian Bale Batman voice. Yeah this has been one of my favorite few Batman/Superman fights(along with the one in New 52 JL#2, The Batman and Batman:Brave and the Bold) and I can't wait for the next half of this episode.

That's interesting thanks.

Totally agreed on the fights, the BATB one was immense I still can't believe they did a fight like that on their show.

Here's a thought: I've been wondering about the timeline/history of how Bruce Wayne became Batman parallel with the events of Smallville. I forgot about the Bruce Wayne TV Series; maybe that could be used to build onto the history of the character in this universe. Plus, BQM shouldn't forget Chloe mentioning a "bilionaire with gadgets."

That's not a problem for me. They can always reveal it at a later time anyway. I used to follow Bryan's tweets, but there was one "William Spike" guy or wtv his name was, that was constantly pestering him and I haven't seen his twitter in awhile. Jeez, so many jerks in the social media.

Just asked Bryan about Chloe.

uVImP.jpg

Its a valid point, and they should address it, but typical crap like ignoring these little details is what made so many people hate Smallville (no I am not one of those said ppl, but this crap does annoy me).

I wonder if he will say the same thing whenever Wonder Woman is finally brought in cause Chloe also mentions her (A wondrous woman who's going to throw you through a loop).

not sure it even needs to be mentioned. Chloe hasn't been anywhere near Bruce/Bats so far in this issue/episode. Hell, she hasn't interacted with anyone outside of Oliver and Clark.

So does anyone know what happened in the latest chapter of Smallville? I finally bought the last 2 print issues of Smallville and was loving what I read.
well did we get to see the origin of Mr.Freeze and what kind of Mr.Freeze this is(original campy villain, sympathetic DCAU Freeze, The Batman/YJ like Freeze or even DC New 52 Freeze) and what about the Prankster. Do we see what Toyman's relationship with the Prankster is or what? Sorry for so many questions still a little excited about being able to get the print comics.

I love the look of Smallville's Mr. Freeze.

I agree Smallville Mr.Freeze is one of my favorite Mr.Freeze designs(along with The first DCAU Mr.Freeze design, The Batman Mr.Freeze, Young Justice Mr.Freeze, Brave and the Bold Mr.Freeze that appeared in Chill of the Night(Based of George Sanders Mr.Freeze), and the New 52 Mr.Freeze).

One of the things I like about Smallville designs is that they took the design straight out of the comic and made it as modern/realistic/faithful as they could with a TV budget.

Interviewing Bryan for CBM. Any Qs?

if there is still time to ask questions ask him about :
1. Bart Allen and the story line in "Haunted"(new costume, etc)
2. how did he come up with the Detective story line ( dealing with Joe Chill and Intergang and Mr.Freeze as opposed with Lex Luthor teams up with Joker and/or other Gotham super villain, involvement of Batgirl/Nightwing, etc)
3. What is your favorite DC Comics or show(besides Smallville)

that's all I have right now.

you could ask for a definitive answer on why Superman/Clark looks like Tom inside the books but not on the cover art?

I'll ask all these but it's run through the publicity peeps so if they don't want it answered it won't be answered lol

Ask him about Batman's biography in the Smallville universe, and how it parallels events from Smallville the TV show; will we get any of that in "Detective" or later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"