Smallville 11.1 - Guardian - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well that is good then. Speaking of you guys who collect. How do you store your stuff. For me its just been baggy and in some plastic tots. I been thinking of getting big three ring binders and put comics in binder sheet protectors. But was wondering what type I should look into you know thickness/quality wise.

I've just read the latest print issue of Smallville as the season premiere, Guardian, comes to an end. I wish they'd adapt this into a TV-movie or a CGI movie. A good read as I'd imagine how Guardian would look like if the show itself continued.

yeah it was a pretty solid first episode.

Loved how Lex setup the whole shuttle explosion to irradiate Superman so he could track his whereabouts.

Writers did a great job too I could actually "hear" all those words coming out of Rosenbaum's mouth.

Last edited:
Finally got my order, and I thought the issue was pretty good. Like how they handled the characters on the show, I wonder what the plans might be for Henshaw. Perhaps, and this is my theory, perhaps if one of the seasons happens to be the Death and Return of Superman, that he won't be the villain of the story, but will be someone who wants to take on the mantle of Superman.

BTW, going through the spoilers before I got this issue, I don't think anyone had mentioned the secret character that does Chloe-2 in. At first, I thought it was an Alexander Luthor who was evil like our Luthor, but I have a feeling it's The Monitor.

"The Crisis is coming."

Finally got my order, and I thought the issue was pretty good. Like how they handled the characters on the show, I wonder what the plans might be for Henshaw. Perhaps, and this is my theory, perhaps if one of the seasons happens to be the Death and Return of Superman, that he won't be the villain of the story, but will be someone who wants to take on the mantle of Superman.

BTW, going through the spoilers before I got this issue, I don't think anyone had mentioned the secret character that does Chloe-2 in. At first, I thought it was an Alexander Luthor who was evil like our Luthor, but I have a feeling it's The Monitor.

"The Crisis is coming."

The Monitor is not evil though, he just watches stuff as they happen, if he does show up it will be to stop the evil version of him....The "ANTI"-Monitor (who is the Crisis in Crisis on Infinite Earths which started the whole multiple Earths stuff lol)

^Anti-Monitor? It'd be a nice way to promote GL:TAS. Loljk.

I'm very curious about this crisis storyline and how he's going to go about it. I'm hoping Pete makes an appearance somewhere down the line, I miss him.

As much as I would like that I doubt they want to do anything with pete at this time. More so all the trouble the pete actor has gotten into. And I am sure wb/dc wouldn't want to get mixed into that.

^ You never know. They could kinda change his likeness. BQM said on the SHoE that we'll meet some "friends" returning in episode 4/5, I think. I think he said 3 has a hero new to Smallville.

I just hated Pete's "return" in Season 7.

ya i wouldnt mind seeing pete back and all that. But it would for now be wise to leave him be. But friends probably means the jl guys which i am sure would be bart/ac/cyborg. as for another new hero i wonder who it would be.

Season 11 issue 1 reprint cover.
fo0yv9.jpg

that is a sweet reprint cover and nice tie to finale comic.

Isn't that costume wrong? Great cover nonetheless

Isn't that costume wrong? Great cover nonetheless

He had that costume but he changed it to put a lead plate above his heart. Though keep in mind that the last scenes of the Finale were 7 years later, while the comic is 6 months after Clark pushes Apokolips away from Earth. So by that time years later he might've went back to the old costume.

I really don't care much about the costume. Superman is Superman. They changed Batman's costume too but nobody freaked out about it.

I really don't care much about the costume. Superman is Superman. They changed Batman's costume too but nobody freaked out about it.

Batman's costume is adaptable, Superman's costume isn't. Because Batman's costume is basically Black in color he can change from tights to an armored bodysuit and it looks good. Superman's colors are primary colors and because he's invulnerable he doesn't need an armored so his new 52 costume doesn't make much sense. Although the Smallville suit works pretty well both in design and reason.

I agree batman has reasons to change for function and protection superman looks remained mostly the same forr its history for a reason.

I agree batman has reasons to change for function and protection superman looks remained mostly the same forr its history for a reason.

Agreed Webhead2006, Before the DCnu relaunch Superman's costume had basically been the same design since 1938, with a few minor changes here and there. Batman's on the other hand has change several times over the years.

Last edited:
Batman's costume is adaptable, Superman's costume isn't. Because Batman's costume is basically Black in color he can change from tights to an armored bodysuit and it looks good. Superman's colors are primary colors and because he's invulnerable he doesn't need an armored so his new 52 costume doesn't make much sense. Although the Smallville suit works pretty well both in design and reason.

Doesn't matter to me one way or the other. "Not being adaptable" is what doesn't make sense. They changed his suit in MoS and it doesn't look bad. I think fans should finally take their heads out of their you know what. And I apologize for being disrespectful but I'm getting tired of fans' constant complaining. If they don't like his new costume, they simply shouldn't pay attention to it.

Last edited:
JosephCAW said:
The Monitor is not evil though, he just watches stuff as they happen, if he does show up it will be to stop the evil version of him....The "ANTI"-Monitor (who is the Crisis in Crisis on Infinite Earths which started the whole multiple Earths stuff lol)

Well yeah, he wasn't in the original Crisis, but later like in the forgotten Countdown and after that with Final Crisis, they were villains. And don't forget, Bryan Miller could change a number of things. Hell, it could be the Monitor who killed Chloe-2, and becomes the main villain of the Crisis, that it leads to the public appearence of the currently secret Justice League.

That is, if...a) thats the plan, yes, but b) that is the monitor.

Pepsiguy2 said:
^Anti-Monitor? It'd be a nice way to promote GL:TAS. Loljk.

Or...Green Lantern in Smallville; the first appearence of the character from the Smallville universe. I just don't know about Wonder Woman for Season 11...maybe 12? I guess it just depends.

Ya and I hate the bs armor suits/dropping of trunks. I get there reasons why they did it mostly I believe to change things to lessen issues with copyright crap. But I hope once all that is over we can see trrunks return. Its like the mos its almost perfect good colors, boots, cape, s shield just missing trunks.

the armor suit is garbage, I've said it millions of times in the past year, think of Superman as a tank ok......and the armor suit is a bullet proof vest......does it matter if you put a bullet proof vest on a tank.....no...it looks stupid beyond measure....thats what the New 52 suit is.

I dont love the "Man Of Steel" suit....but in comparison to what we currently have in the comics its 10 billion times better, at least it looks similar to what he should be wearing lol

oh and on a side note.....I want that re-print cover issue lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"