Beyond the Trilogy: Where would you take the characters?

henzINNIT

Superhero
Reaction score
If you were to help break future stories, what you would you have liked to do with the characters from Raimi's trilogy?

Have Peter quit his job at the Daily Bugle and work at to Alchemax. Have a crime lord like Kingpin or Silverman get upset that Spider-Man is jeopardizing his business, and create or hire supervillains like Scorpion, Vulture, and Kraven.

Curt Connors would take the symbiote Peter gave to him to the lab, and try to use it to create the lizard formula, as well as the carnage symbiote.

Sandman would join the Wild Pack to atone for his crimes.

tumblr_inline_n2hcpeTGma1s16be1.jpg

I've become obsessed with the idea of Peter and MJ going to couples councelling. I've never been interested in ending their relationship, but they have serious issues that would be amusing to tackle head on.

There's too many funny possibilities to the scenario also. They have a good deal of regular relationship turmoil to sift through, but they'd obviously have to skirt around the Spider-Man issue as well. I can see Bruce Cambell being the perfect, probing annoyance in true Raimi style.

And Gwen. Not a romantic interest, but I liked Bryce Dallas Howard a lot and her and Peter could have a nice friendship. Hell, maybe even pair her up with MJ (who's never really had friends on-screen).

Have Peter and MJ get married.

Have MJ not be a *****.

Have whatever villain Raimi wants to use (Vuture, probably).

The rest I don't know, I'm not a writer.

Yeah I would have liked to adapt the wedding, with electro as the villain.

I would have actually like to see Peter and MJ split...at least for a little bit. Let's say that MJ goes to California to try and make it in Hollywood and Peter stays in NY and falls for the Black Cat. After a while,they both realize that they belong together and eventually end up getting married.

I always liked "What if?" using Sam Raimi's trilogy, but I think the way the story would continue would be with Peter and Mary Jane rekindling their friendship and love. Peter was still working at the Daily Bugle and found Ben Urich and his nephew Phillip Urich, who wore the New Goblin cloak. (I don't know about you guys, but I would really like to see Phill becoming a hero, as he did in the 1990s), Peter would face new villains such as Macabro Goblin, Lizard, Carnage, Mysterio and Sinister Sixth. Maybe one of my most interesting plans is a Goblin Wars, think about it. Now that Norman and Harry are dead, who could drive Oscorp? And also the most important and if that person thinks if the goblin equipment? Of course Phil became the new elf, but as a hero, so it would be brilliant if this person were Roderick Kingsley the Hobgoblin.

I’ve been thinking about possible sequel ideas that I could maybe do as a fanfic one day.

Since the third movie was about forgiveness, I was thinking maybe the fourth one could’ve been about acceptance and redemption.

I’d have the Vulture as the villain, and maybe have him as a sort of dark parallel to Peter Parker. Maybe he’d also be a person that got frequently bullied as a kid and suffered a family tragedy but he went down a darker path. His motivation would be greed. He would believe that the world is an ugly place, and the only way to survive is to acquire money/status. He sees society as a survival of the fittest type situation. He’d build a flight suit, and go out and rob banks so he can build up his fortune and criminal empire. His main motivation for going after Spider-Man would be get him out of his way so he can continue building his empire.

I’d introduce the Black Cat as his stepdaughter. She would start out as a villain but after getting to know Peter, she’d have a change of heart and help him take down her father.

Peter would be depressed and ashamed over his actions with the symbiote in the last film. He’s having a hard time living with what he did, and he’s desperately looking for a way to make up for everything he’s done.

As for Peter and MJ, I don’t think it’d be a realistic for them to get back together after what happened in the third movie. However, I’d still have her in the story as Peter’s friend and someone he can confide in.

Last edited:
Peter = The weight of being Spider-Man continues to burden him but he never entertains quitting because it is his destiny, his curse despite the toll it's taking. He thinks more and more about the people he's lost as Spidey (Ben, Norman, Otto, Harry, etc.) with the main villain of 4 (Vulture) exploiting this after figuring out his identity while also sending Black Cat to seduce him to no avail after she has a change of heart; After being buried alive by Kraven in 5, Peter hallucinates/dreams of those he has lost as he goes back and forth in his head about staying in his grave to die before fighting his way out to save Curt Connors' life even at the cost of his own

MJ = Amicably splits from Peter between 3 and 4, while remaining friends, as she goes to Hollywood to become a moderately successful actress; Peter reaches a low point at the end of 4, spurring MJ to reunite with him at a funeral and they get married soon thereafter; The series ends at 5, where she tells Peter she's pregnant

JJJ = Peter quits the Bugle for a better job, leading to a hilarious running gag in 4 where Jonah tries to win Parker back but to no avail; Despite this, the Bugle staff is invited to Peter and MJ's wedding; Inadvertently lures Kraven the Hunter to NYC with a bounty in 5 after several Lizard sightings go unanswered by Spider-Man, who JJJ finally realizes has been Peter all along and prints a positive cover story about at the end

May = Is revealed to have cancer in 4 and deteriorates throughout despite her caretaker, Felicia; Passes away at the end after revealing she knew Peter was Spider-Man all along but her death brings Peter and MJ back together; Appears as a hallucination to Peter in 5, encouraging him to press on as Spidey alongside Uncle Ben and Doc Ock while the memories of Eddie Brock and the Osbornes serve as deterrents

Oscorp = Goes out of business in-between 3 and 4 but has it's military technology recycled by criminals known as The Sinister Six (Adrian Toomes, Felicia Hardy, Quentin Beck, Herman Schultz, Aleksei Sytsevich and Wilbur Day), supervillains that are eventually defeated consecutively by Spider-Man

Ditkovich = Finally gets his rent as Peter's new job in 4 pays better and is invited to the wedding in 4; MJ's job as an actress allows her and Peter to move into a house together at the start of 5, allowing for an emotional but hilarious goodbye at the apartment

Sandman = Is revealed to have turned himself in between 3 and 4, landing in Ravencroft; Rejects Vulture's offer to take Black Cat's place in The Sinister Six and break out as he teaches the villains during a game of power that with great power comes great responsibility by telling his story of facing Spider-Man

Gwen = Grows to become friends with MJ and ends up dating Flash around the time of her father's funeral in 5

Connors = Peter goes to work for him as his assistant in 4; Is seen working in his lab and is revealed to have turned into The Lizard at the end; As the main villain of 5, his wife and son looking for him puts extra pressure on Parker to actually save him rather than let him die like previous villains; Gives Captain Stacy a fatal heart attack during a chase into the sewers; Following this, Kraven takes out Spidey and tries to hunt the monster down with lethal intent; Peter uses an anecdote to turn Connors back to his human form and does not send him to Ravencroft (Vulture, Mysterio, Rhino, Shocker, Stilt-Man and Sandman are already there) with Kraven like expected, allowing him to be the family man he always wanted to be

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"