Black Canary vs Black Widow fight

JAM_ONIT

Civilian
Reaction score
here's page 1 of the 4-page Black Canary vs Black Widow fight based somewhat on this Wizard magazine depiction
LAST MAN STANDING
Comic battles you never thought you'd see: Black Canary vs. Black Widow

THE PLAYERS...The daughter of the original Black Canary, Dinah Laurel Lance is a highly trained acrobat and hand-to-hand combatant, possessing advanced belts in many martial arts disciplines.
Natasha Romanova, a descendent of the Russian royal family, was a successful ballerina when she was recruited by the KGB and trained in the ways of espionage to become the super-spy called Black Widow.
THE BATTLE... While on the trail of smugglers in the former Soviet Union, Canary and Widow mistake one another for metahuman muscle and the fur starts a’ flyin’! The two expert fighters begin a dizzying ballet of combat: First up is plain ol’ fisticuffs, followed by akido and judo. Neither Widow nor Canary can get the upper hand, so it’s time for something more exotic. Former ballet star Widow unveils a capoeira move, a Brazilian form of dance-like combat. Canary counters with a corno breton throw, a type of Cornish wrestling similar to judo. Natasha, pressing her agility advantage, adopts a gen seiryu strike, a type of karate that stresses tumbling and somersaults. Knocking Canary off her feet, Widow fires her Widow’s line to try and snare Dinah. Canary dodges it, collects the cable, then throws a sonic screamer at the feet of Natasha, disorienting Widow with sonic overload. Canary swoops in, using her skills of hojo jutsu (art of tying) to bind Natasha in her own Widow’s line, leaving her immobilized. Dinah leaves to take out the smugglers, looking like the cat who just swallowed the canary.

BlackCanaryvs.jpg

Lookin good, as always. :up:

I don't understand how everyone except me can get their pencils that smooth.

Sweet ass work though, dude.

These are fantastic! I think black canary would win.............

page 2
BlackCanaryvs-1.jpg

Oh and bypass the fishnet/no fishnet issues, because I'm not sure if i want to have them or not, so I'm experimenting with both looks. I can easily add or erase them

Lookin good, as always
Thanks, I'm trying

Love your stuff Jam. You ever ink any of these?
I don't think my inking does any justice to my pencils, plus it's too time consuming for me, so I go straight to color sometimes. I would love to see someone practice their inks and colors on them

These are fantastic! I think black canary would win.............
Well if I follow that script....

I don't understand how everyone except me can get their pencils that smooth.
I dont think that they are that smooth, but glad someone thinks so. I'm going to do something I rarely do, and post some of my secrets that have helped my pages
-I use either a 0.3 or 0.5 mm mechanical pencil for xtra figure detail
-I go to online stock image sights (ghetty,inmagine, etc) and search for all types of images and angles that may come in handy and save them to a folder for reference. Here's some of the clean/clothed material I used for page 2
10196927.jpg

55964320.jpg

72197069.jpg

untitled.jpg

doing this helps to correct anatomy issues as well as adding more dynamic angles and movements.

I hope this helps someone else like it has me.

yeah... that one crotch shot is a LITTLE intense... other than that, these are FREAKING AMAZING. Very cool use of real pics. If you continue to use other photos you should post em. Its fun to compare.

PS: just took a closer look @ page 3... it is ridiculously sweet. great job all around!

-I use either a 0.3 or 0.5 mm mechanical pencil for xtra figure detail
-I go to online stock image sights (ghetty,inmagine, etc) and search for all types of images and angles that may come in handy and save them to a folder for reference.

I do exactly that, but my pencils are always kinda sketchy. How do you scan? And what kind of paper do you use?

Great stuff man.

Got links to those stock image sites?

yeah... that one crotch shot is a LITTLE intense... other than that, these are FREAKING AMAZING. Very cool use of real pics. If you continue to use other photos you should post em. Its fun to compare.

Maybe I'll put some up after page 4 is done, but I would have to edit many of them down to pg-13

I do exactly that, but my pencils are always kinda sketchy. How do you scan? And what kind of paper do you use?

I scan with a Canon ultraslim. Do to it's size limitations, I scan the top half first, then bottom and "stitch" them together.
I use the Blue Line Pro Traditional art board(yellow package cover w/female type warrior on it) It's 3-Ply, which I now prefer.

Got links to those stock image sites?

http://www.istockphoto.com/index.php
http://ghettyimages.com/source/home/home.aspx
http://www.inmagine.com/

or just google stock photos

Bah, all of those are pay sites (from what I can tell). I guess I'll stick to DA for stock stuff.

Bah, all of those are pay sites (from what I can tell). I guess I'll stick to DA for stock stuff.

page 4
BlackCanaryvs-3.jpg

Now to decide on the next fight to do from the list....

Zatanna vs Scarlett Witch (basic power) 3-4 pgs
Hulk vs Lobo 2-4 pgs
(clear winners)
ideas are welcome and I want the hulk/lobo to be violent, i.e knifehook gashing, limbs flying type of ****
modify_inline.gif

I am thinking that i may want to settle the Zee/Wanda fight first. Some ideas that have been bounced around:

I also wonder could the hex power somehow reverse a Zee spell? If Zee says for wanda's mouth to dissappear (a la Neo in Matrix 1) could the hex turn it and make Zee's mouth dissapear instead?

Absolutely. She could alter reality so that she changed one phrase, "Scarlet Witch" to be, "Zatanna." Therefore, Zatanna would have actually said her own name and sent a spell at herself.

It would be cool to show Scarlet Witch trying to be restrained about how she uses her powers, get annoyed and finally just turn things around on Zee.

I think it would be uber-cool to have Zatanna be throwing spell after spell at Wanda and have Wanda BARELY surviving and doing minor hexes to just knock Zatanna off her game. The ending (for me) would be to have Zatanna get frustrated and throw out an all-encompassing spell that captures Wanda, covers her mouth so she can't speak, binds her hands so she can't do spells... and in the last few panels, when Zatanna goes to check on her and gloat a little, Scarlet Witch makes direct eye-contact and...

Last panel shows Wanda walking away and Zatanna ties up where Wanda had been... basically Wanda had used her power to alter realiy and switched places

I am thinking that they could both be in a trance in their own respective HQs, trying to probe the time egg and have them meet in a astal/cyber plane where their powers still work, and go at it there, and the non-winner would be snapped back to their real body, realizing the possible outcome should they meet in the physical plane
modify_inline.gif

Here is a Supes vs hulk fight that has been submitted to me for consideration

Superman, for whatever plot-induced reason, appears in the skies of some random or maybe not-so-random city. You decide. He barely has time to ponder just what's going on when he quickly picks up signs of trouble. Somewhere in the city, there's a wave of widespread panic. The military is desperately trying to evacuate as many people as it can from the area in the ensuing chaos, cornering off what can only be described as a scene of total destruction and mayhem. Superman quickly follows the trail of wreckage and finds himself face to face with...the Hulk.

The Jade Giant is grumpily sitting on a roughed up park bench and eating himself a large stash of hotdogs until Supes shows up on the scene. Hulk immediately growls and eyes Supes with utter contempt on first sight. Supes tries calmly questioning the Hulk before anything. He can hardly finish a sentence before having to casually dodge a hot dog vending cart ( with Wolverine's face as the logo ) angrily tossed his way. GO AWAY. LEAVE HULK ALONE!Superman of course tries reasoning with the brute yet again only to get socked hard in the face for his efforts. HULK SAID TO GO AWAY, FUNNY LOOKING S MAN!

Sorry, but I can't do that. Not while you're putting innocent lives in danger and tearing up this city. Dusting himself off and rubbing his chin, Superman takes note of the Hulk's formidable strength and quick temper. The questions will have to wait.Bah! Puny humans attack Hulk first after Hulk was forced to stupid city. Now you hound Hulk too. Just like Winghead. You have red cape like Winghead...Hulk bets you are friends! Stupid looking people always hounding Hulk. And like always, HULK HAS TO SMASH!

Hulk comes out swinging, tearing up the surrounding area. However, Superman is able to evade his wild swings fairly easily thanks to his considerable speed. Hulk can only continue to lash out out in frustration. Upon witnessing firsthand Hulk's violent destructive power, Supes notes that it'd be best to finish things quickly. He proceeds to throttle Hulk with superspeed punches until a beleaguered Hulk can only fall back stunned beyond belief.

All right, pal, had enough? Ready to calm down so we can talk this out?

Rrrrgh..No, Speedy S Man. Hulk... only getting angrier. And the angrier Hulk gets, the stronger he gets !

At which point, Hulk unleashes a thunderclap that bathes the entire area in a shower of shattered glass and debris. Supes is flung away holding his ears, his superhearing having made him especially vulnerable to the impact. He barely has to time to gather his bearings before Hulk looms in from behind and clubs him down with a blow that leaves Supes reeling. Pulling a shellshocked Supes out of a freshly made mini-crater, he traps him from behind in a vice and begins to crush the life out of Supes.

Supes remarks that Hulk seems to have gotten stronger somehow. He manages to collect himself and puts into motion his escape. He fires off some high intensity heat vision downwards towards the area Hulk's feet, melting the very asphalt of the street and causing flame and ash to rise. With Hulk jumping and squirming about from a case of scorched feet and distracted by the blaze, Supes seizes the opportunity to ram the back of his head into Hulk's nose with a loud krack, following things up with a superspeed spin that finally forces Hulk to lose his grip, jetting him into a nearby building.

Hulk promptly erupts from the rubble, bellowing and livid with fury. Supes decides it's time to start getting a bit more serious. That barely slowed the brute down. All right! Kids gloves are off. He unleashes a torrent of high intensity heat vision. Hulk screams in agony and staggers backwards from the onslaught, the surrounding environment reduced to cinders. However, he soon grits his teeth and begins to plod forward with resolve, his anger anger building and his cries of pain yielding to snarls of rage. A stunned Supes can only marvel at the creature's determination. As he begins to close in, he grabs hold of a nearby lampost and uses it to club a stunned Supes and end his relentless attack.

Superman, down but not out, manages to pull himself together and dodge another vicious swing from the Jade Giant. He lays into Hulk with a series of powerful punches. Hulk, now stronger than before, is bloodied and staggered yet able to withstand the assault to Supes' astonishment. The Green Goliath catches Superman's oncoming fist and asserts enough pressure on it to bring the shocked Kryptonian to one knee. A roaring Hulk attempts to batter Supes with his other fist, but Supes manages to barely intercept the blow with his free hand, the sheer force and strain take a heavy toll on a visibly shaken Man of Steel. Unngh!..Great Scott! His strength.. k-keeps increasing. He might be as strong as Doomsday. Maybe stronger.....Got to...got finish this now!"

The last shot of the fight is a closeup of a bruised and battered Superman, his eyes glowing red, still grappling with a berserk Hulk glowing green with gamma radiation, his nose pouring blood from Supes' earlier headbutt. All of a sudden, Hulk is teleported away for whatever plot-induced reason.

Superman is last seen helping with cleanup in the city while holding his injured wrist, looking into the horizon and wondering what became of the creature. Wherever he went, I only hope he found some peace Hulk, meanwhile, looks away from the reader and heads back solemnly into the wilderness...*tear*

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"