Black Panther The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of the actual movie.......

Will Klaue or Kilmonger likely survive this movie or will we see then killed off like so many adversaries? I am still forlornly hoping for some kind of villain team-up and there is still after 17 movies hardly a half dozen left alive.

Have Jordan or Serkis hinted at a return?

Here's the kicker....

The stuff we've seen in the Black Panther trailers.......are ALL things we've seen in Iron Man films over the years. The main difference is that it's an entire nation instead of just one guy and the tech has an African aesthetic.

Stark has aircraft that looks like spaceships
Stark has self driving cars and cars that he can control remotely
Stark has interactive holograms
Stark has armor that can form around his body that's stored in a smaller container
The energy released from T'Challa's suit doesn't seem that different from a repulsor blast

Obviously there are things in the film that we haven't seen yet, but people are complaining about the stuff in the trailer being "Too much".

Why is it ok for Stark to have this stuff but as soon as it's shown in Wakanda it's too much?

Why is it ok for Stark to have this stuff but as soon as it's shown in Wakanda it's too much?

I dont would play the black Card. I think it is more the idea that an African Country is a Technology leader, which is very unbeliveble in our world. An cognitive conflict because MCU felt based on our world normally.

Firstly everyone needs to ease back on throwing names around.

Secondly I suggest anyone commenting on Wakanda and it's tech take a look at the source material, that is what the movie is adapating, one of the biggest aspects of Wakanda is that it's a big secret, something covered in the trailers.

The MCU is pure fantasy on every level and this film is adapting it's source material, to take such issue with the only all black race we've seen in the MCU being technologically advanced comes off badly, there's no two ways about it, please think about that before posting.

Wonder why nobody ever asked to tone down anything from Stark.
It's not like the technology in the Iron Man movies is more plausible.

On my part, I will accept criticism of Wakanda's look only from people who also pretend to have Banner rip his underpants when hulking out. :o

I'm not joking.

Besides, why exactly Wakanda isn't controlling the whole world which is just way behind them?

They chose to isolate themselves and stay away from the rest of the world.

Not sure what's so unbelievable about Wakanda in-universe when they hoard exclusively vibranium, which is not only wealth but also tech enabling.

Gieferg, you need to take it down a notch, you can keep saying you're not what people are claiming but you are coming off ignorant of the source material and peddling a double standard in regards to what accepted "realism" is in the fantasy world of the MCU.

1019476-751762_panther0016a_super.jpg

tumblrnyni2nyrsi1u496xso3r11280png-6da45a_1280w.png

centralwakandajpg-652e19_1280w.jpg

Why would you tone down a country with awesome flying cars and spaceship to a semi-advanced-developed country? Wakanda is known for their High Tech, it won't be wakanda without the futuristic designs.

It also takes away all the uniqueness from Stark. Besides, why exactly Wakanda isn't controlling the whole world which is just way behind them?

Guess what? Stark is not so unique, Wakanda is.
There is literally no reason why that is wrong, you may not like it but no way around it: if you see that as wrong, it's probably for one precise reason.
It's not even a departure from the comics, so no alibi there.

Why would Wakanda automatically be an imperialist power just because they could?
They're isolationists, again just like in the comics. But you knew that.
To me it seems like you can't stand a fictional black culture superior to your.

Edit: After all it would have taken in the past just one person of Stark level genius to give Wakanda their technological advantage building from their vibranium resources.

Last edited:
1019476-751762_panther0016a_super.jpg

tumblrnyni2nyrsi1u496xso3r11280png-6da45a_1280w.png

centralwakandajpg-652e19_1280w.jpg

Why would you tone down a country with awesome flying cars and spaceship to a semi-advanced-developed country? Wakanda is known for their High Tech, it won't be wakanda without the futuristic designs.

This should put a fullstop to this, they are adapting the source material, simple as that.

I dont would play the black Card. I think it is more the idea that an African Country is a Technology leader, which is very unbeliveble in our world. An cognitive conflict because MCU felt based on our world normally.

Yes, Gods, Hulking green beasts, battle suits that shoot megabeams, space traveling talking rodents, a steroid-induced soldier who can pull down helicopters, a guy who can bend and alter reality at will...

yes VERY based on our world.....

Can we stop this asinine debate and get back on tangent please

space traveling talking rodents

Am I the only one who found it annoying that Rocket never corrected anyone about raccoons not being rodents? That must be the taxonomist in me speaking.

Anyway, to reiterate my question that got lost in the posts, do we know how the new suit (and aspects of the old one, like the claws being retractable) actually works command-wise in any medium? Is there some neural connection or is it voice-activated? It looks too skin-tight to be in any way manually controlled.

Also, [BLACKOUT]the Border Tribe raise rhinos. Are we just going to skip over that?[/BLACKOUT]

From Hannah Beachler's portion of the Collider interview (http://collider.com/black-panther-t...cial&utm_medium=social#costumes-ruth-e-carter):

Speaking of tribes: “The Border Tribes, which is the front for Wakanda, what people outside of the world, in our world, will see of Wakanda, is your traditional huts, your traditional Lesotho huts, your traditional mud huts.

There’s a really interesting wrinkle to this particular tribe though, as Beachler explains: “One different thing is that they raise rhinos. I spent a month in South Africa and South Korea, and Ryan and I actually got to see – it was like 200 feet away – this giant white rhino named M20. There was another one, another male, named Satan [laughs] and we just – they’re like, ‘Satan’s right around the corner,’ and I’m like, ‘Well, we should be in the car. [Laughs] Because that’s where I want to be right now.’ So pull around the corner and we see this magnificent animal out in the middle. And the first thing Ryan does, because he’s such an adventurer, is hop out of the car. The guide was like, ‘You know, he can be over here in four seconds from 200 feet away.’ And he’s like, ‘Well, what – come over here, what will he do?’ And the guide said, ‘Well, he’ll put his three-foot horn through the door and flip the car like a matchbook.’ So we all got back in the car [laughs] and we found it very comforting to take pictures from that distance away. But he really loved that, and he was like, ‘M20, we just gotta have that, we just gotta have that.’ So that’s being incorporated in a really fun way.”

The only thing I agree with Gieferg is that they could have benefitted by shooting on real locations. Seeing Hollywood actually integrate CGI with real African locations would have really made it look different.

I mean it looks great, but a bit soundstagey as well.

Other than that I'm blown away by some of the trolling going on.

Oh totally. My doctor dabbles in interdimensional magic in his free time. He is also a secret Norse God.

Am I the only one who found it annoying that Rocket never corrected anyone about raccoons not being rodents? That must be the taxonomist in me speaking.

Anyway, to reiterate my question that got lost in the posts, do we know how the new suit (and aspects of the old one, like the claws being retractable) actually works command-wise in any medium? Is there some neural connection or is it voice-activated? It looks too skin-tight to be in any way manually controlled.

Also, [BLACKOUT]the Border Tribe raise rhinos. Are we just going to skip over that?[/BLACKOUT]

From Hannah Beachler's portion of the Collider interview (http://collider.com/black-panther-t...cial&utm_medium=social#costumes-ruth-e-carter):

Speaking of tribes: “The Border Tribes, which is the front for Wakanda, what people outside of the world, in our world, will see of Wakanda, is your traditional huts, your traditional Lesotho huts, your traditional mud huts.

There’s a really interesting wrinkle to this particular tribe though, as Beachler explains: “One different thing is that they raise rhinos. I spent a month in South Africa and South Korea, and Ryan and I actually got to see – it was like 200 feet away – this giant white rhino named M20. There was another one, another male, named Satan [laughs] and we just – they’re like, ‘Satan’s right around the corner,’ and I’m like, ‘Well, we should be in the car. [Laughs] Because that’s where I want to be right now.’ So pull around the corner and we see this magnificent animal out in the middle. And the first thing Ryan does, because he’s such an adventurer, is hop out of the car. The guide was like, ‘You know, he can be over here in four seconds from 200 feet away.’ And he’s like, ‘Well, what – come over here, what will he do?’ And the guide said, ‘Well, he’ll put his three-foot horn through the door and flip the car like a matchbook.’ So we all got back in the car [laughs] and we found it very comforting to take pictures from that distance away. But he really loved that, and he was like, ‘M20, we just gotta have that, we just gotta have that.’ So that’s being incorporated in a really fun way.”

Really hope that made it to the final cut. They haven't shown any footage of it so far.

Wait a second, MCU felt more like our world then the COMIC'S world to you?

Im sorry can you explain how that makes any sense?

:whatever:

I’d agree that there’s some sort of voice or neutral interface—though I suppose it could be more of a physical assist/biofeedback control (i think one of the Alien movies used this to ‘control’ the big lifting rig.). I just hope they don’t address it awkwardly—leaving it unexplained is fine to me, but I’m easily distracted by shiny things and explosions :woot:

Really hope that made it to the final cut. They haven't shown any footage of it so far.

The only thing I've seen about it from "official" Marvel sources is a Lego set that [BLACKOUT]features Okoye riding one.[/BLACKOUT] I thought it was pretty cheesy -- [BLACKOUT]especially since it looks like it's wearing armor[/BLACKOUT] -- but having read what Beachler said about Coogler's seemingly reverent experience with M20, I think they'll find a way to incorporate it in some meaningful way. [BLACKOUT]Plus, rhinos are going extinct, so why not? I don't know if rhinos are important figures in any African cultures, but I'm not opposed to having something like that incorporated. (There's also a toy set that features black leopard mechs, which is extra cheesy but it is in the comic books and could be cool if executed properly on-screen, maybe something more along these lines: https://crazyasian1.deviantart.com/art/Mecha-Leopard-Breakdown-409067997 As a random plug, you should check out other stuff from this artist on the basis of it just looking hella cool.)[/BLACKOUT]

Said Lego set image:
maxresdefault.jpg

And the panther mech toy:
DJKtkGrUEAA9ClY.jpg

Last edited:
On the subject of the actual movie.......

Will Klaue or Kilmonger likely survive this movie or will we see then killed off like so many adversaries? I am still forlornly hoping for some kind of villain team-up and there is still after 17 movies hardly a half dozen left alive.

Have Jordan or Serkis hinted at a return?

I would guess at least one survive the film.

Surprised no one is talking about this. This Klaue/Killmonger stuff could be a bit spoiler/trailers a bit misleading after reading the set visit report.

[BLACKOUT]“It’s definitely not the relationship you expect from reading the comics. And as you said we like to be inspired by publishing but we also realize we’re building our own universe right? I think Killmonger and Klaue have two very different agendas and they do not line up perfectly. Whether or not these guys have a relationship is something we want you guys to learn. But Klaue in our mind is very reminiscent of the Klaue in the comics but clearly, his genesis is totally different. Andy Serkis who actually just started this week is an amazing performer and I think brings a different flavor to the tone of the film even than what Michael B. Jordan does. I think it’s going to be really fun.”
[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]"Klaue doesn’t really trust or work with anybody. He is his own man. He does deal with people, he interacts, but he doesn’t form allegiances or alliances to anyone. He’s very much ultimately a lone wolf, but as I was saying, he has these pop-up groups wherever he happens to be in the world. So, Killmonger and he aren’t working together."
[/BLACKOUT]

Some non-traditional story telling with flashbacks. Any clue as to what he means? Seems it won't be the standard flashbacks.
Executive Producer Nate Moore tells us that we will get a little bit of a sense of who T’Challa was like when he was a kid. It won’t be a significant part of the movie, but there will, in fact, be some exploration as to who T’Challa was before he became Black Panther. So looks like we’ll get an origin story. Moore also stated there will be a bit of non-traditional storytelling within the flashbacks. He elaborates that there will be some cool cinematic twists to take you back and maybe fill you in on what’s happened before.

https://blackgirlnerds.com/bgns-black-panther-set-visit-20-things-need-know/5/

In fact the non-traditional flashbacks makes me think of something King Nomarch was saying a certain character looking as if they were about to cry.

Last edited:
The only thing I've seen about it from "official" Marvel sources is a Lego set that [BLACKOUT]features Okoye riding one.[/BLACKOUT] I thought it was pretty cheesy -- [BLACKOUT]especially since it looks like it's wearing armor[/BLACKOUT] -- but having read what Beachler said about Coogler's seemingly reverent experience with M20, I think they'll find a way to incorporate it in some meaningful way. [BLACKOUT]Plus, rhinos are going extinct, so why not? I don't know if rhinos are important figures in any African cultures, but I'm not opposed to having something like that incorporated.[/BLACKOUT]

Said Lego set image:
maxresdefault.jpg

It's not supposed to be a "real" Rhino that's armored. It's supposed to be a rhino mech/robot. There's another toy of it as well.

Surprised no one is talking about this. This Klaue/Killmonger stuff could be a bit spoiler/trailers a bit misleading

[BLACKOUT]“It’s definitely not the relationship you expect from reading the comics. And as you said we like to be inspired by publishing but we also realize we’re building our own universe right? I think Killmonger and Klaue have two very different agendas and they do not line up perfectly. Whether or not these guys have a relationship is something we want you guys to learn. But Klaue in our mind is very reminiscent of the Klaue in the comics but clearly, his genesis is totally different. Andy Serkis who actually just started this week is an amazing performer and I think brings a different flavor to the tone of the film even than what Michael B. Jordan does. I think it’s going to be really fun.”
[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]"Klaue doesn’t really trust or work with anybody. He is his own man. He does deal with people, he interacts, but he doesn’t form allegiances or alliances to anyone. He’s very much ultimately a lone wolf, but as I was saying, he has these pop-up groups wherever he happens to be in the world. So, Killmonger and he aren’t working together."
[/BLACKOUT]

Some non-traditional story telling with flashbacks. Any clue as to what he means? Seems it won't be the standard flashbacks.

https://blackgirlnerds.com/bgns-black-panther-set-visit-20-things-need-know/5/

Yeah, it means not the standard way. Like when a character is reflecting or thinking and the film suddenly flashes back in time.

I honestly thought soul stone when I first read this or maybe something tech based or when T'Challa undergoes the HSH ritual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"