Black Panther The Official News and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Honestly to see BP win any Oscars at all is just satisfying but forreal BP I feel got robbed of Best Picture

I didn't think Black Panther was 'Best Picture' material but winning in all the categories it did is very well deserved. The music gives me goosebumps and the design overall was beautiful and original.
Well done. Wish this kind of films would get more recognition, the amount of work they have is insane.

52456036_2109845325764023_1683931903666683904_n.jpg

Honestly to see BP win any Oscars at all is just satisfying but forreal BP I feel got robbed of Best Picture

Well given that every other movie nominated (save Bohemian Rhapsody) is better than Green Book, imo, then I'd say they were all robbed.

Anyway, I'm more than pleased with BP winning 3 Oscars, making history in the process. What a run for this phenomenal movie.

BP being Academy Award winning it makes me wonder if they can outdo themselves for BP2

If Ryan and Marvel keep the same team I can see the sequel getting nominated and winning in the same categories as the first.

If they want another Best Picture nom or a nomination for best adapted screenplay, I think that’d depend on what kind of story Ryan tells. The first one tackled a wide range of topics and I doubt Ryan would want to repeat himself, although the topic of refugees and immigration didn’t get much attention.

I’d like to see Ryan adapt The Client/Enemy of the State which I think the first one already laid the perfect groundwork for and can be used to talk about issues like refugees and immigration.

If Ryan and Marvel keep the same team I can see the sequel getting nominated and winning in the same categories as the first.

If they want another Best Picture nom or a nomination for best adapted screenplay, I think that’d depend on what kind of story Ryan tells. The first one tackled a wide range of topics and I doubt Ryan would want to repeat himself, although the topic of refugees and immigration didn’t get much attention.

I’d like to see Ryan adapt The Client/Enemy of the State which I think the first one already laid the perfect groundwork for and can be used to talk about issues like refugees and immigration.

Enemy of the State is more Winter Soldieresque and I do hope they go that route

BP being Academy Award winning it makes me wonder if they can outdo themselves for BP2
I feel like if the movie focused entirely on Killmonger as the main villain it would have got best screenplay nod. Maybe even won best picture. I loved the Klaue stuff but they were having more "fun" with that then what oscar voters are use too.

It will be interesting if Marvel lets BP2 be "The Dark Knight" of the MCU. Where it feels even more different and grounded than the acclaimed movie before it.

I think Coogler can do it. However, can he come up with a story thats as compelling?

I feel like if the movie focused entirely on Killmonger as the main villain it would have got best screenplay nod. Maybe even won best picture. I loved the Klaue stuff but they were having more "fun" with that then what oscar voters are use too.

It will be interesting if Marvel lets BP2 be "The Dark Knight" of the MCU. Where it feels even more different and grounded than the acclaimed movie before it.

I think Coogler can do it. However, can he come up with a story thats as compelling?

I sure hope so

Maybe the sequel could be an adaptation of Sturm Und Drang?

That would be badass. I thought the encounter between T'Challa and Cull Obsidian was exceedingly underwhelming.

That would be badass. I thought the encounter between T'Challa and Cull Obsidian was exceedingly underwhelming.
^THIS. It couldn't have hurt for us to see at least a 30 second action sequence between the 2 of us.

You guys think the sequel might up the budget beyond the 200 million for the first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"