Black Panther The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVcvDpqWkAAzHHd.jpg

Black panther was super powered and super smart from 1966 to now. They just added the new suit in 1998. Always funny seeing people who don't read comics.

It's not as funny as reading obnoxious posts from people who don't know what they are talking about. I happen to own that comic along with other FF comics from the mid 1960s; including the first Inhumans runs. It's true he was very strong, agile, and probably about in the same league as CA (maybe a little more so). If you don't believe me, they are posted on my website (not all of them, but a good selection of them).

I think you mean reading posts from people not "seeing" them, but if one lacks written language skills, it's not surprising that they are unable to comprehend a comic book.

EDIT: And, by the way, I am very much looking forward to "seeing" the movie when it opens on Friday. It's a first day watch for me. BP was one of my favorite early characters.

Last edited:
:bp:

I said it before and I'll continue to say it again, what a great time to be fan.

As a kid, it was all I could hope for that they would make a big budget Spider-man or Batman movie, now not only have I got to see that, I get to see someone like the Panther, one of my faves since I was a kid.

A local theater has asked this group I'm part of to have some superheroes at the premiere so of course I'll be there and I'll be dressed in my Kirby-inspired Black Panther costume(I'm even going to be wearing the cape). :yay:

:bp:

I said it before and I'll continue to say it again, what a great time to be fan.

As a kid, it was all I could hope for that they would make a big budget Spider-man or Batman movie, now not only have I got to see that, I get to see someone like the Panther, one of my faves since I was a kid.

A local theater has asked this group I'm part of to have some superheroes at the premiere so of course I'll be there and I'll be dressed in my Kirby-inspired Black Panther costume(I'm even going to be wearing the cape). :yay:

LOL. I'd love to see some of the pics at the premiere.

LOL. I'd love to see some of the pics at the premiere.

Heh, I have a pic of me dressed as Panther for last Halloween at work for my staff (They are used to me being nuts, I was Wolverine the year before and Cap the year before that) and I tried to upload a few pics here but am having technical issues.

Heh, I have a pic of me dressed as Panther for last Halloween at work for my staff (They are used to me being nuts, I was Wolverine the year before and Cap the year before that) and I tried to upload a few pics here but am having technical issues.

I'm sure a clever guy like you will work it out. :woot:

I have a question for you too.

Is this going to be your act for the next few weeks as in relentlessly defending these trolls at all costs?

The person is clearly a troll, nitpicking on a movie he/she hasn’t even seen yet.

Trolls will say anything. Even if it makes zero sense or they have no facts.

yeah.....anytime there's a woman with spectacular abilities, some people fall back on the SJW BS. I didn't hear anyone talking about that when Thor was released. There's room for all kinds of characters.

This thread is, however, not reserved only for fans. If people have seen it and didn't like it, they are entitled to say why.
The post here and many other places on the internet have not seen the film and just want it to fail because it has black leads.

So is IMDB not considered as influential/important as Rotten Tomatoes because...

No one wants your trolling here. This is for fans.

Actually.....if you check out the title of this thread....it says - Black Panther The Official News and Speculation Thread - There is no mention of FANS ONLY in it. That means the thread is for discussion by EVERYONE.

Yes i'm going to keep calling out trolls. If you are not a fan of Black panther why are you here?

I don’t know if you’re doing it on purpose but you’re really reducing the excitement here at a time everyone has reason to be happy. So far BP is absolutely killing it in reviews, further than anyone’s expectations.

Ah nice one! Yeah we need to see pics. :woot:

Honestly, the reviews I've seen makes me wonder about the hype. People saying The Black Panther himself has a limited role and that it's all about how sterling the supporting cast turned out to be.

It seems like all the women can do no wrong and are beyond reproach. Having a 16 year old girl be "the smartest person in the MCU and way smarter than Tony Stark" SCREAMS one note SJW BS to me if I'm being honest. And anyone doubting a SJW element simply aren't facing what's being said in part. This review from a "family" site (Movieguide) has me wondering about what is actually hitting the screen...

"the plot gets a little too complicated, unfocused and talky, with too many characters, a few annoying politically correct canards..."

"On the negative side, BLACK PANTHER has a light romantic worldview with some politically correct content, including some revisionist history. For example, there’s a lot of talk about how oppressed black people are around the world. The movie blames this all on white European colonists, mostly because of slavery, but fails to mention that it was the Muslims who brought widespread slavery to Africa and that many Africans sold their brothers and sisters to the slave traders. There are also some comments about the allegedly bad social conditions in the United States, when, in fact, the social conditions in the U.S. are far better than the social conditions in other parts of the world, including many (if not most) African countries run by Africans today."

>>>>

"Dominant Worldview and Other Worldview Content/Elements:*Light Romantic, politically correct, liberal worldview with some Afrocentric revisionist history blaming mostly European whites for colonialism, mistreatment and many of the world’s ills, plus some feminist aspects and some overt ancestor worship/consultation..."

Don't get me wrong, I will be there with a large crowd of friends and family paying to see this film but I'm starting to wonder about certain aspects of this movie.

I love it. We’ve never really had a strong, smart black female character in these kinds of movies. The minute we do, it can’t just be a creative choice. It must be a “social justice pc crowd” that’s forcing it down our throats.

I love it. We’ve never really had a strong, smart black female character in these kinds of movies. The minute we do, it can’t just be a creative choice. It must be a “social justice pc crowd” that’s forcing it down our throats.

Its sickening.

Apparently the budget is 200 million. That's a colossal. Huge jump from under a million for his first film then $35 million to Creed and then onto this.

Whatever can be said, Chadwick is about to become a huge star and Coogler will be among the biggest young filmmakers in the industry now. Box office and critical clout can have him take any project he wants.

I'm happy for Danai. She deserves so much better than simply The Walking Dead.

I don’t know if you’re doing it on purpose but you’re really reducing the excitement here at a time everyone has reason to be happy. So far BP is absolutely killing it in reviews, further than anyone’s expectations.
To me, most of what I’ve seen here has been pessimism the closer we get to release despite the overwhelming praise it is receiving so far.

I'm wondering why they made Shuri 16 instead of a little closer to Letitia Wright's age at the start of filming, 23. I've always thought of Shuri as being maybe only 10-15 years younger than T'Challa, not the 20 they now have it in the MCU.

To me, most of what I’ve seen here has been pessimism the closer we get to release despite the overwhelming praise it is receiving so far.

Most people want it to fail but are acting like they loving the praise it's getting, When they are really upset.

I'm wondering why they made Shuri 16 instead of a little closer to Letitia Wright's age at the start of filming, 23. I've always thought of Shuri as being maybe only 10-15 years younger than T'Challa, not the 20 they now have it in the MCU.

Perhaps possibly, so that n the distant future, so she can take up the Panther-mantle.

She will become BP when Chadwick is done. BP is 25 to 30, so it's 10 to 15 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"