Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

good. I’ll probably pay for premium access 2-3 weeks later. hope they can stick to the releases of the future projects now

This is good news. I'm still not going to theaters but I might check this out at the local drive in.

LA is the huge part of the North American box office and theaters being reopened there even at half capacity is big news, and could convince Disney to keep BW in May even if it will never make as much money as it would’ve prior to the pandemic. We’ll have to wait and see what happens next.

If there is a funeral for Natasha, its probably a post credit scene and , I don't see a bigTony Stark size funeral either
Since this movie is a prequel, I think it's safe to assume the bookends will be present day MCU. And since this is a Natasha sendoff, I'm almost certain there will be a funeral during one of those. There was a pretty big outcry about her not having a funeral in Endgame. I agree that the funeral won't be big like Tony Stark's (I think it'll just be Yelena, Nick Fury, Hawkeye and maybe old Cap), but I don't think it'll be in an after credit scene unless it's 3x as long as the usual after credit scenes.

With the lack of promotion so far, I find it hard to believe it'll keep that May date still. As eager as I am to see it, I can wait a little while longer.

Since this movie is a prequel, I think it's safe to assume the bookends will be present day MCU. And since this is a Natasha sendoff, I'm almost certain there will be a funeral during one of those. There was a pretty big outcry about her not having a funeral in Endgame. I agree that the funeral won't be big like Tony Stark's (I think it'll just be Yelena, Nick Fury, Hawkeye and maybe old Cap), but I don't think it'll be in an after credit scene unless it's 3x as long as the usual after credit scenes.

I think it would have to be The Hulk as well. I am going to say Fury, Yelena, Clint Barton and his family (as she was close to them) and Hulk.

Since this film took place right after Civil War, it will be interesting to see what has happened to Yelena in the 7 years between the events of this movie and the final battle of End Game.

Why are people worried about the box office for this movie? It's not like it will have sequels either way, and it's not like the MCU is starving for money. It can afford to throw this one out for the fans to help maintain hype for the brand. They'll have plenty of billion sellers going forward, no point clinging to whatever drops they can squeeze out of this one. Just get it out ASAP and be done with it.

They should stick it on Disney + as a mini series broken down into several episodes to fill in the gap between Falcon and Winter Soldier and Loki. Seeing how popular WandaVision was, Black Widow could have lots of people discussing it around the globe.

Should they be doing some marketing now if its out in 7 weeks???

Also, why don't include Black widow's trailer in Raya's theater screenings?

I am confused by all of this.

They should stick it on Disney + as a mini series broken down into several episodes to fill in the gap between Falcon and Winter Soldier and Loki. Seeing how popular WandaVision was, Black Widow could have lots of people discussing it around the globe.

I imagine Disney can't change a movie to a tv miniseries without it being a legal headache.

And the reason why there's a gap between TFATWS and Loki is because The Bad Batch is airing between those 2 shows.

Should they be doing some marketing now if its out in 7 weeks???

Also, why don't include Black widow's trailer in Raya's theater screenings?

I am confused by all of this.
That's what I don't get if they really are sticking to that May date. No marketing, no press interviews...It's odd.

That's what I don't get if they really are sticking to that May date. No marketing, no press interviews...It's odd.
They don’t start heavy marketing til we get within a month of release. They already expended their extra marketing budget before. We got magazines and trailers already before it first release. They’re not about to just spend all that $$$ again, especially on a film they’re not gonna reap as much return from given the circumstances. You can bet by mid-April we’ll be inundated with the usual TV spots, and closer to May, plenty of interviews. I don’t know why y’all were expecting a ton of marketing in February/March for a May film we’ve already gotten so much promo material from.

Right now I expect all their marketing focus to be on F&TW. Then they’ll move on to Black Widow. That might also be partly why Loki was moved to June - to keep the marketing spotlight on BW.

They don’t start heavy marketing til we get within a month of release. They already expended their extra marketing budget before. We got magazines and trailers already before it first release. They’re not about to just spend all that $$$ again, especially on a film they’re not gonna reap as much return from given the circumstances. You can bet by mid-April we’ll be inundated with the usual TV spots, and closer to May, plenty of interviews. I don’t know why y’all were expecting a ton of marketing in February/March for a May film we’ve already gotten so much promo material from.

Right now I expect all their marketing focus to be on F&TW. Then they’ll move on to Black Widow. That might also be partly why Loki was moved to June - to keep the marketing spotlight on BW.
Much sense here. :D

What @Iceman said. Makes sense.

I imagine Disney can't change a movie to a tv miniseries without it being a legal headache.

And the reason why there's a gap between TFATWS and Loki is because The Bad Batch is airing between those 2 shows.

What bad batch is there? Inhumans and Iron Fist? :o

I have always believed that the reason that we haven't seen a big push for BW yet is because, THEY ALREADY DID THAT LAST YEAR!

it’s animated...it’s no a real new Starwars show (that would’ve been awesome)

I'll be disappointed if they don't go with a hybrid release. I get my second covid vaccine dose in a few days but most of my family hasn't received the vaccine at all and I can't risk their safety just to see this in theaters.

We (my country) won’t get BW in May. Numbers increasing again and cinemas won’t be open until maybe July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"