Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

Maybe. I figure kids are watching on D+ in either May or July. Kids don't have money, so a group of teens that normally would go to the theater together to watch Marvel films are now incentivized to pitch in, drop $30 and hang out a buddy's house and order $5 pizzas. Much better than the theater. And the 25-39 demo are the biggest theater goers, and they'll probably go as soon as theaters reopen. From what I understood, AMC is 99% open this weekend, so it's a curious move. But, oh well.

They need more time to promote the movie, which made me think they weren't confident that they would make that May date, otherwise, promotion would have already started, especially as WandaVision was wrapping up.

Meanwhile Luca is being released straight to D+ just likeSoul without a theater release.

They need more time to promote the movie, which made me think they weren't confident that they would make that May date, otherwise, promotion would have already started, especially as WandaVision was wrapping up.
I could see that if they were doing theatrical only. Then it makes all the sense in the world. But to heavily promote and then drop both day and date? I'm missing something.

I could see that if they were doing theatrical only. Then it makes all the sense in the world. But to heavily promote and then drop both day and date? I'm missing something.

COVID cases are back on the rise in certain states and we don't know what the status of COVID will be in July, so that may be the reason for both streaming and theatrical. There may be people who are uncomfortable going back to theaters but are big MCU fans. Shang Chi is straight to theaters right now.

Funny that the industry was up in arms and now Disney has released just about as many projects as WB has for streaming/say day release.

The issue with WB was that filmmakers and people involved were not informed of their plans for same day streaming and release. I would be shocked if Kevin Feige had nothing to do with the release date changes. He's likely heavily involved in the changing of the dates, informing Daniel Destin Cretton (director of Shang Chi) and Cate Shortland (Black Widow director) of the changes before they were announced.

Is there any chance they could remove the D+ release for July 9, if the vaccine rollout are more widespread in the neXt three months?

I wonder whether Cinemark will revolt and refuse to play BW now similar to Raya?

The issue with WB was that filmmakers and people involved were not informed of their plans for same day streaming and release. I would be shocked if Kevin Feige had nothing to do with the release date changes. He's likely heavily involved in the changing of the dates, informing Daniel Destin Cretton (director of Shang Chi) and Cate Shortland (Black Widow director) of the changes before they were announced.

That was certainly part of the issue but the industry was still up in arms over movies being released on small screen first/along with theaters.

Is there any chance they could remove the D+ release for July 9, if the vaccine rollout are more widespread in the neXt three months?
I think that would be dirty pool if they did that. They've committed. No chance.

Attaching Cruella's trailer to Raya and no BW's trailer made sense now.

I just hope this D+ premier strategy won't translate to "low" boX office numbers. As Raya's 23 million after three weeks is not giving me any confidence right now. I also read a theater chain in America refused to screen that movie. I hope that doesn't happen to Black Widow.

Imo, Disney+ has a healthy amount of subscribers getting their Marvel fiX with these shows. So I wish they didn't commit to this BW D+ release for July 9. Like I said the movie will be all over the pirate sites by then in crystal 4k. Not everyone is going to pay 30 dollars to watch a movie online.

I’m guessing there’s still a lot of people who pay that $30 though if they’re doing this with BW. They must have been happy with Raya numbers.

I’m guessing there’s still a lot of people who pay that $30 though if they’re doing this with BW. They must have been happy with Raya numbers.
I don't know if they are happy or else they would have done that to Luca as well.

I think its their way of putting more money into their pocket.

But I think this premium access for big movies is not going to last long especially when things finally get back to normal.

so sick of those ****ing delays. But finally Disney has set deadline for Feige.
Probably won’t get vaccinated until September, so probably Eternals will be the first movie in cinema again

this the mantra of the last 12 months...

What's the wait again between a movie having a price on Disney+ and then getting it for free?

So by early October it should be available on Disney+ at no extra cost

Episode 5 of Loki will drop the same day as Black Widow on Disney+

Like you said, well before the pandemic. If it was released in May of last year like planned it wouldn't have seen the light of day on Disney+
Right, but my point was that Black Widow would be premiering on disney plus. Circumstances. Nothing else really matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"