Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

My guess is to maximize profits as much as possible. I imagine even by July, there will still be a lot of people hesitant to visits theatres. Meanwhile there's already a lot of people now that have no issues going to the theatre, so by July I imagine that group will grow more with the vaccines rolling out to more people.

Europe's lagging well behind the US (and UK) on vaccinations dues to production issues and the US hogging most of the vaccines. I'm not sure I will have had my first shot by the time this comes out. It's cheaper and safer for me to buy this on Disney+.

Last edited:
Was hoping for May but I get it maybe more theaters will be open by that time and more free time for people. I know I am seeing Kong vs Godzilla and when I bought my ticket they block off the two seats next to me. They might be hoping that isn't the case in July. Shang Chi can move to February of 2022 I guess then Dr.Strange in May or June and so on.

The way the schedule is now they may cannibalize themselves with BW July, Shang Chi Sept, Eternals Nov, and Spider-Man Dec. I would still go after not having movies for a year but dang that would be a lot.

Wow 4 MCU movies in a span of 6 months plus the Disney+ shows. Great time to be alive!

We do that for the Flu anyways

Not in as high numbers. I've never taken a flu vaccine and I don't know many people that do. Then again, I'm Finnish, we get flu maybe once a year and it doesn't kill you.

Cinemas will be open her eyes before July so definitely gonna and see this one on the big screen.

Not in as high numbers. I've never taken a flu vaccine and I don't know many people that do. Then again, I'm Finnish, we get flu maybe once a year and it doesn't kill you.
Seasonal influenza kills approximately 250,000 - 500,000 people globally per year.

Those numbers would be much less if more people did get vaccinated.

Seasonal influenza kills approximately 250,000 - 500,000 people globally per year.

Those numbers would be much less if more people did get vaccinated.

It's overwhelmingly elders and again, it's not an issue over here. Pretty much everyone gets it once a year and healthy population is not at risk.

If things somehow get better by the summer, I'll head out to see it in theaters.

I'm still seeing this in a theater. I haven't broken tradition of seeing every MCU movie in the theater and I don't plan to.
Yeah I have seen every mcu film in a theater as well + Inhumans.

I don't plan to watch this for the first time in my room.

I’ve seen the majority MCU movies in theaters. I think about 5-10 of them I’ve seen on Blu-ray (or digital) at home for the first time.

This is why I think they're crazy for pushing it back and doing a day and date release. It seems the wiser move is to pick one strategy of how they want to make money off of this movie and move forward with that, not trying both.

But I suppose there a benefit to get the data on how these dual releases work out on bigger films so they'll know for future films.

I mean even in July some people wont go to theatres, so they cant do just theatres, and a weird number of people are insulted by the idea of paying the 30 dollars so I think this is the best option.

It's overwhelmingly elders and again, it's not an issue over here. Pretty much everyone gets it once a year and healthy population is not at risk.

And you know why the *non* healthy population *is* at risk?

Because people like you refuse to get the vaccine, and thus facilitate the spread of the disease.

Does the international box office numbers for Godzilla vs. Kong give us hope for the numbers for Black Widow? Or is it an outlier?

And you know why the *non* healthy population *is* at risk?

Because people like you refuse to get the vaccine, and thus facilitate the spread of the disease.

Our flu deaths are very small and it's easy to get sick leave for flu from work. The last time I had the flu was last year, about two-three weeks before the first Covid case was reported in my home town. I had two sick days because I "work" only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I was flu free in about a week.

In case it wasn't clear, I will definitely get the Covid vaccine when it's my turn sometime in June-July.

They ever do a final trailer back when it was originally suppose to be out? Wonder if they use the same trailers or touch them up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"