Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

The shows have yet to get this aspect right. Hayward was a 3/10 for me and Karli a 1.

Agreed. Karli was honestly the worst since Malekith. Agatha was by far the best from the shows so far (mostly thanks to Kathryn Hahn), but even she wasn't fleshed out enough IMO. We didn't get enough of a sense of what exactly she wanted to do with Wanda's power once she got it.

Here's hoping that Loki can improve in this department!

Agreed. Karli was honestly the worst since Malekith. Agatha was by far the best from the shows so far (mostly thanks to Kathryn Hahn), but even she wasn't fleshed out enough IMO. We didn't get enough of a sense of what exactly she wanted to do with Wanda's power once she got it.

I hope they get Taskmaster right as I've always wanted to see a live action version. I also very much want this film to succeed and bring the MCU back with a bang and getting back on to the path of having better villains would help with that, especially as ScarJo's BW has already been very well developed.

But yes, Agatha was awesome and she could have done with a bit more time and focus after the villain reveal. I hope we see her appear further in the MCU.

I hope they get Taskmaster right as I've always wanted to see a live action version. I also very much want this film to succeed and bring the MCU back with a bang and getting back on to the path of having better villains would help with that, especially as ScarJo's BW has already been very well developed.

But yes, Agatha was awesome and she could have done with a bit more time and focus after the villain reveal. I hope we see her appear further in the MCU.

I thought that there was a lot more character development of Zemo in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

I dunno about that one. I mean sure, we got Vulture, Killmonger and Thanos, but then we also got Ghost, Yon-Rogg, Tyler Hayward and Karli Morgenthau...

I thought Yon-Rogg was great! And Ghost would have been as well if Reed got rid of her horribly boring hour long (well, it seemed like it) backstory and kept her as a mysterious phasing assassin.

The D Plus show villains have been inconsistent. Hayward and Morgenthau were both awful. But Agatha and Walker were terrific, and both the Countess and White Vision showed promise. Hopefully Loki will do a better job with its Big Bad, if there even is one.

Last edited:
I thought that there was a lot more character development of Zemo in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
Zemo was great too but that wasn't much of a surprise as he was already very good in his previous appearance. I'm glad they went further with him though and he added a lot to the show.

I'm forced to agree.

Karli (and her storyline) single-handedly dragged down the entire Falcon and Winter Soldier series.

If they had gone with a more charismatic 'Malcolm X' type leader of the Flagsmashers and given them a more compelling cause, so much about the show would have been improved.

And it would have made more sense if the Flagsmashers were disenfranchised people who returned from the Blip, to find their homes, assets and finances all gone, and them not receiving adequate govt support. Karli's specific cause was rather silly and unrealistic.

E4isiZVVUAAywLN

I realize this gripe is small but hey, I'm a movie marketing and business nerd.

I thought they'd have released a proper theatrical poster for this by now, or at least the original theatrical poster with the July 9 date on it. The most recent posters are the teaser poster and character posters...

Not a problem. Just odd. Disney has been very consistent with the marketing for MCU films. Teaser poster with the teaser, then a traditional theatrical release poster with the 2nd trailer, along with character posters, IMAX poster, Dolby poster etc. sprinkled in.

I realize this gripe is small but hey, I'm a movie marketing and business nerd.

I thought they'd have released a proper theatrical poster for this by now, or at least the original theatrical poster with the July 9 date on it. The most recent posters are the teaser poster and character posters...

Not a problem. Just odd. Disney has been very consistent with the marketing for MCU films. Teaser poster with the teaser, then a traditional theatrical release poster with the 2nd trailer, along with character posters, IMAX poster, Dolby poster etc. sprinkled in.
The animated poster still counts.

Guys we are two weeks away from the first MCU summer movie release since Far From Home.
How excited are you?

Something Curious.
I am currently watching the Olympic Trials on NBC.
I just saw an ad for Black Widow that said the film is coming "in July".
No date.
Is it just that some of the ads don't emphasize the date?

Is it possible that they could delay this because of the Delta Covid variant?

July 9 isn't that far... however, covid cases can suddenly dramatically increase so much because of this highly contagious variant, before July 9.

July 9 isn't that far... however, covid cases can suddenly dramatically increase so much because of this highly contagious variant, before July 9.

Seems unlikely as the cast is in the middle of promotion and reactions have been released.

Won't happen.

10 days to release, tickets have been put on sale, promotion for the film is kicking in full force - TV spots, interviews, etc.

People around the world are also getting vaccinated quite fast - which is sufficient against the Delta variant.

Won't happen.

10 days to release, tickets have been put on sale, promotion for the film is kicking in full force - TV spots, interviews, etc.

People around the world are also getting vaccinated quite fast - which is sufficient against the Delta variant.
I tend to agree.
Especially, since the film will be simultaneously premiering on Disney Plus, July 9.
So Theaters or,Home.
People will have options.

Doesn't the review embargo end tomorrow?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"