• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

'Blade' 10th Anniversary in 2008!

Hypestyle

Superhero
Reaction score
the movie came out in August of 1998...

somebody needs to start some Blade conventions!

incorporate Blade celebrations into this years comics conventions! guest appearances by the cast members, including wesley snipes..

''Blade'' is very ''Low-Heroic''. It's a cult, per say.

No. Now he's... RUNAWAY.

On theathers 20-01

The Blade TV Series was very very very good just on the wrong network. Had it been on HBO, Showtime or FX it would still be on right now. You should pick up the series on DVD.

Yeah. This is a milestone, as Blade was the film the jumpstart the whole Marvel movie phenomenon.

I want a Blade origins movie (with Morbius as villain)!

Dammit, I thought there was a 10th anniversary DVD coming out.

Dammit, I thought there was a 10th anniversary DVD coming out.
Me too. :csad:

Though, it could still happen. I'll be keeping my eye out for Barbarella 40th Anniversary Edition as well. I'd be pretty amazed if neither those two won't come sometime this year.

Anyone ever watch the Blade: TV Series?

I only caught the first episode, which was alright. Never got into the series after that, and it was canceled before getting a second season.

Goyer was attached to several episodes to continue the Blade continuity.

The series started out a little slow, but got much better as it went on. I think it definitely added some good stuff to the Blade universe, even though my main criticism was that Blade wasn't as central to the plot as he should've been IMO.

I really enjoyed the House of Chthon and the vampire politics stuff, taken from the first Blade film.

As for the 10th anniversary it's amazing it's been that long. I definitely think Blade doesn't get the credit it deserves for launching this cycle of comic book films.

Happy 10th Anniversary 'Blade'

Bring on Blade 4, i dont want the movies to be closed with Trinity

I agree, I would actually put Blade right up there with Spider-Man and X2.

10 years already huh?...wow.

Coming out in 1998, 'Blade' started up the comic book movie buzz.
Rejuvenated, resurrected, restarted or revitalized maybe, but "started?" I would say there are too many comicbook adaptations from previous years for Blade to have that honour. :cwink:

Anyone ever watch the Blade: TV Series?

I only caught the first episode, which was alright. Never got into the series after that, and it was canceled before getting a second season.

Goyer was attached to several episodes to continue the Blade continuity.

I had the misfortune of watching the opening episodes.
Some of the worst acting and setup I've ever seen.

The Blade TV Series was very very very good just on the wrong network. Had it been on HBO, Showtime or FX it would still be on right now. You should pick up the series on DVD.

Wow... Even with personal taste factoring in, I can't see anything justifying that many uses of very.
I'd hate to have to watch something you found awful. :wow:

Rejuvenated, resurrected, restarted or revitalized maybe, but "started?" I would say there are too many comicbook adaptations from previous years for Blade to have that honour. :cwink:

He said MARVEL movies, not all comic book movies. In that regard he's right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"