• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Bought/Thought for 10/10/07: HEAVIEST OF SPOILER ALERTS!!

She cancelled it so we could set up a new account in a different name and save $40 a month. If that's wrong, I hope she's never right.

I believe Darthphere is insinuating that she fed you horse manure.

On a unrelated note, did anyone else see that Avengers elimination thread that just got closed. I mean holy ****.

Yes, I flagged the hell out of that nonsense. Back off topic, we'd talked about doing that with the cable/internet but never got around to it. She called about getting our wireless fixed, got pissed at the crappy service, cancelled it, and called me set it up in my name.

Well then she's not nearly the evil @itch darth made her out to be, which is a shame because I think you'd pair up rather well with an evil @itch.

I'd be afraid if I was with an evil *****. We'd start to compete and after time, that usually spells disaster for the rest of the world.

Wow! I just read Terror, Inc., issues #1 and #2...what a kickass comic!!! I definitely recommend it, and I really hope it gets picked up again. It fits perfectly with the Max line, and it would be awesome to see this character and Max Punisher meet in the future. Now, I've got to dig up my old Terror, Inc. comics from the 90's and re-read them....though, I doubt they are anywhere near as good. 9/10

I also read issues #1-4 of Super Villian Team-Up: Modok's 11. Not bad. I've read much, much worse this week. I love how each member of this team are all in it for different reasons, and you never know whom is going to try and double-cross who? (Or, is the who and whom the other way around?) 7/10

Fantastic Four #550 still sucks. I hate McDuffie's New FF; although, it sure wasn't very new. Reed and Sue were pretty prominent in every issue...at least writers of the past would make the missing character of the fantastic four more of an event. (Wasn't Reed supposedly dead for a good year a while back there?) This storyline (and especially this issue in particular) didn't grab my interest at all. Sometimes storywriters today just don't know when to keep it simple; and, this had so many characters popping up and making appearances that it really became overkill. At least the New FF phase is over with this issue. 5/10

Howard The Duck had a pretty good first issue. I love Howard's apathy towards everything...it's a hell of a lot better than last week's Captain Carrot and the Final Ark #1. The only humor in this comic is taking the DC world and comics in general and giving them humorous animal likenesses. For example, this issue's adventures are at the "Sandy Eggo Comic-Con," and there are plenty of name changes of popular characters and comic titles: Mad Magazine is called "Rabid," Vertigo is "Birdigo," Cartoon Network is "Cattoon Network," and Wildstorm is called "Wildstream." I remember reading the original Captain Carrot back in the day...I'll have to see if it was any better when the Showcase edition of all 20 issues comes out later this month. As for this, I'm seriously debating if getting all three issues is worth it. 4/10

Anyway, like I said, pick up Terror, Inc., especially if you are a fan of Punisher's Max title.

Terror, Inc. has turned out to be a really fun title. :up:

The "who" and "whom" in your MODOK's 11 review should indeed be the other way around.

Zircher's art looks a lot different from the Zircher I remember. It's good, though.

The "who" and "whom" in your MODOK's 11 review should indeed be the other way around.

Thanks...I used to know that rule when I had to take Grammar in college. It was amazing how many people either dropped out or got very bad grades in the class. I always got A's, and found the rules were pretty easy to follow once you knew them. It was always the people who wanted to understand why things were the way they were that had trouble.

Hahaha, yeah, prescriptive grammar doesn't have many answers. At least, not in the English we know and love. You've gotta go back to the French and Latin for most of them.

"Who" and "whom" is pretty simple, though. "Who" is the subjective form. It performs the action of the verb. "Whom" is the objective form. It receives the action of the verb. Hence, "Who kicked whom in the face here?"

Today's grammar lesson brought to you by the incredible anal retentiveness of TheCorpulent1, © 2007. :)

Hahaha, yeah, prescriptive grammar doesn't have many answers. At least, not in the English we know and love. You've gotta go back to the French and Latin for most of them.

"Who" and "whom" is pretty simple, though. "Who" is the subjective form. It performs the action of the verb. "Whom" is the objective form. It receives the action of the verb. Hence, "Who kicked whom in the face here?"

Today's grammar lesson brought to you by the incredible anal retentiveness of TheCorpulent1, © 2007. :)

You got me to listen to a grammar lesson at 8:50 in the morning? Now I have to find you and stab you in the right eye.

You didn't have to read it. Some part of you, deep down, must want to improve its grammar. It's okay. Give in to the temptation. :)

Corp is the grammar police. Except when he makes typos, himself.

I don't usually correct people on grammar unless they make a specific note that they're not sure about something, as Phaedrus did.

Or unless you're feeling more like the pretentious bastard that you are. :o

Shut up. I'm one of the nicest mother****ers on the Hype, dickbag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"