Breaking Bad - - Part 15

Great show, not sure if I completely bought into the Jesse vs Walt feuding and some of the actions towards in. Still definitely a worthwhile series. The most original show I watched in years.

One year ago today...

tumblr_nbykcdiPH91rrutvoo6_250.gif
tumblr_nbykcdiPH91rrutvoo3_250.gif

tumblr_nbykcdiPH91rrutvoo1_250.gif
tumblr_nbykcdiPH91rrutvoo5_250.gif

tumblr_nbykcdiPH91rrutvoo4_250.gif
tumblr_nbykcdiPH91rrutvoo2_250.gif

tumblr_nbykcdiPH91rrutvoo7_250.gif
tumblr_nbykcdiPH91rrutvoo8_250.gif

Magnificent.

I have only the last two episodes to re-watch now. I watched Ozymandias last night ... I was literally holding back tears during the scenes with Holly and the phone call between Walt and Skyler. This episode is perfection.

I may watch it again before I watch Granite State and Felina ...

I kind of feel like Hank being so immediately upset when discovering W.W. was in a way unfair. I mean, Walt always tried to protect Hank in every situation. Does Hank not even question WHY or how he got so deep into this mess?????????????? I think another season would have made more sense to show him breaking bad, as season 5 felt kind of condensed to me. I guess every show has missed opportunities. Even the good ones :o

I felt like Hank's reaction was pretty reasonable. Hank had spent the majority of the series chasing Heisenberg, and for Heisenberg to be a good he was so close to was an incredible betrayal and, as he said, it signaled the end of his career even if Walt got caught. I'm not sure sitting down and having a nice chat with Walt about why he was doing what he was doing mattered all that much with all that in context.

I kind of feel like Hank being so immediately upset when discovering W.W. was in a way unfair. I mean, Walt always tried to protect Hank in every situation. Does Hank not even question WHY or how he got so deep into this mess?????????????? I think another season would have made more sense to show him breaking bad, as season 5 felt kind of condensed to me. I guess every show has missed opportunities. Even the good ones :o

-Hank getting shot and almost permanently paralyzed
-The fakeout phone call about Marie being in the hospital
-The nursing home bombing
-The missing young boy (that was killed by Todd)
-Putting Walter Jr. and baby Holly in danger

If I were Hank, I would have been livid too. Walter White may be one of my favorite characters of all time because he is so complex and fascinating, but he is also a miserable and disgusting human being. There is no justification of building a big drug empire. None whatsoever.

Walter had so many opportunities throughout the course of the show to leave the business, too. He didn't want to, because even he admitted that he liked it.

I was rewatching Confessions last night. Man, Walt's "confession" tape still sends chills down my spine.

Dios mios!

Spanish Hank from the Univision version of the show finds out the truth while on the el-crapper.

[YT]AbeYwK3d99w#t[/YT]

I was almost certain Walt would explain that G.B was Gretchen Black, not Gail. I was kind of sad to see that wasn't the case, but I guess they had to wrap things up somehow.

Gretchen's last name was Schwartz, though that does mean black in German. But Hank had already compared the handwriting with Gail's in his notebook, the same notebook that had originally triggered the W.W.=Walter White connection in season 4. And Hank had already put all the pieces together before he confronted Walt about. Walt's response was really quite smart in that he never actually admits to it but still threatens Hank against telling anyone what he knew.

Dios mios!

Spanish Hank from the Univision version of the show finds out the truth while on the el-crapper.

[YT]AbeYwK3d99w#t[/YT]

That show is ending tomorrow. Crazy how the Latino viewers got the entire experience within two or three months.

I watched the end bar scene with Walt that leads to the finale, and it still holds up.

I'm not just saying this cause I loved the series, but I think another season was needed to wrap this up a bit better. You could see him changing a reasonable amount each season, then the last season he turned from 40-50% worse to like 80% worse. Not to mention that Hank doesn't even question why someone this seemingly nice in years past with the dying condition he was in, would get involved in this mess.

I second that "Nope".

I'll break the chain and say, "Okay".

I mean, I kind of get what you're saying, but I really think Hank's reaction was perfectly fine within the context of the events surrounding it.

After rewatching all seasons again, I come to the conclusion, once again, that season 2 is my favorite.

Last edited:
I'm planning on re-watching the series finally in the next week or two. Looking forward to seeing if Season 2 still holds up as my favourite season.

Season 2 is really the favorite for you guys? I'd lean more towards four.

Four is my favorite as well. I haven't watched any of the show since it ended though. Not sure why since I loved it so much while it was on, but I just haven't really felt the desire to watch it again.

I'm not just saying this cause I loved the series, but I think another season was needed to wrap this up a bit better. You could see him changing a reasonable amount each season, then the last season he turned from 40-50% worse to like 80% worse. Not to mention that Hank doesn't even question why someone this seemingly nice in years past with the dying condition he was in, would get involved in this mess.

I disagree with this, because between seasons 4 and 5, Walt became the king of his drug empire with Gus out of the picture. Hubris (and also desperation) is an amazing thing, lemmetellya. Walt was desperate to stay at the top after killing Gus, and he was willing to do whatever to stay at the top.

I think the final nail in the coffin for Walter White was during his phone call with Skyler, when he told her that "He won."

As for Hank, he doesn't question it once he started to put the story together. When he initially found out while sitting on the toilet, he was definitely in a state of shock. Afterwards he felt very betrayed and angered. I mean, the man was almost shot to death. Betrayal would be the first thing to come across my mind the second I found out a member of the family was responsible for these awful things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"