Bruce Wayne's public image

Spider-Kurt!

Civilian
Reaction score
In the next series of movies, what would you like Gotham's general perception of Bruce Wayne to be? More of a playboy? Philanthropist? How would it differ from the previous versions?

Slightly off subject but I really want to see Hugo Strange do case studies on both Bruce Wayne and Batman before coming to relise that they're one in the same. People's reaction to Bruce taking in Dick Grayson or Jason Todd as well as Jason's death is something I hope they explore.

Lastly, what would you think if they incorporated the idea of Bruce Wayne being Batman's financer?

Last edited:
I think that since we've got Ben Affleck playing Bruce/Bats anyway, it might make sense for Bruce Wayne to sort of be a celebutard. Annoying playboy dating the Kim Kardashian/J-Lo types getting caught by the paparazzi eating pizza and looking like a slob. The kind of dude who you just want to slap, and who gets nothing but hate on the internet. I mean, just look at the initial reaction to his casting. It almost broke the internet.

Now imagine that Batman were REAL, and in our world, and as bad ass as he's ever been.

Would you *ever* guess that celebutard Affleck *WAS* Batman???

The paparazzi angle makes it tricky, since obviously a guy who is constantly hounded is going to have a hard time sneaking away to be Batman.

But if there were a happy middle ground in which Bruce Wayne was kind of a Bono-esque, you-just-wanna-slap him ninny by day, and literally the most brutal, disciplined, ferocious hero at night... it'd be cool and believable.

If not that, he should have almost no public persona outside of the realm of the super rich people whose names you also don't know in real life.

Great ideas BattleAngel! The slightly tweaking your great idea,what about the idea of Bruce being a male version of Kim Kardashian in that everyone thinks he's just a rich ,talentless socialite and nothing more. This sort of reminds me of how Beware the Batman's business/public persona was partially inspired by Richard Branson. The idea of him being hunted by the paparazzi could make for a real fun scene.

Spider-Kurt!, that totally makes sense & agree that would be a fantastic scene. Actually, if there were a paparazzi element that he had figured out how to navigate around, it would lend even more credibility to his being Batman, because how could a guy with that much attention ever find the time to be Batman?

One of the things I thought made the most sense about the TDK movies was that subterranean lair he uses while the Batcave is being rebuilt. While the Batcave should always be the 'mothership' so to speak, I think it would make a lot of sense for him to have lairs stashed all over Gotham, and a small outpost or two in Metropolis. There could also be some sort of covert parallel subway system, or even a mobile lair through the subway system, so that he can pop up all over the city after last being hounded at some totally separate location. This kind of stuff could make for some really bad ass "secret switch" scenes... and hey... Affleck already had that fake library door in his own house!

Lastly re: public appearances outside of the Batsuit, I hope that in any eventual solo Bats movie, we get a few scenes of almost-impossible-to-believe-it's-Affleck disguises as other people, which is always a treat in the comics. Hard to pull off in a movie without doing the Mission: Impossible style fake-out, but if it could really be done with Affleck, that would be siiiiick. Jeremy Brett pulled it off countless times in the '80s Sherlock Holmes movies.

Anyway, sick thread. Hope more people get in on it.

Appreciated BattleAngel! I'm also really hoping that we see Bruce Wayne the planner who has hidden equipment, emergency supplies and operational bases in various locations not only in the high society areas but also the slums or wherever need be. If I'm not mistaken, aside from a brief scene in Batman Begins, we've yet to see Batman/Bruce Wayne as a master of disguise. This could be an opportunity for such.

I think I'd like to see the happy-go-lucky Bruce, playboy, but not Kardashian-like. Make him more the "nice guy who has fun" but isn't a *****e.

I've got no interest in any paparazzi angle in any of these movies. But i want public Bruce to seem kind of like an oaf. Basically the way he was in Year One

One of my favorite depictions of Bruce was actually in Batman Beyond, where he is rather menacing and a real businessman.

I think that would be a fresh take, a Bruce Wayne so menacing, no one would suspect him of secretly being a superhero, and no one is dumb enough to ask.

Bruce Wayne pretending to be an oaf never sat well with me. Playboy, sure. But not oaf.

One of my favorite depictions of Bruce was actually in Batman Beyond, where he is rather menacing and a real businessman.

I think that would be a fresh take, a Bruce Wayne so menacing, no one would suspect him of secretly being a superhero, and no one is dumb enough to ask.

Bruce Wayne pretending to be an oaf never sat well with me. Playboy, sure. But not oaf.

True, but that is also a much older and much more experienced Bruce Wayne.

That's true. But, what's to say he can't be an experienced businessman by the time he becomes Batman? There are plenty of fairly shrewd businessmen in their late twenties.

That's true. But, what's to say he can't be an experienced businessman by the time he becomes Batman? There are plenty of fairly shrewd businessmen in their late twenties.

I'm not doubting that, but I always took that older Bruce as what happened to BTAS Bruce as he grew older...most people change as they get older...I find it hard pressed to think a businessman is the same person at 27 that he is at 72.

i would say a mix of Animated Series and Nolan

would like to see more of his philanthropic side though

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"