Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel the Vampire - Part 3

As we're on the topic of Slayers and calling cards....what is everyones general opinions on the "origin" of The Slayer?

Did you like the reveal in S7? Hate it?
Would you change anything about the origin?
Should we have even found out about the origin?
I’m clueless as to any elaborations done in novels or comic books. But as far as the series is concerned, the origin of the First Slayer seemed suitably mythic and minimalist. Also, big picture theme: In the beginning, Slayer power was a creation of patriarchy (the prehistoric “Shadowmen”); and, by the end, Buffy had reclaimed this power for herself and then shared it among other women. So that was a somewhat satisfactory inversion. Off the top of my head, I can’t think of an alternate origin that would have been better.

I would love it if this got another season and they got back Seth Green to voice Oz.

Tomorrow there will be this new Buffyverse thing. I have no idea what to expect. It'll be nice hearing some familiar voices I'm sure.

Started listening to Slayers....James Marsters sounds like a rip off of himself from BTVS. He's doing a much deeper, more...cowboy English accent. It's weird.

Slayers being common knowledge in 2013 feels weird. I've always liked the public not knowing whats going on.

our new Slayer is newly awakened, a huge fangirl, and already getting fights....seems very on brand for characters nowadays.

but the spell awakening potentials so often could make such a good season of tv.

Alt.Anya being overtly good...is interesting. I would've kept her as a good vegence demon.

juliet still sounds great as Dru.

Oh...alt Tara is possessed by an alt.version and in a relationshipwith Drusilla!?! And she was in a relationshipwith Anya.

Oh this Cordelia had a sister! Named Sarah. Cordy fought The Master on prom night where he killed her sister/watcher/bf

their new take on Vegence demons is interesting. Demonic entity that merges with the human host to become 1. Anyanka is still "alive" but with no host.

Cordys Slayers are rooted in magic and they're able to sense magic.

They're saying that Sunnydale wasn't completely destroyed...the magic box is still standing

damn...The Master turned Cordelia sister and forced her to kill her.

looks like this Cordelia was with Jesse

Cordelia "in my reality I'm the only Slayer, not like your world where there's enough to give away with every purchase at Sephora"

I'm crying. Slayer Cordy is everything

Last edited:
So I've never used audible before and it's showing me a free 30 day trial. Is the whole story available already or should I wait a while to be able to hear the whole thing within the trial period?

So I've never used audible before and it's showing me a free 30 day trial. Is the whole story available already or should I wait a while to be able to hear the whole thing within the trial period?
Yes. Its all out

What we know thus far about Cordelias world:
1. Cordelia is the 1 and only Slayer. Called at age 15
2. The Master killed her sister/watcher/bf on prom night
3. Anya runs the magic box and is a witch
4. Tara is evil, tricked into using dark magic that corrupted her
5. Spike recently died
6. Dru is the "Queen" of Vampires
7. Cordy knew of Xander in high-school
8. Giles is dead (it's finally confirmed that he was Cordys Watcher)
9. Buffy never came to Sunnydale
10. Thus far no word on Willow
11. Slayers are totally in-tune with magic
12. Seems as if The Scoobies consisted of Cordelia/Anya/Tara
13. Ethan was a victim of Taras. All his magic drained
14. Amy is a captor of Tara's.
15. Jonathan is a ghost

Last edited:
so this is an AU story right, doesn't branch off from the show anywhere or anything?

What we know thus far about Cordelias world:
1. Cordelia is the 1 and only Slayer. Called at age 15
2. The Master killed her sister/watcher/bf on prom night
3. Anya runs the magic box and is a witch
4. Tara is evil, tricked into using dark magic that corrupted her
5. Spike recently died
6. Dru is the "Queen" of Vampires
7. Cordy knew of Xander in high-school
8. Giles is dead (it's finally confirmed that he was Cordys Watcher)
9. Buffy never came to Sunnydale
10. Thus far no word on Willow
11. Slayers are totally in-tune with magic
12. Seems as if The Scoobies consisted of Cordelia/Anya/Tara
13. Ethan was a victim of Taras. All his magic drained
14. Amy is a captor of Tara's.
15. Jonathan is a ghost

I know it’s an alternate universe but I still find it funny that

Amber Benson didn't want to play Tara/The First in Season 7 but is a villain on this project.

so this is an AU story right, doesn't branch off from the show anywhere or anything?

I think it’s flexible enough to be AU or canon post BTVS S7/Angel S5.

I really would like to see a second season of this but with alternating characters. Giving Oz and Darla some stuff would be intriguing.

It's not straight up AU. It picks up in the regular Buffy universe with characters appearing from an alternate universe. At least this is my understanding from the first episode.

ive never heard of the auverse that cordelia comes from i dont think?

Nah it's a new universe. Similar to what we saw in "The Wish", except it's not a 'what if Buffy never came to Sunnydale' situation and..
this is a reality where Buffy Summers never existed at all, where Cordelia was chosen in her place.

This is our first introduction to it. It's basically like the Wish!verse and when Vamp Willow crossed over.

Nah it's a new universe. Similar to what we saw in "The Wish", except it's not a 'what if Buffy never came to Sunnydale' situation and..
this is a reality where Buffy Summers never existed at all, where Cordelia was chosen in her place.

She exists, she's just not the Slayer.

Finally finished it just now. Overall I thought it was enjoyable enough. I didnt come into it with HIGH expectations which I think helped. The story was fun enough, they were able to keep it grounded for the most part and didn't shy to far away from the world JW and co. created and how happiness is hard to come by lol.

I think overall...Id give it a good 6.5/10. The script needed tightening up, voice work...some work but these arent professional VA and they're trying to replicate past performances. I wouldnt mind getting a sequel.

Some last spoilers with this new universe we were introduced to:
We finally hear about this AU!Willow. She's a strong witch in this universe as well and has been captured by Drusilla for some time and held captive.

AU!Giles....who everyone thinks is dead, is actually a vampire! Dru turned him. So I assume SPike/Dru were with The Master when he wrecked Cordys life.

Everyone sans Giles remains in the AU!verse (I guess we can call this the audible verse lol) which means going forward, this will take place there

Anyas overall story...I found it intriguing but didnt like how it ended.
throughout this entire thing they have our Anyanka attempting to merge with Audible!Anya in order to feel the joy of vengeance again. I was hoping the two would merge creating a new type of demon and allowing Anya to travel between the two worlds easily but after A LOT OF hijinks, they just sent Anyankas spirit back to the main-verse. Has little to no interaction with the main story playing out throughout the 9 episodes

I'm on like episode 4 I think. Nothing amazing, could do with an edit. It has some fun moments, and it's nice to hear their voices, Caulfield and Carpenter are particularly good fits for audio.

She exists, she's just not the Slayer.

I believe some press releases said she didn't exist, but I haven't finished the story yet so apologies for the fake news ha

I saw a picture of Alyson and Alexis after a practice session for DWTS (taken 10/24). I thought Alexis looked like Hugh Grant until she mentioned that it was her 20th wedding anniversary.

Man I feel OLD.

I wish Disney would make a new Buffy for the next generation. I mean First Kill had potential, but it needed better writing.

I wish Disney would make a new Buffy for the next generation. I mean First Kill had potential, but it needed better writing.

I honestly can’t see anyone other than SMG playing Buffy. She did name drop Zendaya as a different Buffy in one interview— and that is intriguing and kinda awesome.

I honestly can’t see anyone other than SMG playing Buffy. She did name drop Zendaya as a different Buffy in one interview— and that is intriguing and kinda awesome.
Smidge isn't the only Slayer in the Buffyverse. Who's to say there can't be another Slayer who happens to be named Buffy. As long as Whedon stays the **** away along with his self-inserts.

That was supposed to be the premise of the new show they were developing a few years ago. Basically BtVS the next generation taking place like 15 or 20 years later where the main character was actually named Buffy in honor of Buffy Summers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"