By the Bristling Beard of Odin! The Thor Thread - Part 2

I haven't read much of anything else by Fraction so I might as well ask - has he ever written anything worth reading?
His work on Immortal Iron Fist with Ed Brubaker is definitely worth reading. Hell, the whole series is.

I'm enjoying Hawkeye, but it can also get to be too much at times. Other than that, I don't know if I can suggest anything else. Let me check his wiki for a second.

Oh yeah, Invincible Iron Man was good for World's Most Wanted and Stark Disassembled, but the rest was okay. I did like the idea of Stark Resilient.

Everything else is either okay or I haven't read.

Casanova is brilliant, but that's creator work, not tied to either of the big two

I've had Casanova on the backlog for a while now. I should really read it, if anything, for Moon and Ba's work (can't wait for the deluxe edition of Daytripper next year).

lol wow we made a new thread?

Yeah, I know right? Took long enough. This thread used to be jumping on a daily basis. I guess folks are majorly content with Aaron's Thor.

I know I am. I mean how many times can you post how terrific a book is...? It seems like the threads that are busy are the ones that have people complaining in them.

*cough* X-Men....

Remember back when the JMS run started? We'd have a new thread every other day at times lol

For those of you who don't get OUT of these threads, Walmart has a clearance rack of $3 tees, got these two the other day
e4jz.jpg

Remember back when the JMS run started? We'd have a new thread every other day at times lol

For those of you who don't get OUT of these threads, Walmart has a clearance rack of $3 tees, got these two the other day
e4jz.jpg

I just bought that Avengers t-shirt

So there's a Galactus arc planned after the current Malekith/League of Realms stuff ends. I'm excited. It's confirmation that Galactus comes back to the main universe pretty soon, plus, if even Fraction could come up with a solid Galactus arc, imagine how awesome Aaron's will be. :D

So if Galactus is coming back, is he bringing anyone from the Ultimate Universe with him?

My bad, I remembered it slightly wrong: It's actually Old King Thor who's fighting Galactus in the future. Present Thor is dealing with Roxxon alongside the new SHIELD agent/scientist who's clearly being set up as his love interest. So Galactus will come back to the main universe someday, but it could be a thousand years from now, for all we know. :csad:

So there's a Galactus arc planned after the current Malekith/League of Realms stuff ends. I'm excited. It's confirmation that Galactus comes back to the main universe pretty soon, plus, if even Fraction could come up with a solid Galactus arc, imagine how awesome Aaron's will be. :D

Amazing probably. Can't wait.

So if Galactus is coming back, is he bringing anyone from the Ultimate Universe with him?

Probably :down:

Galactus is going to have severe indigestion after eating that crap sandwich known as the Ultimate universe.

I finally got the latest issue in the mail. I've got to say, I'm glad the Malekith arc is over. No disrespect to Jason Aaron, I just didn't find the story very compelling. That said, the last issue tied things up nicely and had a cool moment for Thor, but I'm more looking forward to what comes next.

It wasn't a bad story. There wasn't any real sense of dread as with the previous Gorr and Godbomb arc's. It felt more like the obligatory Malekith story that writers need to squeeze in on their run, telling a story with an established villain of the character.

Next issue brings back the younger Thor. I miss Ribic's art terribly though. Thankfully he's coming back for the Roxxon arc starting with issue 19. Thor 18 will have Das Pastoras. He uses this watercolor style that should fit the book nicely.

It wasn't a bad story. There wasn't any real sense of dread as with the previous Gorr and Godbomb arc's. It felt more like the obligatory Malekith story that writers need to squeeze in on their run, telling a story with an established villain of the character.

My sentiments exactly.

Next issue brings back the younger Thor. I miss Ribic's art terribly though. Thankfully he's coming back for the Roxxon arc starting with issue 19. Thor 18 will have Das Pastoras. He uses this watercolor style that should fit the book nicely.

There is only two weeks between 17 and 18, right? The next one comes out Jan 29th, I think. I'm glad it's a short wait.

Some belated Valentine Day humor starring Thor & Sif with special guest star Captain America -

w41h.jpg

I've never really read Thor comics before but I was thinking of picking up some when I was in the nearest comic shop. Any suggestions for good reading? Or if the current run on Thor is good?

The current volume has been outstanding. If you're looking for any older stuff, Walt Simonson and Dan Jurgens runs are the way to go.

Tom DeFalco's run with Ron Frenz too but that didn't feature the real Thor for most of it. They replaced him with the guy that ended up being Thunderstrike. It was still good, I just don't want to mislead you.

JMS's and Gillen's run was what made me a fan of Thor. Definitely worth the read.

Dan Jurgens' run got me into Thor, but at this point I'd recommend just starting with the first issue or trade of God of Thunder. Jason Aaron's putting out some of the best Thor comics of all time right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"