Cable Cord Cutters Thread: Sling, Hulu, YouTube TV, Netflix, and more!

Anyone with YouTube TV noticed how low quality the DVR recordings are? I was watching Better Call Saul and I thought some of it looked really bad. Blurry backgrounds and even some of the close ups looked pretty low quality.

I'm not a videophile by any means but it was really noticeable. I don't have an issue with streaming via Hulu, Disney+, etc. so I don't think it's my internet connection

The DVR recordings only record what's given to them from the networks (not just YT TV) and almost all the time, the networks deliver poor video quality on their live tv shows. That's why the VOD version is a lot better.

But for me I just use my VPN to stream Better Call Saul's new season from UK's Netflix (which is in 4K).

I'm still confused that the NBA finals are presented by Youtube TV and yet... we don't get the finals in 4K. It's still in 1080p.

I got that, it only shows live 4K on certain programs. It's just weird to me that the NBA Finals has Youtube TV advertised throughout it and yet they don't offer those games in 4K.

I got that, it only shows live 4K on certain programs. It's just weird to me that the NBA Finals has Youtube TV advertised throughout it and yet they don't offer those games in 4K.
Welcome to the world of streaming. Where we're still treated as the red-headed step child in TV land.

I re-subscribed to Netflix so I can binge Stranger Things but instead of the standard plan, I got the basic plan for $10. I wasn’t sure about the 480p resolution at first, but (and this may sound sacrilege to some) I can’t really tell the difference between that and the resolution on the standard plan. Kind of wondering why I didn’t go for the basic plan sooner.

I re-subscribed to Netflix so I can binge Stranger Things but instead of the standard plan, I got the basic plan for $10. I wasn’t sure about the 480p resolution at first, but (and this may sound sacrilege to some) I can’t really tell the difference between that and the resolution on the standard plan. Kind of wondering why I didn’t go for the basic plan sooner.
I can tell the difference, but I also got my mom an 86" TV because her eyesight isn't so good these days. For me, I get so involved in whatever I'm watching (given that I like it), that, at some point, I stop really noticing.

i got a trial for youtube tv :facepalm:

tbh i got it for the NBA finals. is there any other reason to keep it?

It has the best TV channel lineup compared to Hulu Live, an unlimited DVR (sometimes it'll replace recordings with OnDemand, though), cheapest Live TV streaming option with most of the broadcasting channels, not completely tied down to home location like Hulu Live is, and that's about it.

If you still want live TV, there’s no better service. If you don’t care about live TV, then no.

I don’t even know what’s on Live anymore lol
My mom just uses it for her HGTV shows lol. My stepdad uses it for sports. I’m on their family plan so I don’t pay for it at all. If not for that, I wouldn’t have it. I pretty much only use it for BBC America at this point (because I ain’t paying for AMC+), and occasionally Superman & Lois, if I’m home early enough.

My mom just uses it for her HGTV shows lol. My stepdad uses it for sports. I’m on their family plan so I don’t pay for it at all. If not for that, I wouldn’t have it. I pretty much only use it for BBC America at this point (because I ain’t paying for AMC+), and occasionally Superman & Lois, if I’m home early enough.
I have pretty the same situation. So I sometimes watch live TV. I've recently
subscribed for Frndly TV free trial. However, don't want to continue. Tried to contact their customer support at https://frndly-tv.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html, but still can't get rid of it.

Last edited:
After Better Call Saul wraps up I might pause my YTTV until the NBA starts back up. I really don't use it and even though I split my costs with my brother it's still $32.50 a month that I don't use. Already am planning to cut my Netflix as well after Stranger Things 4 is done

cnt09of8adb91.jpg

I liked Amazon's interface. And I loved the X-Ray feature

HBO Max is the worst. As I read once, it's like the app is mad at you for using it. And for some reason it's the only app that ever needs to buffer

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"