SHH FAQ! Avatars, Sigs, Custom Titles, Infractions, and More! New Members READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malice

BMFH
Reaction score
ALL users have groups associated to them. Primary and Secondary.
Many things on this board, function off of the users Primary Group.
Groups and their permissions are as follows:

Level 0
Users in this groups have between 0 and 1 posts.
  • Cannot use Custom Titles
  • Cannot use Signatures
  • Can Download Attachments
  • Cannot upload Attachments
  • Cannot upload Avatars
  • Cannot post new threads
  • Can reply to existing threads
  • Has a PM Mailbox limit of 25 Messages
Level 1
Users are in this group when they have 2 posts.
  • Cannot use Custom Titles
  • Cannot use Signatures
  • Cannot upload Avatars
  • Can post new threads
  • Has a PM Mailbox limit of 75 Messages
Level 2
Users are in this group when they have been a Hypester for a week.
  • Can use Custom Titles
  • Cannot use Signatures
  • Cannot upload Avatars
  • Can post new threads
  • Has a PM Mailbox limit of 100 Messages
  • Can upload a Social Group Icon [200x200, 100k filesize]
Level 3
Users are in this group when they have been a Hypester for 2 Weeks and have made 100 posts.
  • Can use Custom Titles
  • Can use Signatures
  • Cannot upload Avatars
  • Can post new threads
  • Has a PM Mailbox limit of 125 Messages
Level 4
Users are in this group when they have been a Hypester for 1 Month and have made 300 posts.
  • Can use Custom Titles
  • Can use Signatures
  • Can upload Attachments
  • Can upload Avatars
  • Can have Avatars with a 50 x 50 dimensions
  • Can have an Avatar that is 20KB large
  • Can post new threads
  • Has a PM Mailbox limit of 150 Messages
Level 5
Users are in this group when they have been a Hypester for 3 Months and have made 1000 posts.
  • Can use Custom Titles
  • Can use Signatures
  • Can upload Attachments
  • Can upload Avatars
  • Has a PM Mailbox limit of 200 Messages
  • Can have Avatars with a 75 x 75 dimensions
  • Can post new threads
  • Can have an Avatar that is 46KB large (default for other is 20KB)
Level 6
Users are in this group when they have been a Hypester for 6 Months and have made 2000 posts.
  • Can use Custom Titles
  • Can use Signatures
  • Can upload Attachments
  • Can upload Avatars
  • Has a PM Mailbox limit of 200 Messages
  • Can have Avatars with a 100 x 100 dimensions
  • Can have an Avatar that is 80KB large (default for others is 20KB)
  • Can post new threads

Question 1: I have the right number of posts. How come I still can't get a sig/custom title/avatar/etc.?
Answer: There is a series of scripts that run on the board and run only ONCE EVERY 30 minutes. This script promotes users from one level to another. This means, if you post your 100th post, you will not suddenly have the abilities of the Advanced Users-Level 3 group, UNTIL this script runs. So basically, you will have to wait up to a half hour for this to happen.

Question 2: Why am I getting flooded with emails from threads I posted in?
Answer: Subsciptions. You have the thread subscribed WITH sending you IMMEDIATE email. This means the moment someone posts in the thread, you get an email. The only way to change it, is change your Subscription Method in your Profile then DELETE the subscription that is sending you the email, and re-subscribe it (in that order).

Question 3: Why do some users have a + next to their name in the Whos Online list on the bottom of the main page?
Answer: Those are users you have on your Buddy List. Simple.

Question 4: How big can my attachments be, and what can I attach?
Answer: 50KB files is as large as you can go. You can upload the following files, bmp, doc, gif, jpg, pdf, png, psd, txt, zip - Be careful with the ZIP format.

Question 5: How do I find out whether or not my buddies in my Buddy List are online?
Answer: Click on "Quick Links" at the top of every page (next to "Log Out") and, at the drop-down menu, click on "Open Buddy List". A list of your buddies shall appear, indicating who among them are online and offline, with a checkbox next to each name for you to send a PM to them.

Question 6: Attachments, what size and file type can be attached?
Answer: 150KB is now the max size. As for file types...
bmp, doc, gif, jpg, pdf, png, psd, txt, zip

Question 7: How did I get a referral? Did I break a rule?
Answer: Whenever a new user registers onto SuperHeroHype, there is a line that they can fill out called "Referrals". That's simply asking "Who on this site told you about it?". Who referred you to this site? It has absolutely NOTHING to do with behaviour WHATSOEVER.

Question 8: Why can't I have a signature/avatar/custom title?
Answer: Simple. You've not posted enough, or been here long enough. See above for post requirements.

Question 9: How big can my sig be? Can I have an image in my sig?
Answer: Signatures can be no larger than 5 or 6 lines in normal font size. Multiple lines of extra large type [size 5 or higher] or excessive spacing is NOT permitted [this, however, is not such a big deal if you include SPOILER tags in your signature, since in these tags, they do not stretch the page]. If you choose to have more lines, or wish to have two or more YouTube videos in your sig as well, you may do so, providing you place it in a spoiler tag. Violators will be warned ONCE to change the sig. If the sig is not fixed, the poster will lose the ability to have a signature.

Question 10: I'm tired of being SHHPoster61284. Can I get a name Change?
Answer: Yes, only by specific Administrators

• PM Hunter Rider or C. Lee
Question 11: Why is there a usergroup that is not allowed to post a new thread?
Answer: Its a security feature. We have started having having bots and automated scripts posting on the forums. They never reply to existing threads, they create new ones. This allows us to not allow brand new user accounts to post new threads, but can reply to them. Once they hit 2 posts, they can then start their own threads.

Question 12: How do I write custom text for a link, or even add an image to my post?
Answer: All your bulletin board code can be found here. If you look at the bottom of any thread, it's the first link under "Posting Rules".

Last edited by a moderator:
Infractions:

1) What -is- an infraction, anyway?
A) Defined as a "breach; violation; infringement of the rules". Basically, you did something we generally don't allow, and got caught. Infractions are generally valid for about a period of 2-7 days, dependant on the severity of the offense. Any infraction given is marked not only on your account, but also documented for the moderator staff to review and have a record. Any infraction or warning is documented in a forum in the mod section, and every staff member sees and reviews most infractions regardless of who gives it. Any infraction that we feel is serious enough for a ban, or a general repeat troublemaker does get discussed before anything drastic is done.

2) What do you mean, 'valid' ?
A) Every infraction you get has an expiration date. Some are 3 days, some are longer. Everytime you get an infraction, it's documented on your account. When an infraction is valid, it counts as a point. A certain amount of points at a time can earn you a probationary ban. If, for example, you were to get two infractions one day, and then the very next day, get another, you will have earned yourself a day off. If, however, you get two, and then don't get another for two weeks, then you're fine, since the points have expired. There is a caveat, however. The actual infraction will NEVER expire - it will be on your account until the account is physically removed from the website entirely. If you were a cut up early on in your career, and you calmed down, any infractions you get will still add to your total. The site will automatically ban a user with 10 infractions, though any infractions that have been reversed should not count towards that number. If, however, through some fluke or act of weirdness, you ARE banned, and your number of valid infractions are less than 10, then contact us, and we can review it.

3) Why did I get an infraction for this, and another poster didn't, even though it's basically the same thing?
A) The short answer is, it's up to the moderator, as well as your history as a poster. If you're a model poster who happens to slip up and post a pic with a censor bypass, we may just delete and warn, especially if the censored word isn't especially super vulgar. Alternately, if you've got a long history full of times you've been a smartaleck, or have been skirting the line like a kid holding his finger in front of your face saying "I'm not touching you!", then you're most likely gonna get infracted for this. Often times, depending on the severity of the incident, you may just get a warning [either in the thread, or an offical one - more on that later], but this is not guaranteed, since, again, this is entirely reliant upon the moderator in question.

4) What I said was a gag between me and my friend! Why did I get infracted for it?
A) If "I meant no harm" was a valid defense, we wouldn't have a prison system. It's not always whether or not the person the comment was directed at was insulted, but the fact that since this is a public board, a fellow user can be insulted, even as an innocent bystander. Examples of this is if you see an old friend post, and reply "Whaddap, my n***er?!" That'll get you infracted, dare I say, by any current staff member.

5) But "this Mod/or this Administrator" has it in for me! He/she won't be fair to me!
A) All infractions that are given are automatically sent to our "Infraction Forum" and are seen by the other moderators, administrators and site owner. If any of us feel that it needs further discussion we have that discussion. BUT, If you feel as if you received an infraction unfairly, you can come to any admin , or even a different moderator, and the infraction will be looked at. While not a promise that it will be over-ruled, we do understand that sometimes things seem to be a bigger deal at that moment than they are twenty minutes in the future, or that you may have already been disciplined by a different staffer.

6) What is a warning?
A) It's just that. It's not an official "You're in trouble!", but moreso an "If you keep this up, you will be". Warnings [Offical and non] are documented on your account, and in the case of offical warnings, they are also documented in the same manner that infractions are. If a warning has already been given related to a certain thing, such as censor bypassing, then an infraction is a lot more likely to happen.

7) What's the difference between an official warning and an unofficial one?
A) Official warnings are given to you just like an infraction is. You get a PM titled "You have received a warning" with a copy of the post, as well as a note from the staffer who issued it, explaining why it's against the rules. Unofficial warnings are ones that are given by staff members in a thread, or in a user-to-user PM, instead of using the installed system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back