• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Cameron, Bigelow, Jackson, Tarentino...

Nivek

Avenger
Reaction score
...Reitman, and Daniels on Directing.

I found this on Marketsaw, and wanted to share. The talent at that table, damn...

Clip 1

Clip 2

Clip 3

This is pretty damn cool...

I would actually sell my soul and my body to sit at that table.

They all seem really grounded and just flat out cool...

lmao at quentin dissing digital in front of cameron :D

i so want to see a debate between Tarantino and Cameron about digital.

there should be around the world some theaters that will be able to play film. digital is the future and you can not ignore the image quality and how much control you have.

IMO Quentin a writer first, not a conceptual imagining "in his head" kind of director (especially given his comments here) and probably will go digital eventually, despite the big talk here.

"I'll stop making films if they do away with projecting 35mm film in theaters", uh-huh, sure you will...

you guys forget how much of a film fan he is... he knows digital might be clearer and easier but he likes even the flaws of film.

sort of how people collect records rather than CD's

yeah with digital you things can be done in the actual camera or on a computer later on. For a director like Quentin, I'd imagine half the fun of film making is figuring out how to do things practically on the set.

Speilberg's the same way. He's old school and prefer's to shoot on film. Lucas tried convincing him to go digital on Indy 4 but he wouldn't go for it. He did Tintin on digital though, but that's a 3-D motion capture, animated film, so I guess that's his exception.

Some directors like to be at the forefront of state of the art technology in filmmaking and others prefer to remain traditionalist. Nothing wrong with either and I respect both mindsets.

I think if push comes to shove Quentin would use digital, but I agree film is wayyyy better than digital. I also prefer vinyl to mp3, so that kind of stuff is my bag.

I love stuff like this. Thanks for posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"