Can peter emulate the haitian's abilities?

hippy fascist

Avenger
Reaction score
Ok, so the Haitian cancels out powers. Does this mean that peters ambient absorbtion would be cancelled out? If not peter's got one hell of a weapon for the smackdown with sylar! :word:

The Haitian doesn't cancel out powers. Matt just couldn't read him. I guess Haitians though taking abilities and Matt TP caused static with each other.

The Haitian doesn't cancel out powers. Matt just couldn't read him. I guess Haitians though taking abilities and Matt TP caused static with each other.

Haitian dampens powers like Leech. He did it with Matt, Eden, and Sylar.

Peter was already close to
him so will find out soon enough

The haitian's powers are wierd. We obviously know he can extract memories, but the whole power-nullifying effect is iffy. He cancelled out Matt's and Eden's power, and i'm not sure if it was him or something else that stopped Sylar's power when the Company had him.

On the other hand, he wasn't able to stop Nathan from flying away, and it seems odd that in the end of Company Man, after taking the Bennet family to safety he didn't go back in to stop Ted going nuclear. If he could cancel out any power, he would've done something.

Someone suggested he can only cancel out mental powers, which makes sense. It works on Matt and Eden, but not on Ted and Nathan. Who knows, though. The Haitian's just a huge mystery.

The haitian's powers are wierd. We obviously know he can extract memories, but the whole power-nullifying effect is iffy. He cancelled out Matt's and Eden's power, and i'm not sure if it was him or something else that stopped Sylar's power when the Company had him.

On the other hand, he wasn't able to stop Nathan from flying away, and it seems odd that in the end of Company Man, after taking the Bennet family to safety he didn't go back in to stop Ted going nuclear. If he could cancel out any power, he would've done something.

Someone suggested he can only cancel out mental powers, which makes sense. It works on Matt and Eden, but not on Ted and Nathan. Who knows, though. The Haitian's just a huge mystery.
Agreed. They've been a little inconsistent with the Haitian. The Haitian has prevented Matt from reading any minds in the vicinity, and he's prevented Eden from using her power of suggestion. Why then has he stood by while other Heroes have used their powers.

Nathan doesn't count, son of his true employer so he wouldn't do very well to have him taken in for vivisection. Mommy would have been pissed

Ted couldn't even stop himself. I'd imagine he can blank ted's powers in a resting state but not once the chain reaction had started. They had to literally put him in a coma to stop him. Haitian can stop parts of a brain but not the whole thing.

The haitian doesnt null powers. He basically goes into the mind and effects the way a hero can focus on it. S he cant stop clair from healing or stop invisible man but he can interfere with more cognitive powers.

Hmmm. Haitian has passively blocked out Matt reading minds around him before. Remember Matt's nose bleed? It could be that it is a passive effect to his mind extracting abilities---or it could that a "higher power" is protecting him. Do recall that when HRG questioned the Haitian after discovering he could speak, the man did mention something of a higher power guiding him or giving orders.

If there's anyone on the show with more complex origins and powers than Sylar, I'd say it's the Haitian. I don't see what memory removal has to do with power negation, but those are the abilities he seems capable of. Guess this kind of confusion is to be expected in the first season.

If there's anyone on the show with more complex origins and powers than Sylar, I'd say it's the Haitian. I don't see what memory removal has to do with power negation, but those are the abilities he seems capable of. Guess this kind of confusion is to be expected in the first season.

He removes memories by manipulating pathways in the brain

The heroes powers have been said again and again to stem from...that's right...their brains :whatever:

What's not to get? :huh:

It's a theory.

no...it's really not. Mohinder and chandra both stated the power comes from their brains

The writers have stated from day one that it's one hero, one power

Seriously man, accept the fact that you were wrong with some diginity

Hmmm. Haitian has passively blocked out Matt reading minds around him before. Remember Matt's nose bleed? It could be that it is a passive effect to his mind extracting abilities---or it could that a "higher power" is protecting him. Do recall that when HRG questioned the Haitian after discovering he could speak, the man did mention something of a higher power guiding him or giving orders.

You must've missed the recent episode. The Higher Power is [BLACKOUT]Mama Petrelli[/BLACKOUT]:ninja:

no...it's really not. Mohinder and chandra both stated the power comes from their brains

One hero one power?

Sylar steals powers, and Peter's power is to mimick other powers.

I wasn't aware that stating you don't understand something makes you "wrong".

There's no confusion about where everyone's powers come from, I remember Chandra's conversation with Sylar. The whole issue is the Haitian. It's obvious he can erase memories, if someone can't realize that, then they probably couldn't be reading this either. But his power negation seems to be selective when you take into account his actual use of it. He wasn't able to stop Nathan from escaping by flight. The only person this seems to have worked on thus far has been Matt, the telepath.

Let's say his powers do work exactly the way you've described, why would his abilities only be limited to memory removal and power negation? If he can manipulate all facets of the brain, should he not be able to place people under mind control and/or plant images in their head? My point is that either there's still some explaining left to do concerning the Haitian's powers or there is a possible plothole dealing with what he is really capable of. The only solid evidence we have that he can negate the powers of other metahumans, we'll call them, is when Mr. Bennet tells Matt that he won't be able to read his mind, "not with my friend here". That could easily be a plothole, but again, all speculation, just a theory.

Sylar steals powers, and Peter's power is to mimick other powers.

Still more then 1 power really but ok. We dont know peter only mimicks at this point unless i missed a episode which I have not.

The Haitian's ability to cancel other peoples' powers is probably linked to memory.

He can steal memories, so he just briefly steals their memory of how to use their power when they are around him.

Just a guess.

Matt didn't forget how to use his power when he was trying to read Bennet's mind; his power was blocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"