• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Paradox?

The_Beav

Civilian
Reaction score
The Haitian can cancel out powers, so does that mean Peter's power to absorb powers is cancelled or just the powers he absorbs? It must require effort to cancel, since Nathan was standing next to him when he took off. So if he let his guard down, Peter could get the Haitian's power. But then could he cancel the Haitians cancelling power?

Kind of like time travel, don't think just enjoy the ride.

Peter should have Adam powers now. He should also have Sylar's (assuming Sylar actually has a power and the "knowing how things work" wasn't something else). Then again he probably should have all the powers Sylar accumulated, too.

I think Peter only absorbs powers that are active, meaning that he only absorbed Sylar's telekinesis because he was using it at the time despite having numerous other abilities.

I think Peter only absorbs powers that are active, meaning that he only absorbed Sylar's telekinesis because he was using it at the time despite having numerous other abilities.

He absorbed DL's when DL was nowhere near using his. It's all about what his mind can remember/trigger. Even when he had amnesia, his mind was able to trigger some abilities likely because either his subconscious still carried the memories of the powers, his body reacted in self-defense, or both.

The writers have reiterated time and again that a Hero's frame of mind affects their abilities, especially Peter.

He absorbed DL's when DL was nowhere near using his. It's all about what his mind can remember/trigger. Even when he had amnesia, his mind was able to trigger some abilities likely because either his subconscious still carried the memories of the powers, his body reacted in self-defense, or both.

The writers have reiterated time and again that a Hero's frame of mind affects their abilities, especially Peter.
I agree, I think as the show progresses, Heroes like Peter and Hiro are going to have so much more control of their powers. Eventually they will be able to use it without too much thought, like when you move your arm, your really don't think about it too much, you just do it.

The Haitian can cancel out powers, so does that mean Peter's power to absorb powers is cancelled or just the powers he absorbs? It must require effort to cancel, since Nathan was standing next to him when he took off. So if he let his guard down, Peter could get the Haitian's power. But then could he cancel the Haitians cancelling power?

Kind of like time travel, don't think just enjoy the ride.

Peter should have Adam powers now. He should also have Sylar's (assuming Sylar actually has a power and the "knowing how things work" wasn't something else). Then again he probably should have all the powers Sylar accumulated, too.

I'm pretty sure it's similar to when Peter was in the interrogation room with Matt. They both got feedback from Matt trying to read his thoughts. Same thing with the Haitian, most likely.

So does this mean that Peter is only immortal if he remembers to be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"