Peter's Powers???

LS198Ryder

Civilian
Reaction score
On season 1 Peter faced Sylar several times. If Peter's power is to "copy" other Heroes powers why hasn't he copied Sylar's? And I am talking about Sylar's original power which is "to know how things work." Why does he have to learn how to use his powers when he should already know due to the encounters with Sylar? Even on Season 1 when Sylar and Peter faced on Suresh apartment Sylar said that he would like to see how Peter's power work while he had Peter on the wall. That to me was Sylar using his original power and Peter not "coping it"

Cuz Peter doesn't know how to use the "know how things work" power... just like he doesn't know how to use Ice, superhearing or several other of the powers he acquired from Sylar.

Also, just because peter copies a power doesn't mean he uses it instantly.

Great thoughts, but I think you're asking too much from Peter. He's a normal guy thrown into a very crazy situation.

i am sure when someone ask him to fix a watch, he'll have to use Sylar's "original powers". :cwink:

Well, let's open up a brain for him, and see what he says...

So could Peter have stopped the Haitian from taking his memories by using his own power-suppression against him?

I assume that Peter also copied Haitian's powers, or did Haitian suppress Peter's power to copy other people's abilities so he didn't copy his? Otherwise, imagine Peter being able to nullify other abilities; that'd make him insanely powerful.

peter's main power kinda reminds me of rogue's. am i the only one that sees this?

peter's main power kinda reminds me of rogue's. am i the only one that sees this?

Yep, abbadon and i have had this debate but yes they both 'absorb' powers rather than mimic them.

Peter may have Sylars Original power, but I think that he only "downloaded" the original, not what Sylar has collected.

I theorized that Pete only absorbs powers that are used around him. After his first encounter with Sylar, he only seemed to obtain the telekinesis that Sylar used against him rather than his full power set.

Using DL's power last week blew my theory since I can't think of when that particular power was used in his prescence. Can any of you?

How Close Does Peter Have to Be Cus DL Had Just Phased His Hand Into Lindermans Skull

Syler doesn't have any powers. He eats peoples brains and gains their powers. It's entirely possible that anybody could do it if they're willing to go Zombie on somebody.

Unless it's been established in the comics or something that he does in fact look at their brains and can learn to use their powers. Then i'll shut up.

I theorized that Pete only absorbs powers that are used around him. After his first encounter with Sylar, he only seemed to obtain the telekinesis that Sylar used against him rather than his full power set.

Using DL's power last week blew my theory since I can't think of when that particular power was used in his prescence. Can any of you?

No, But at the end of The Hard Part Peter absords Ted's Ability with out it being used.

So what I forgot to say was I don't think that powers have to be used for Peter to gain them.

Syler doesn't have any powers. He eats peoples brains and gains their powers. It's entirely possible that anybody could do it if they're willing to go Zombie on somebody.

Unless it's been established in the comics or something that he does in fact look at their brains and can learn to use their powers. Then i'll shut up.

exactly what I thought. Sylar has to cut open the persons head and take their powers so he can use them and understand how they work. So unless Peter goes and cuts sylars head open to get his brains he won't get sylars orginal power

Peter has all of Sylar's powers. Hence the overload.

exactly what I thought. Sylar has to cut open the persons head and take their powers so he can use them and understand how they work. So unless Peter goes and cuts sylars head open to get his brains he won't get sylars orginal power
The first season seemed focused on individual psychological catalysts (like Peter thinking about how others made him feel in order to access their powers at first, but now obviously no longer needs to, since he used their powers without being able to remember them) which are later discarded. Perhaps Sylar's mental instability hasn't allowed him to discard his catalyst... but that wouldn't make it necessary for Peter to go all zombie. "Mmmmm....brains!"

Peter was able to regain his memories by taping into the Hatians power when he started talking to his mom in the future.

-Æ-;13295185 said:
Peter was able to regain his memories by taping into the Hatians power when he started talking to his mom in the future.

The Haitian's powers only take memories. I am pretty sure Peter was able to regain his memories when he was talking to his mom because he had previously been in contact with Adam. So his mom just helped start the healing process while Adam's power did the rest, even if it was on a subconscious level.

uh, syler did have powers originally. he could see how things worked. as in, thats why he was so good at fixing the watches... he could tell what was wrong with them just by looking at them. he can also see how the peoples powers ''work'' in their brains... but i still dont really know how that helps him get the powers haha, but he manages

either way he DEFINITELY originally had powers... thats why mohinders dad first sought him out in the first season

They also forgot the empath ability from Simone's Father.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"