Peter's Powers???

simone's father had powers?? :huh: when did i miss that!!

-Æ-;13295287 said:
They also forgot the empath ability from Simone's Father.

No, his abilities involved Dreamtime.

Well We Cant Really Be Sure But Its Assumed That Peter Got His Prophetic Dreams From Him

-Æ-;13295298 said:
Yep it was shown may times in season one, and even mentioned.

really??? i cant remember that at all! what episodes, do you remember? i can't believe i missed that

Star Chaser If Nothing Else He Was One Of The Twelve And We're Pretty Sure They All Had Powers

No, his abilities involved Dreamtime.

Go back to season one Abaddon, im not going to argue with you over this, its been discussed before, just because you don't remember doesn't make my statement wrong.

Empathy can be linked psychically to dream like states in order to sense out ones feelings.

Like I said this was discussed before, and even proven. The information is there, go look it up.

They never explictly stated anything about his powers. But Peter got the dream power from somewhere, and we did see him speak with Devereaux in the finale.

-Æ-;13295362 said:
Go back to season one Abaddon, im not going to argue with you over this, its been discussed before, just because you don't remember doesn't make my statement wrong.

Empathy can be linked psychically to dream like states in order to sense out ones feelings.

Like I said this was discussed before, and even proven. The information is their, go look it up.

I do remember. The power is in dreams not empathy. If anything it's Peter's powers that have been described as empathic in nature.:huh:

I'm gonna look it up because it isn't there.:o

In Activating Evolution that stated the difference between Peter and Sylar's abilities, since they are somewhat similar due to the fact that they both can take on multiple powers. And it said that Peter's power derive from him being an empath, which essentially is his true ability. Devereaux may have given Peter the dream/premonition power, but he did not give him the empath power.

-Æ-;13295362 said:

Like I said this was discussed before, and even proven. The information is there, go look it up.

I could be wrong, but Peter's empathic abilities went back to before he met Devoux, didn't they?

I'm unsure of when in the time line Nathan's car accident took place, but regardless of that, Peter made note about even when they were kids, he was interconnected with Nathan, and could feel it when Nathan was overwhelmed by emotion (not a direct quote)

Isn't Empathic mimicry the power to absorb abilities so how could he absorb it if he didn't have the power to begin with.:huh:

6x0e44k.jpg

They never explictly stated anything about his powers. But Peter got the dream power from somewhere, and we did see him speak with Devereaux in the finale.

I have said this before and no the writers have never explained the scene but why would Peter be invisible if he was just dreaming up that scene?
I suspect he time traveled and used invisibility otherwise again why would Mr D say anything about him being invisible?
The signs point to my theory as also he was privy to scenes he did not see in real life so how could he have dreamed them up? unless he took part of Mr D's memories somehow.
We can speculate all day but until the release the Hero's origins and explain the older generations powers we will never know but I think my theory is the most sound based on the evidence we have to work with.:word:

I have said this before and no the writers have never explained the scene but why would Peter be invisible if he was just dreaming up that scene?
I suspect he time traveled and used invisibility otherwise again why would Mr D say anything about him being invisible?
The signs point to my theory as also he was privy to scenes he did not see in real life so how could he have dreamed them up? unless he took part of Mr D's memories somehow.
We can speculate all day but until the release the Hero's origins and explain the older generations powers we will never know but I think my theory is the most sound based on the evidence we have to work with.:word:

He passed out, then he woke up. There was no time travel. He was invisible because he wasn't really there, it was a memory.

I'm kind of sitting on the fence when it comes to the Peter-Devereaux scene. I almost completely agree with NateGray, in that Peter travelled back in time as a cause of his powers going haywire. And it did appear that he turned himself invisible when he saw himself in the other room with Simone and when he saw his mom talking to Devereaux. Plus you have devereaux saying that he knew Peter was standing there.

But I also agree with Abbadon that it could have been a dream because when Peter awoke, he was still laying on the street. It looked like he had blacked out and just awoke from a dream. If peter had teleported, I would like to believe he would have been standing upright when he returned to the present, and not picking himself up off the concrete.

Either way I think it's a moot point. The only reason I got into this thread was because I saw someone has posted that Peter got his "empath power" from Devereaux, which I feel is false.

I think that was a dream-time experiance like Mohinder had viewing his parent's discussion about Shanti... whatever happened to the Hindu boy with the soccer ball and the dream powers?

at least nathan kept all his limbs:o
'Cause he didn't F with Obi Wan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"