Clone Wars Cancelled

In addition, a number of people close to the situation have told me that there are no clean resolutions to the story arcs of fan-favorite characters like [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]Ahsoka [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]Tano[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and Asajj Ventress in the unaired Season 6 material. It's also been suggested to me that, while last week's statement on StarWars.com teased future "[COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]bonus [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]content[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]," there's no guarantee that fans will ever see that content.

If that's true, it'll be terrible shame. I don't expect them to start making new stuff after cancelling the show, but to just lock the already finished away in a vault for eternity seems a little silly.

Hopefully (again, if it's true) we'll see the conclusion or continuation of the unresolved character stories in some other media.
Yep, Ultimate Spider-man all over again :csad:

Dammit. Not too surprised, though.

If that's true, it'll be terrible shame. I don't expect them to start making new stuff after cancelling the show, but to just lock the already finished away in a vault for eternity seems a little silly.

Hopefully (again, if it's true) we'll see the conclusion or continuation of the unresolved character stories in some other media.

There's nothing to indicate this is going to be the case. Most likely the bonus content will still come to see the light of day, keep in mind Disney is a business. You use the terminology vault I believe, in reference to the "Disney Vault" it's many classics seem to disappear into after a brief initial release. However, the "vault" is merely a business strategy used to- catch impulse buyers with it's "limited time only" promise and to keep the prices of merchandise high. With the sizable following the Clone Wars has, more likely than not we will see several of the arcs become direct to video releases or become bonus content on prequel trilogy releases to help boost sales. (come on anyone can argue that the movies are just fine all anyone wants, but I when I got to Walmart, Target, or Best Buy they always have WAY more prequel trilogy collection sets in stock than original trilogy/complete saga ones.) Anyway long story short stop worrying, we'll get to see what was developed from season 6, and hopefully the new series will be just as good.

There's nothing to indicate this is going to be the case."

Except for this:

"It's also been suggested to me that, while last week's statement on StarWars.com teased future episodes, there's no guarantee that fans will ever see that content."

Most likely the bonus content will still come to see the light of day, keep in mind Disney is a business. You use the terminology vault I believe, in reference to the "Disney Vault" it's many classics seem to disappear into after a brief initial release. However, the "vault" is merely a business strategy used to- catch impulse buyers with it's "limited time only" promise and to keep the prices of merchandise high. With the sizable following the Clone Wars has, more likely than not we will see several of the arcs become direct to video releases or become bonus content on prequel trilogy releases to help boost sales. (come on anyone can argue that the movies are just fine all anyone wants, but I when I got to Walmart, Target, or Best Buy they always have WAY more prequel trilogy collection sets in stock than original trilogy/complete saga ones.) Anyway long story short stop worrying, we'll get to see what was developed from season 6, and hopefully the new series will be just as good.

I wasn't referring to Disney's infamous 'movie vault', just using the term as a "place to lock things away forever" type thing. Besides, I'm not worried, hence the "If that's true" disclaimer at the beginning of my post.

From lightsaberrattling.com:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars News: The Series Was Planned For 7 Or 8 Seasons
by Peter • November 22, 2013

In our latest Rebels Report podcast we interviewed The Clone Wars writer Brent Friedman who worked on four seasons on the show only two of which have aired as seasons four and five.

Brent revealed that they had completed writing on seasons six and seven including a series finale story arc. He went on to say that there were enough episodes written that the show could have also included an eighth season.

According to Brent the season 7 finale arc was hotly debated in the writers room. Just how was the series going to end is a question that fans may not ever get the answer to.

While it doesn’t seem likely that they will ever revisit the series in the animated form after the bonus content is released I would love to see them release novelizations of these unaired story arcs, a “Making of” book by J.W. Rinzler or even a compilation book of the un-aired scripts.

Audio is available here:

http://lightsaberrattling.com/star-...ws-the-series-was-planned-for-7-or-8-seasons/

That sucks. But if that means we get a compact Season 6 without droid fillers and crap, that's probably for the best.

Plz dont remind me how this show was murdered before it's time :csad:. I hope we get concrete news soon regarding when we'll see the unaired episodes.

I knew it! I always guessed that they wanted to make 7 Seasons!
Now I want to see the Unaired stuff & I hope that Rebels is going to be Good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"